shape
carat
color
clarity

Best use of money?

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
artdecolover71|1452269762|3972656 said:
Hi! Your stone is going to look much larger once it's set, so that's the first thing. Your stone faces up larger then it's carat weight, if you look at my SMTB thread for my DK piece, that might be helpful bc I think you stone is almost the same face up dimensions! I think any of your choices will work well but just figure out which feels the most like you? Also, do you want it to look more like a statement piece or an e ring? I thought about only doing the calibre cut sapphires and no outer scalloped halo on mine, but I already have an e ring/anniversary ring I wear daily so that was factored into my own decision. Will you be wearing daily or special occasions only? These are all questions that might help when choosing :) it's s tough decision but a fun one!

Artdecolover, I just checked your past posts and saw the dimensions on your stone. You're right - they're pretty close! I didn't realize...I thought your stone was much, much larger!

I don't necessarily want it to look like a statement piece, but I also don't want it to look like an e-ring either. I may not wear it everyday, but it's something I plan to wear a lot and not just on special occasions. However, I already have an e-ring I wear daily too, so I don't want it to look too similar to that....Definitely some things to think about!

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
More thoughts...I'm leaning towards the one Gypsy posted with the emeralds. I'm wondering though, instead of a regular diamond halo, if the halo could be done along the lines of the CVB ring Gypsy posted:
halo_1.jpg

So, this design, but sapphires where the diamonds are and a detailed/interesting diamond halo a la the ring above where the emeralds are:
_35913.jpg

I feel like if that would work, I'd have my perfect setting. It would encompass everything I've been aiming for. But again, I'm the WORST at visualizing these things. Thoughts? Potentially pretty? Or potentially too busy or too much metal or verging on bulky? Is it too close to a designer's original in which I'm bordering on stealing their work?

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
If you can afford to work with cvb, I absolutely would! But again her pricing will not be too different then it is on etsy, so if you can stretch your budget, I wouldn't hesitate. She's amazing to work with and everything I have from her is heirloom perfection quality! Plus she will walk you through each step, so there's never a doubt of what will or will not work :)

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
artdecolover71|1452284792|3972828 said:
If you can afford to work with cvb, I absolutely would! But again her pricing will not be too different then it is on etsy, so if you can stretch your budget, I wouldn't hesitate. She's amazing to work with and everything I have from her is heirloom perfection quality! Plus she will walk you through each step, so there's never a doubt of what will or will not work :)

I wish I could, but unfortunately, her Etsy shop indicates to me that she would be out of my budget. Even some of her non-halo settings on Etsy out of budget. I have considered contacting her and possibly asking for a quote or asking if one of her designs could be modified (like Gyspy had posted), but I honestly fear it would be more insulting to her than anything considering my budget. Then again, as Gypsy said, a quote doesn't cost anything, so maybe it's worth a shot?

I also really don't want to infringe upon her beautiful work so if my idea would be too close for comfort, I will nix it!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it would be pretty. Ask your vendor about it.

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy|1452287506|3972855 said:
I think it would be pretty. Ask your vendor about it.

Thanks Gypsy! I've been doing some very bad "photoshopping" (er, really more like cropping, cutting, and pasting in Word), and I think it could work and look nice! Friday at 4pm when you're the only one in the office doesn't really lead to quality work time, lol. Anyway, I'm excited...if this works, I think I have my perfect setting!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
And that's goal!

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
Sometimes having a budget and getting creative has wonderful results! Looking forward to seeing what you end up choosing! It is SO exciting and I am looking forward to seeing your cads if you post them :)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought you might like the design on this halo. I like the little marquise shapes, and I think they go with the design you where considering. Imagine if they where sapphires

resizer__6_.jpg

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
Niel|1452647289|3975086 said:
I thought you might like the design on this halo. I like the little marquise shapes, and I think they go with the design you where considering. Imagine if they where sapphires

Niel, you're right - that is right in line with the look I'm going for! I love the marquise shapes as well. Truly, I wish I could just make a bunch of different rings so I can have ALL of these pretty elements!

That being said, I've heard back from MDZ, and they said that the last idea I sent them (the emerald halo ring Gypsy posted with sapphires at n,s,e,w and a diamond halo in individual bezels, similar to the CVB ring) would work. So, I've given them the go ahead and said I'd like to move forward. :dance: I'm hoping that if I see the CADs and really don't like the look of the individual bezels that it won't be too difficult to revert back to a regular halo. I know MDZ wouldn't necessarily be everyone's first choice to create the setting, but I've decided to go with them because I've had a prior good experience, the price fit my budget, and because they've been the most responsive in getting back to me. Thank you all for posting so many inspiration rings and helping me to refine the setting I'd like! I will definitely post CADs when I get them. Thank you so much!!!

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
Ilya is super nice, I would just recommend posting the cads here for another set of eyes :)
Can't wait to see!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results