shape
carat
color
clarity

Best guess on Kristin Welker's diamond hoops earring specs?

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I'm completely in love with the inside out diamond hoop earrings that Kristen Welker wore while moderating the last presidential debate. Tell me your best guesses as to their specs, specifically:

1. The diameter of the hoops
2. The size of the diamonds
3. The total number of diamonds

Perhaps some of the pros on here have an opinion? Last time I asked about the size of Angelina Jolie's diamond stud earrings, @Garry H (Cut Nut) knew the answer!

(Color & clarity doesn't matter because if I were to recreate these babies then I'd go my own way on that matter. :P2 )

Thanks in advance!

5840978_300.jpg

14a823b1-750a-42b9-8eda-9b9c18b81ce6-large1x1_AP20297079846368.jpg

welker_kristen.png

medium_kristen-welkers-moderation-garnered-praise-1603425473.jpg

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, I just realized I spelled her name wrong. Its Kristen, not Kristin!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really difficult to tell, isn’t it? I think these sit at a weird angle on her, they really stick out sideways! Anyway, maybe something like this,

although these are 19mm diameter, Kristen’s look a bit wider, around 25mm??

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish I could wear hoops that big as they looked really good on her!

My wild guess is that the stones are at least 3mm/10pt to be that visible.

DK :))

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like @snowdrop said, they're sticking out... I have the same problem... Piercings are not straight. That's why I don't wear hoops. I hate the look on me. Apparently there are angled posts that can remedy this situation.

Have you tried on hoops before? I think it's crucial with this style, otherwise it could be a very costly mistake.

Her face is rather square, the piercings seem to sit pretty high up on her cushion-y lobes. All this makes for this specific appearance. I'm pretty sure that this exact pair will be a totally different look on someone else.

Do you like the look of the hoops per senor the look on her/ in relation to her face?

I think the diamonds are pretty big per piece because on can see the round outlines rather than just a line of sparkle..

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Someone on PS had a pair of whoppers made by WF, and they can still be found on WF's website, and I believe they belong to AGBF.

Not big in diameter, however big in size for the stones and TTCW!

DK :))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have hoops that are 1" and they appear larger. I do think they are 20-25mm.

Here are some at 20mm to give you an idea.

Last edited:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will tell you that the best selection of diamond hoops to try on for size is Roberto Coin. Stores like Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom will carry some of them.

23mm (which I think are close to her size)

25mm

28mm

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for your guesses on specs and suggestions/links for similar styles.

I wear and love hoops, from small to large sizes, but I've never had ones with diamonds. I love the contemporary yet classic vibe of hoops, they work with my face shape and fit my style.

I love this Harry Winston pair, but they are way too expensive, so not in my future:

Harry Winston Hoops Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 9.54.00 AM.png

Harry Winston Hoops Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 9.53.54 AM.png

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I will tell you that the best selection of diamond hoops to try on for size is Roberto Coin. Stores like Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom will carry some of them.

23mm (which I think are close to her size)

25mm

28mm

Thanks! That's an excellent suggestion. I know a couple places locally that carry Roberto Coin, so I'll try them to get a feel for size.

And I agree that Kristen's earrings are very slightly less than 1" diameter, because the Harry Winston ones I posted above are 1" and look larger to me. I think anything in that 7/8" - 1" range would work.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Yes, My daughters bought these for their mom. They are more like 1.25" in diameter.

I think I remember seeing your post on that. Did you post an ear shot? I'm going to poke around to see if I can find it!

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Like @snowdrop said, they're sticking out... I have the same problem... Piercings are not straight. That's why I don't wear hoops. I hate the look on me. Apparently there are angled posts that can remedy this situation.

Have you tried on hoops before? I think it's crucial with this style, otherwise it could be a very costly mistake.

Her face is rather square, the piercings seem to sit pretty high up on her cushion-y lobes. All this makes for this specific appearance. I'm pretty sure that this exact pair will be a totally different look on someone else.

Do you like the look of the hoops per senor the look on her/ in relation to her face?

I think the diamonds are pretty big per piece because on can see the round outlines rather than just a line of sparkle..

If its the directionality of hoops that bother you (for your own earring wearing) than I highly recommend Cartier hoops. Their posts are intentionally angled to make the hoop appear to point more straight ahead and less out to the side. I'll take some pics of mine and post to show you what their angles look like.

Personally, I don't mind the look of hoops pointing out slightly, like Kristen's do, but everyone is different.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
@Dancing Fire Stunning!

Does your wife find that she wears them often? Are they comfortable in terms of not being too heavy on her earlobe?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dancing Fire Stunning!

Does your wife find that she wears them often? Are they comfortable in terms of not being too heavy on her earlobe?
She just try em on for 10 mins when I took these pics. I guess she doesn't wear these hoops daliy b/c the grandkids will pull on em.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
She just try em on for 10 mins when I took these pics. I guess she doesn't wear these hoops daliy b/c the grandkids will pull on em.

Ahh yes, little hands like to reach for shiny things!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results