shape
carat
color
clarity

Best carry on bag

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I only do carry-on luggage regardless of the length of the trip, including for 5 weeks in Italy which included hiking gear! Everything I bring color coordinates with everything else, and go to a laundromat when necessary.

I've had a lot of different bags, but now swear by the TravelPro Crew line of spinners. That's often the kind that flight crews use and If it's good enough for flight attendants, it's good enough for me! I have both the 21" and the slightly smaller international carry-on. I find Tumi too heavy and more expensive without having better quality. I've given most of our Tumi away. I also now use a carry-on tote that slides over the handle and it will fit under any seat, including the small space that's often on the aisle. My favorite is the one by Briggs & Riley although I also have one by Victorinox that is good too.

One thing I wouldn't travel without anymore is the eBags Ultralight packing cubes. I use one of the large sizes for pants and shorts, and a second for tops. I use an Eagle Creek packing bag that is perfectly sized for underwear to fit in the space between the tubes for the retracting handles and others for shoes and sandals to fit at the bottom and the outer sides so they won't get the clothes dirty. It's made traveling so much easier. I store my rolled clothes in the cubes and I don't have to unpack just to get something underneath. Just lift up the cube, set it aside, and open the lower cube. It's so easy to use I rarely unpack anymore. All I need is a luggage rack and I'm all set.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, completely shit trip. My new two year old bulldog Manny died last night. ;( He started breathing noisy right before I left, but I thought it was stress. Saturday it got worse and by Monday my 18 year old twins decided they had to rush him to the vet instead of going to school. He coded about 2 hours later, the vet intubated him and saw a throat mass. She took him to emergency surgery, removed the mass and he did ok, survived it, was breathing on his own and holding his color. She transferred him to the overnight emergency vet where he was stable, so I went to bed.

The vet called around 11 pm las vegas time and told DH Manny lost his airway and couldnt be intubated and died. Second dog to die while we are on vacation.

Dh cancelled his corvette driving lessons today-- I've been bawling since yesterday (surgical wife here... I knew surgery was risky and I knew the mass was likely malignant). Our plane doesn't leave until 11 tonight.

My kids don't know yet. My eldest has final exams today at his university. Oh, and he called last night... thought he was getting a C in chemistry (tech school, super hard) and seems he got an F. I told him to shake it off. He will retake. He felt confident going into that exam and after, thought he did well. Organic is next. He has chem fatigue. He did get a B in the lab. (He usually gets As in chemistry)

Thank god things are legal in Nevada. I don't drink much.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i'm sorry I screwed up the thread. I'm messed up in my head (but completely sober)

The ebag extra light packing cubes are a must and I packed much better this time. We are checking out now from the motor sports place and headed back to vegas.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you are ok @whitewave

As far as the thread, I got the 29" bag and it is flipping huge. I am keeping it because DH and I can use it when we want just one bag for traveling. I went to ebags and bought the 25" in the turquoise for me. They are having a 30% off sale now.

upload_2018-3-3_10-19-35.png

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you are ok @whitewave

As far as the thread, I got the 29" bag and it is flipping huge. I am keeping it because DH and I can use it when we want just one bag for traveling. I went to ebags and bought the 25" in the turquoise for me. They are having a 30% off sale now.

upload_2018-3-3_10-19-35.png

Good to know. My mini is turquoise-- love the color. I wanted to get a larger one, so I guess I'll get the 25 inch too.

I have another trip right after easter.

I'm hanging in there. Oldest kid wound up with a C in chemistry, not an F. Thank god.

Im still completely devestated about my dog, but we are now adopting my foster bulldog.. had her for a week before we left. Damn, that two year old bulldog is going to leave a giant hole in my heart. He was precious. We have had a bad run, losing four dogs in two years, all natural causes.

Back to luggage. I wonder if I should get the new Four wheeled version? Off to look...

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_4342.JPG

Say cheese! Her name is Elizabeth (right) and she lived in a cage and was a breeder mom. She has been spayed and is two years old and her boobs hang down low like mine lol, so I feel for her.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave I'm so sorry for your loss. I have a soft spot in my heart for bullies, they are the cousins of my fur baby. I luv bullmastiffs. Hugs to you.

20180304_054016.jpg 20180304_053918.jpg

This Samsonite and M.Kors I bought last year has been my carry-on dream come true.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone, I'm going to start a new thread about my grief unless we already have a pet loss thread.

I do love Boxers and bull mastiffs. We had three boxers and one was a boxer mastiff.

I wanted to get the tls mother lode duffle to go with my mini carry on but it doesnt come in turquoise!!! And I cant get black because I cant see anything against a black background. I had bought the blue color for dh wnd the duffle does come in blue.

I used my Lo and Sons Catalina tote and that worked well, but for my next trip, skiing in Whistler, I will check a bag and bring a carryon. How do you maneuver two rolling luggages?

I like my LL Bean duffle because when I am done with it, it goes under my bed, I dont have to store it in the attic, etc. But, it doesn't stand up, only has two wheels and the clothes pile down to the bottom when you are rolling.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which TLS Mother Lode duffle were you looking for? I got the 25" and it is in turquoise but the 29" does not have turquoise as an option. The red and green seem nice.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_4186.JPG

With my cpap lol. It worked pretty well since the telescoping handle has several detents (heights)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results