shape
carat
color
clarity

Bespoke Lab Ruby Ring

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Really interesting to follow your journey. It's like your blazing a trail for the rest of us in the UK who want bespoke, not necessarily fancy, just an opportunity to bring our own ideas to life, but can't swallow the bespoke cost.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@MeowMeow thanks so much. I can't wait either.
@Tartansparkles This was an experiment. I had an idea in mind and wanted to see if I could complete the project all in the UK from gem cutting, design, casting through to setting at a reasonable price! ;)2 I chose the ring in silver because I love it, but could have equally had this cast in gold or platinum.

I believe that bespoke can be affordable. I don't have a big budget but that should not preclude people from going down the bespoke route.

Hopefully with businesses opening back up I can get this project finished soon.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I can't wait to see it all spiffy and polished. I love a statement ring.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. I’m just now reading through your thread and I’m so impressed with your initiative with this whole process. I can’t wait to see your finished ring and I think it’s going to look fantastic.

Ladygrey

Shiny_Rock
I love this bold modern look. And love even more that you have found people in the UK to do this for you! I have a similar simple project in mind but am completely put off by how much I think it would cost.... This is giving me hope!!

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@Ladygrey Are you in the UK? Happy to help if I can! ;)2 It would be good to share info/ contacts and good for UK business!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elle_71125 Hi :wavey: I really appreciate your feedback. Thanks so much!
My next plan is to start wax carving my own jewellery for casting. :mrgreen2:

That’s so cool. I really thought about buying some cad software so I could design and tweak my own ring projects but the learning curve is intimidating. :oops2:

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@elle_71125 Yes I know what you mean with the CAD software. Try out some of the free options that are available first! ;)2 I think I am going to have a go too.

Ladygrey

Shiny_Rock
Yes! I'm in the UK. Totally inspired by your determination to get this project done and find a way. Can I ask if the casting place put you in touch with the CAD designer or if you found them separately?

Can't wait to see this when it's all polished up!

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@Ladygrey I went with Black Arts Casting. They work with an independent CAD designer and refer work to him. The CAD process was very smooth. Once the CAD was finalised and agreed by me he sent a 3D printed model back to the caster.

Ladygrey

Shiny_Rock
@Ladygrey I went with Black Arts Casting. They work with an independent CAD designer and refer work to him. The CAD process was very smooth. Once the CAD was finalised and agreed by me he sent a 3D printed model back to the caster.

Fantastic - thanks so much. I've had a look at their website and the pricing seems extremely fair! Great find - thanks so much for sharing.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh, I love it. The cool metal and the the hot stone color look so interesting together. Love ❤️ Plus I adore a bezel!!

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@Slick1 Thank you , you are really kind! Hope you are ok.
Take care x

paragon1234

Shiny_Rock
Are you waiting for your local jeweller to set the stone? I hope you get it soon.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@paragon1234 Our jewellers are just opening up but I should have it finished soon! :mrgreen2:

Ladygrey

Shiny_Rock
OK to update: At last I have my ring with a UK bench that have given a very reasonable quote to finish the ring and set the lab ruby! :dance:
Phew, the end is in sight touch wood!

Oooh, exciting! Nearly there! Would love your view on the bench you ended up using once the process is done.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK to update: At last I have my ring with a UK bench that have given a very reasonable quote to finish the ring and set the lab ruby! :dance:
Phew, the end is in sight touch wood!

Good news indeed! Looking forward to see the finished ring!

I had an update on my bangle - it is ready to be shipped, so hopefully I shall receive it soon!

DK :))

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@dk168 Great news about your bangle! :mrgreen2:

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
...........And it's finished! :dance: I am so darn happy! It turned out exactly as I wanted.

20200718_154647.jpg 20200718_154836.jpg 20200718_155146.jpg 20200718_155257.jpg

So I wanted a bold design for a bold stone. I adore bezels but opted for a channel set semi bezel to allow light into the lab ruby! It is substantial but designed as a comfort fit and I hardly notice i am wearing it!
If it wasn't for Covid it would have been finished 6 weeks ago. But I am really glad I persevered and all stages of this were completed in the UK! :mrgreen2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
...........And it's finished! :dance: I am so darn happy! It turned out exactly as I wanted.

20200718_154647.jpg 20200718_154836.jpg 20200718_155146.jpg 20200718_155257.jpg

So I wanted a bold design for a bold stone. I adore bezels but opted for a channel set semi bezel to allow light into the lab ruby! It is substantial but designed as a comfort fit and I hardly notice i am wearing it!
If it wasn't for Covid it would have been finished 6 weeks ago. But I am really glad I persevered and all stages of this were completed in the UK! :mrgreen2:

It's lovely, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2:

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! It turned out beautifully! You did such a great job with it! I'm so glad you finally have it!!

Ladygrey

Shiny_Rock
Amazing! Well worth the wait. And I so admire your initiative in finding uk suppliers to do all of it!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Thwack, look at that red! :bigsmile: :love:

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@ItsMainelyYou :lol: I know right! I haven't even taken it out in the sun yet as it's pouring down! It would probably down aircraft! :cool2:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OOOOHHH it is modern and I love it, it's a beautiful ring Niffler :) congrats!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results