shape
carat
color
clarity

Bespoke Edwardian-Inspired Russian Demantoid Pendant

LilAlex

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That is truly sensational! With spouse's home-cut stones no less.

Loved the documentary aspect. Can't wait for Season 2 =)2

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Brilliant_Rock
PHENOMENAL!! Those stones are fantastic and I LOVE the pendant all together! Thank you for sharing all the progress journey pics too, it's so fascinating to see each stage.
An absolute masterpiece in every way!

tara3056

Shiny_Rock
That is truly sensational! With spouse's home-cut stones no less.

Loved the documentary aspect. Can't wait for Season 2 =)2
Actually these stones were NOT cut by my husband - demantoid rough (and specifically Russian rough even more so) is very very very difficult to find. I just meant that we had spent a fair amount of what might have been my "jewelry projects" money on buying gem rough instead, so I hadn't had a new piece of jewelry in a very long time. :)

Wow that's mind blowingly beautiful. I thought from original post where you say it is hard to find demantoids in larger sizes, I thought the whole pendant would be smaller. Those are sizeable demantoids!
Thank you, partgypsy, but actually these demantoids aren't all that big. I suppose they're a decent size for top-color Russian origin, but the biggest garnet in this pendant is 4.5mm and most of the others are 3.8mms except for the tiniest one. I do own a larger demantoid, a 1.06ct 6.1mm, but it was not used in this pendant. I'm still deciding whether to put the big one in a ring someday or sell it instead.

Last edited:

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
Jaw dropping!!! Thank you so much for sharing the whole process. I could look at these pictures all day.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
What an incredible design, the journey of construction was wonderful. So few folks take the time to do this and it is so much fun to see.

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's awe inspiring, I must say! Congratulations, wear it in good health.

In case you haven't spent enough money, I found these incredible earrings in the GildedLane shop on Etsy ;-): They would be perfect with your pendant.

il_794xN.2409118772_siuc.jpg

tara3056

Shiny_Rock
It's awe inspiring, I must say! Congratulations, wear it in good health.

In case you haven't spent enough money, I found these incredible earrings in the GildedLane shop on Etsy ;-): They would be perfect with your pendant.

Wow, those are incredible!! But yeah, I'm not spending any more money for a bit ;-)

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    A 1.7ct Upgrade For A 17th Anniversary
    A 1.7ct Upgrade For A 17th Anniversary
    A Classic Solitaire
    A Classic Solitaire
    August Birthstones: Peridot And Sardonyx
    August Birthstones: Peridot And Sardonyx

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.