shape
carat
color
clarity

Berricle purchases

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I picked up the Berricle earrings and necklace I ordered for the good lady for Christmas, which were caught by customs and then slowly crawled through the postal system... :lol: lol

They are amazing! So much coloured fire and sparkle, I am seriously impressed. Compared to the dull, lifeless lumps of plastic (or what looks like plastic) she wears at the moment, they are night-and-day better.

Not on a par with her CBI e-ring, obviously :razz: but they are superb for their cost. Clear material, crisp faceting, no sign of any double-refraction or anything like that (but then I think that's only a moissanite thing??), and the settings seem great quality, despite being only silver. The rounds perform well and the asschers also perform well! They are perhaps a bit 'quiet' off-axis, but then I think that is also true of diamond.

The necklace chain does look extremely delicate, though, but that is a simple and inexpensive thing to swap/replace if needed.

I need to get the tape measure out as the earrings and the ring both look a bit smaller than I imagined they might, so I'll measure the stones to confirm, but I think perhaps it's just a male thing of thinking things look bigger than they actually are until you measure them... :???: :lol:

Next time I would/will order a mm or so larger!

I think I'm going to tuck them away for Valentine's Day :D lol

I’m happy you like them! I bought my mom a cushion necklace ..She loves it.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So I picked up the Berricle earrings and necklace I ordered for the good lady for Christmas, which were caught by customs and then slowly crawled through the postal system... :lol: lol

They are amazing! So much coloured fire and sparkle, I am seriously impressed. Compared to the dull, lifeless lumps of plastic (or what looks like plastic) she wears at the moment, they are night-and-day better.

Not on a par with her CBI e-ring, obviously :razz: but they are superb for their cost. Clear material, crisp faceting, no sign of any double-refraction or anything like that (but then I think that's only a moissanite thing??), and the settings seem great quality, despite being only silver. The rounds perform well and the asschers also perform well! They are perhaps a bit 'quiet' off-axis, but then I think that is also true of diamond.

The necklace chain does look extremely delicate, though, but that is a simple and inexpensive thing to swap/replace if needed.

I need to get the tape measure out as the earrings and the ring both look a bit smaller than I imagined they might, so I'll measure the stones to confirm, but I think perhaps it's just a male thing of thinking things look bigger than they actually are until you measure them... :???: :lol:

Next time I would/will order a mm or so larger!

I think I'm going to tuck them away for Valentine's Day :D lol

Hi @OoohShiny, the pieces you chose sound lovely. I’m sure Mrs OooohShiny will be very happy with them.
Just curious what you decided on, any chance of a sneaky pic :lol:.
I’m still wearing my Berricle pieces, they have held up very well.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @OoohShiny, the pieces you chose sound lovely. I’m sure Mrs OooohShiny will be very happy with them.
Just curious what you decided on, any chance of a sneaky pic :lol:.
I’m still wearing my Berricle pieces, they have held up very well.

I went with an Asscher pendant and then some earrings - mainly because I like stepcuts and will be the one looking at them :razz: :lol: LOL but also because they are pretty :)

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I ordered an emerald cut and round three stone that should be here by the end of the week. I’m a band and smaller stone gal and I feel like the smallish size of this one (cz emerald is 7x5) will be just right when I want a change. Hopefully I don’t like it too much to want to recreate it in the real thing! 22E81F05-0D53-4552-B61D-F57989FD4311.png

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I ordered an emerald cut and round three stone that should be here by the end of the week. I’m a band and smaller stone gal and I feel like the smallish size of this one (cz emerald is 7x5) will be just right when I want a change. Hopefully I don’t like it too much to want to recreate it in the real thing! 22E81F05-0D53-4552-B61D-F57989FD4311.png

Oh! I bought this same ring a few months ago in both the rhodium plated sterling and the rose gold plated, and I absolutely LOVE it! The cut is amazing and so diamond-like!

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh! I bought this same ring a few months ago in both the rhodium plated sterling and the rose gold plated, and I absolutely LOVE it! The cut is amazing and so diamond-like!

yay! I can’t wait to get it! Should be here on Friday!

I got the rhodium plated and know that will look good (and so happy to hear you think the stone is great, too!). What are your thoughts on rose-gold plated? Hadn’t even thought about that ;-)

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Ooh lovely! I’ve had that ring on my wish list for ages.
If you would like to share a photo wearing your new emerald I would love to see it.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
yay! I can’t wait to get it! Should be here on Friday!

I got the rhodium plated and know that will look good (and so happy to hear you think the stone is great, too!). What are your thoughts on rose-gold plated? Hadn’t even thought about that ;-)

I like the rose-gold plated a lot - it seems like a a good quality of plating, and it matches my 10k and 14k rose gold bands well. I don't have any feedback on durability yet, though, as I don't wear the Berricle rings often. The stones are a little larger than my little "daily wear in my yoga pants and sneakers" diamonds, so like my slightly bigger diamonds and moissies, I tend to wear them when I'm out and about and dressed a little more nicely, which isn't very often! :geek:

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like the rose-gold plated a lot - it seems like a a good quality of plating, and it matches my 10k and 14k rose gold bands well. I don't have any feedback on durability yet, though, as I don't wear the Berricle rings often. The stones are a little larger than my little "daily wear in my yoga pants and sneakers" diamonds, so like my slightly bigger diamonds and moissies, I tend to wear them when I'm out and about and dressed a little more nicely, which isn't very often! :geek:

Thanks @OboeGal! This would also be for occasional wear and if I like it as much as I think I will, I may have to add this one rose gold one, too! The fact that the color looks good is enough for me.

My engagement ring and nice CS three stone sit in a drawer and I usually wear just a band or two so I totally understand!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ordered an emerald cut and round three stone that should be here by the end of the week. I’m a band and smaller stone gal and I feel like the smallish size of this one (cz emerald is 7x5) will be just right when I want a change. Hopefully I don’t like it too much to want to recreate it in the real thing!
:lol:

I hear you...

I'm seriously tempted to get an 8mm or 9mm Berricle asscher and then get it set into a cheap tension setting - but I know I will NEVER be able to afford a 3ct or 4ct diamond, even MMD :( so it would ruin things for me if I ever managed to get the 7mm 2-2.5ct MMD I *might* be able to stretch to one day! :(( :lol:

The good lady's necklace is the 8mm version (now measured and confirmed) and it really does not look that large against my RHR finger... :???: :( lol

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol:

I hear you...

I'm seriously tempted to get an 8mm or 9mm Berricle asscher and then get it set into a cheap tension setting - but I know I will NEVER be able to afford a 3ct or 4ct diamond, even MMD :( so it would ruin things for me if I ever managed to get the 7mm 2-2.5ct MMD I *might* be able to stretch to one day! :(( :lol:

The good lady's necklace is the 8mm version (now measured and confirmed) and it really does not look that large against my RHR finger... :???: :( lol

i have the big berricle cluster ring that i pretty much only wear in the house every so often and a couple of moissys that i wear for travel or to change things up...i don't think it ruins you for the real thing, it feels more like a play thing to me...
all that to say...if it will make you happy, go for it!

czs are less hardy than moissy or diamond tho so pick a good setter :razz:

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So my Berricle ring came - it is so pretty! It will be fun to wear sometimes. I do think I already wish I had a “real” emerald cut, though, which might be a bad thing. :bigsmile:

Bands fit under this nicely and it’s relatively low set. Looks just fine with a white gold diamond eternity and a platinum embossed band.

I’m a 4 but have been buying some 4.5s to make more humid days more comfortable. This is a 4.5 and I love the 7x5 size on me. 4CF095AC-B023-49FF-B78B-E5C3DF741246.jpeg 87ADCB41-2700-4CF6-A29A-EE96AD999822.jpeg

Last edited:

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So my Berricle ring came - it is so pretty! It will be fun to wear sometimes. I do think I already wish I had a “real” emerald cut, though, which might be a bad thing. :bigsmile:

Bands fit under this nicely and it’s relatively low set. Looks just fine with a white gold diamond eternity and a platinum embossed band.

I’m a 4 but have been buying some 4.5s to make more humid days more comfortable. This is a 4.5 and I love the 7x5 size on me. 4CF095AC-B023-49FF-B78B-E5C3DF741246.jpeg 87ADCB41-2700-4CF6-A29A-EE96AD999822.jpeg

Oh, that looks really lovely on you! And don't you just love the way they structured the setting? So low-set and yet lifted to allow bands to sit flush at the same time. If I decide to make a "real" 3-stone, I want to use the way they structured this as a model. :dance:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am joining in the fun, taking advantage of their 40% off promotion, and have just ordering a bubble tennis bracelet and a DBTY style bracelet, both Rhodium plated 7.5in in length.

A lot less than the Moissy bracelet that I had in mind.

I shall post pics when I have them.

DK :))

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing the photos, the ring looks gorgeous and I love the size on you, perfect!

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! @OboeGal - I agree that it’s pretty much perfect. I may have spent most of last night looking for something similar in the real thing. This would be a great model for a “real one” and I’ve already thought about that and searched for stones, just for fun.Yikes!

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! @OboeGal - I agree that it’s pretty much perfect. I may have spent most of last night looking for something similar in the real thing. This would be a great model for a “real one” and I’ve already thought about that and searched for stones, just for fun.Yikes!

Yup - I've done the same! :lol-2:

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I just ordered the gold plated 16 inch (plus extender) dbty necklace. I have been thinking about getting a dbty necklace and this is very close to what I want! It is 1.21 ctw and it is listed as retired on the website, so I am glad I snapped it up now!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Berricle bracelets have arrived today, and they are gorgeous!

20200214_094229.jpg

Highly recommended.

DK :kiss2:

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

20200214_094229.jpg
Thanks for sharing photos, they both look amazing!
I’m going to wait for their next big sale and treat myself.
They both look well made and very substantial.
DK :kiss2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are well-made and came with nice packaging.

Considering how much I paid for them, they are still bargains even with the import duty and custom charges added on top (I am in UK).

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My good lady wore the asscher pendant and the matching earrings this weekend while we were out for a (rare) dinner out - they looked amazing!

They seem to have a lot of 'life' and a lot of fire - totally different to the dead and lifeless CZ earrings she's had for years.

I highly recommend them, especially for what works out as a very reasonable price, even after import costs!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, some more feedback!

My good lady wore the small (for PS, lol) round earrings the other day when we were at an occasion - her CBI was throwing its usual amounts of fire and sparkle :tongue: but the Berricle earrings were producing somewhat more white-light return than coloured fire.

They were bright and had good contrast patterns at a range of angles, though, so they were performing well - albeit more '60/60 style', if my understanding of what 60/60 style looks like! :D

Could it have been the difference in orientation meaning less light entering the table from around my head, and therefore less dispersion taking place? Maybe...

Either way, and overall, a 'Recommend' from me for the round earrings - perhaps not as 'diamond-like' as the Asscher cuts (weirdly! although I've seen very few diamond asschers in real life so may be mistaken...) but still excellent at being bright, sparkly, very reasonably-priced earrings :)

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

20200214_094229.jpg
Hi @dk168
I’ve been waiting for another Berricle sale so I could buy the bubble bracelet. Although I have a diamond tennis bracelet, I’m always cautious of losing it or damaging it. I’m looking forward to wearing the cz one to the gym or exercising and eventually when we can travel again as a travel bracelet :love:.
I might have also ordered another ring, the emerald cut with side stones :lol:

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just in case anyone else is interested use JOY30 for full priced purchases or JOY40 for full priced purchases over $100.
Ends tomorrow.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just in case anyone else is interested use JOY30 for full priced purchases or JOY40 for full priced purchases over $100.
Ends tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads up. I had a look and did not find anything that I really want.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would have bought a Zodiac pendant, however, I am not keen on the fixed chain.

There is another pendant that I liked, however, it comes with a chain that I don't really need.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My Berricle order finally arrived, it took well over a month but worth the wait.
I’m absolutely in love with with the emerald ring with baguettes. The size of the emerald is perfect for me, I’m wearing the size 4.5. This is my second step cut cz, I also have the Asscher pendant and I’m so impressed! The bezel bracelet is well made and the cz’s super sparkly. I have a diamond tennis bracelet but I wanted a bracelet I didn’t have to baby as I’m often at the gym, gardening or out and about with my young kids.
Sharing a few photos because I’m so happy with my purchases.
D2AB1B99-6B5F-4C1C-89F7-91AF38EAFE44.jpeg E5CE428F-713F-45AF-830E-57740CEB2AE2.jpeg E728B404-BD53-484B-860C-D82432DBC504.jpeg 1CE615B5-BFD5-4875-8F06-8005B0942F60.jpeg 85E3EE51-2869-4E6B-8289-33431B344226.jpeg

ponyrider

Rough_Rock
After reading this thread, I just ordered the 1 ct emerald cut with the side stones and matching plain band. For some reason I have been off yellow gold and my two diamond rings are both yellow gold. I was wanting something a bit more modern and simple as well as lower profile so I am hoping I like it. I dont have a lot of fashion/costume jewelery so we will see if I like it :) I appreciate all the pictures people have posted. If this one works for me I might try either a simple ascher or radiant.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results