shape
carat
color
clarity

Ben Moses NYC diamond district. what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ariana

Rough_Rock
Hi, my gf and I went to the diamond district in NYC last weekend and we wandered into Ben Moses Jewelry. It''s a 2 carat round diamond in a halo setting. She has a 5 ring size finger. We were wondering if it looks big enough. She wants a big diamond with finger coverage but the other diamond that was also great and big was out of our price range. Does it look ok? Any suggestions on bigger diamonds in the price range of $15,000 for the entire ring?

ben moses.jpg

Ariana

Rough_Rock
another

ben moses 3.jpg

Ariana

Rough_Rock
with future wedding band

with band.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure if that is big enough. You may want to add on another two carats!!!
3.gif

Seriously, the stone/ring is GORGEOUS and look *wonderful*!!!

singer

Brilliant_Rock
Does it look BIG ENOUGH? Okay, that was funny. I have a size 7 finger and my diamond is .60 carats (with no halo) and I think IT looks big enough. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. A 2-carat diamond is obviously big (MOST people in this country...and on this website...don't have anything over ONE carat), so I don't know why you would ask such a question...sorry if I sound rude.

PrincessPeach

Rough_Rock
Ariana, that is certainly a beautiful ring!!! If two carats isn''t big enough, I don''t know what is! (I have a .75 ct solitaire, so...to me 2 cts is enormous!)...You really should ask your gf the question, if the ring is big enough for her. I guess people have different standards of what ''big enough'' is.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Looks great on her finger. Looks plenty big to me. What does she think?

Ariana

Rough_Rock
It''s hard to tell right now-she has changed her mind a few times. She first wanted a princess then a pear, oval, cushion, now a round. I personally like the round diamond, classic.
Does anyone have pictures of a 2 carat round halo on a size 5 ring finger? If so, please post. Thanks.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
that thing is a boulder.... need I say anymore?
31.gif
30.gif
33.gif

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
It''s big enough, just think, never have to upgrade with that rock, love it, it''s incredible
30.gif
35.gif

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock
i''m with the others who think that what matters is what she thinks. it''s only too small if she thinks it''s too small. if she wants to go bigger and it''s within your budget....then go for it!! like everything to do with jewellery, everything is subject to ones taste. for example, i think that a thinner band would make her rock look even bigger and flatter her finger more...but that''s just me
26.gif

happy hunting...exciting times, exciting times!!!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Looks like alot of bling and finger coverage
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Ariana

Rough_Rock
This was another one that she tried on. She didn''t like the setting, I think she wants a little more metal for the halo.

Do you guys like the thicker or thinner band?

100_0503.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
No contest - definitely like the thinner band. The larger band, especially when you stack the equally wide wedding band next to it, makes her fingers look
fat. Sorry to be blunt. It's just my opinion, anyway - I'd go with what your girlfriend likes best.

ETA: just looked at the two settings again, and the diamond really stands out more in the thinner setting. It gets lost in the first setting, and doesn't look as much like 2 carats. In the second setting, you REALLY notice that gorgeous stone!!

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
Um yeah... all those rings have HUGE stones and good finger coverage. Bigger than that would just look comical on such a small finger.
I like the thinner band because it makes the diamond look bigger
31.gif

Lula

Ideal_Rock
I agree with cellentani; the wider band with the wide wedding ring makes her fingers looks short and thick. The halo with the thinner band looks much prettier on her hand. I think a square shaped halo instead of a round halo (like beau's ring on PS - see link below) would be more flattering.

The overly thick ring and round halo make the ring look more like a cocktail ring than an engagement ring. I really think if you want finger coverage, go for the largest stone you can afford and go with a thinner, more elegant setting. That would make the diamond pop and look lovely on her small hand.

beau's ring

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/11/2009 3:52:31 PM
Author: sarap333
I agree with cellentani; the wider band with the wide wedding ring makes her fingers looks short and thick. The halo with the thinner band looks much prettier on her hand. I think a square shaped halo instead of a round halo (like beau''s ring on PS - see link below) would be more flattering.

The overly thick ring and round halo make the ring look more like a cocktail ring than an engagement ring. I really think if you want finger coverage, go for the largest stone you can afford and go with a thinner, more elegant setting. That would make the diamond pop and look lovely on her small hand.

beau''s ring
Ditto - the first one isn''t ''my cup of tea'' but to each his own...

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/10/2009 10:55:36 PM
Author: Ariana
It''s hard to tell right now-she has changed her mind a few times. She first wanted a princess then a pear, oval, cushion, now a round. I personally like the round diamond, classic.

Does anyone have pictures of a 2 carat round halo on a size 5 ring finger? If so, please post. Thanks.

Isn''t THAT a 2 ct halo on a size 5 finger????
Is it BIG enough? How BIG does she want????
23.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/11/2009 1:07:13 PM
Author: cellentani
No contest - definitely like the thinner band. The larger band, especially when you stack the equally wide wedding band next to it, makes her fingers look
fat. Sorry to be blunt. It''s just my opinion, anyway - I''d go with what your girlfriend likes best.

ETA: just looked at the two settings again, and the diamond really stands out more in the thinner setting. It gets lost in the first setting, and doesn''t look as much like 2 carats. In the second setting, you REALLY notice that gorgeous stone!!
lol... cellentani! But I agree with you!

Ariana

Rough_Rock
Yeah she was looking at a round in a square but the places we looked at with good diamonds said they couldn''t do it. What do you guys think about the pearlman''s design? Would it be too thick? I like the ones below- anyone no who makes them or where to get something like it?

94PP18.jpg

Ariana

Rough_Rock
another pearlman

pearlman.jpg

Ariana

Rough_Rock
She tried this one at MM dynasty at the DD in NYC. The loose stone was just placed in so you can still see the spaces.

mmdynasty.jpg

Ariana

Rough_Rock
I showed Ariana, the gf a picture of Art Nouveau''s ring- the beaudry setting. She loves the "mount" and she agreed when I said the band was too thick. Does anyone know if Pearlman does custom made items? I believe I''m told that beaudry is pretty expensive so I was looking at pearlman''s instead.

art nouveau.jpg

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
I love a RB in a cushiony halo! I tried one one at Good Old Gold in a Richard landi setting and it was TDF, it was very delicate and it had a rather large CZ in it and IMO it did not look over the top it was beautiful. If you are in NY you can hop on the LIRR and check it out the price was very reasonable and Jonathan has some beautyiful stones too!

Ariana

Rough_Rock
I no, I''m starting to love the cushion setting. I''m actually back in MA and just e-mailed Whiteflash on diamonds and custom made designs. I''ve heard nothing but great things from GOG but i only found one ok diamond on their online inventory. Is that setting you mention on their website?

Ariana

Rough_Rock
So I have a few options:

1. Round diamond in a round halo
2. Round diamond in a cushion like halo
or
3. Round diamond in an octo halo like this one.

Question- which one would make the stone appear bigger: a round halo or square??

octo.jpg

Ariana

Rough_Rock
or this

new square.jpg

Ariana

Rough_Rock
or this?

Thanks for the richard landi setting- it''s great!

round halo.jpg

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
I love round diamonds in sqaure/cushion type halos! The second one you posted is beautiful!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results