shape
carat
color
clarity

Before And After Shots Of My Ering

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been shuffling different bands around with my three stone, and anything with bling totally takes away from the JM look. If I do decide to get a band for mine, I''m going to Jim and have him do a thin matching band with the same wraps as my diamond ring.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Lovely!

cheers--Sharon

tlh

Ideal_Rock
love the reset!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
just lovely!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Your reset looks fantastic! I think the plain band looks wonderful, personally! I like Upgradable''s idea to have JM make a band with matching wraps too.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I just got a quote from Jim this morning for a band, and I can''t believe how inexpensive a custom piece can be!!

Aida1010

Shiny_Rock
your reset is gorgeous. i like the simplicity of your wedding band with your new setting. since it''s a bezel set, prong or pave set diamonds would distract from your setting, i think. i have seen some neat looking diamond bezel set wedding bands, but i think what you have going on looks just beautiful.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Your before set was very classic, and your new set is so wonderfully delicate and beautiful!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AMAZING! Your diamond even LOOKS bigger! Congratulations!

angeline_g

Rough_Rock
that is the most beautiful bezel i have ever seen!! it is so classic and timeless. how exciting!!!!

blondie

Shiny_Rock
I think it''s absolutely gorgeous, one of my favourites here on PS. My ER was set in a Tiffany-esque (!) 6 prong setting before I had it re-set into the semi-bezel, I find it so much more comfortable to wear and would say that, as with yours, the bezel definitely makes it appear bigger than it really is (which is never a bad thing
31.gif
!!)

I wear my semi-bezel with a 3mm etoile-esque band (ie custom made band in the Tiffany etoile style, but not as thick) and I think it complements my ring well, but then my design is modern, whereas i would say yours is more traditional, however why not try pairing it with a bezel set band with diamonds, if you fancy something a bit more blingy? I think it could work, although sometimes a plain band is just the best choice, especially with such a beautiful, intricate design like yours. Just IMHO of course!
28.gif

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/14/2009 4:01:29 PM
Author: geckodani
Your reset looks fantastic! I think the plain band looks wonderful, personally! I like Upgradable''s idea to have JM make a band with matching wraps too.

Thank you! I am leaning toward keeping my set the way it is.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simply beautiful. An heirloom is born!

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/14/2009 4:39:04 PM
Author: Aida1010
your reset is gorgeous. i like the simplicity of your wedding band with your new setting. since it''s a bezel set, prong or pave set diamonds would distract from your setting, i think. i have seen some neat looking diamond bezel set wedding bands, but i think what you have going on looks just beautiful.

Thanks Aida. I think that I am way too sentimental to wear something other than my original wedding band. I also think that I shouldn''t mess with something that already looks really good.

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/15/2009 5:11:54 AM
Author: angeline_g
that is the most beautiful bezel i have ever seen!! it is so classic and timeless. how exciting!!!!
You are so sweet!

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/15/2009 7:55:14 AM
Author: blondie
I think it''s absolutely gorgeous, one of my favourites here on PS. My ER was set in a Tiffany-esque (!) 6 prong setting before I had it re-set into the semi-bezel, I find it so much more comfortable to wear and would say that, as with yours, the bezel definitely makes it appear bigger than it really is (which is never a bad thing
31.gif
!!)

I wear my semi-bezel with a 3mm etoile-esque band (ie custom made band in the Tiffany etoile style, but not as thick) and I think it complements my ring well, but then my design is modern, whereas i would say yours is more traditional, however why not try pairing it with a bezel set band with diamonds, if you fancy something a bit more blingy? I think it could work, although sometimes a plain band is just the best choice, especially with such a beautiful, intricate design like yours. Just IMHO of course!
28.gif

Thanks blondie, I am grateful for the alternate ideas.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Matching wraps would bug me ... because they'd never line up quite right unless the set was soldered. GAH! It annoys me to even think of it. Must have a wee case of OCD.

Anyway -- I adore your set as is. If you consider a tiny bit of bling I'd get a very thin eternity band with metal on either side, modified channel set. Lemmie see if I can find a pix. Something like this. . It would add a shimmer beside your stone without detracting from the simple elegance of the JM.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the reset BTW. Could hardly believe my eyes! Are you SURE he didn't upgrade/upsize your stone secretly?

ETA: The one I posted was engraved --- here is a plain one

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/15/2009 11:41:27 AM
Author: decodelighted
Matching wraps would bug me ... because they''d never line up quite right unless the set was soldered. GAH! It annoys me to even think of it. Must have a wee case of OCD.

Anyway -- I adore your set as is. If you consider a tiny bit of bling I''d get a very thin eternity band with metal on either side, modified channel set. Lemmie see if I can find a pix. Something like this. . It would add a shimmer beside your stone without detracting from the simple elegance of the JM.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the reset BTW. Could hardly believe my eyes! Are you SURE he didn''t upgrade/upsize your stone secretly?

ETA: The one I posted was engraved --- here is a plain one

I have a little OCD myself, wraps have never been my cup of tea. Until I saw the paperwork I wondered if it was the same diamond myself. A serious make-over if I do say so myself!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
it''s incredible. you may have just converted me to love bezels!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Breathtaking re-set!

I love James Meyer''s work it''s so timeless and elegant!

(and dare I say a bit steampunk )

Wow!

HD

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
absolutely gorgeous!!!
30.gif

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/15/2009 1:14:46 PM
Author: charbie
it''s incredible. you may have just converted me to love bezels!

I am glad to meet another convert. I am obsessed with them now!

trishy

Shiny_Rock
that is my absolute favorite bezel setting i have ever seen.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
just gorgeous, holding on to that blingy diamond.
36.gif
36.gif

very well done

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/16/2009 1:03:38 AM
Author: trishy
that is my absolute favorite bezel setting i have ever seen.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
just gorgeous, holding on to that blingy diamond.
36.gif
36.gif

very well done

Thanks so much. I was really distracted in church today by all the sparkle coming from my "new" stone.

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/14/2009 4:16:34 PM
Author: Upgradable
I just got a quote from Jim this morning for a band, and I can''t believe how inexpensive a custom piece can be!!
What kind of band are you getting?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know if I''ll get one, but it was a 2.5mm unplated white gold with 5 of the rose gold wraps. I don''t do "matchy-matchy" so I wanted 5 wraps so I could guarantee that they''d NEVER line up. Weird?

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/17/2009 8:01:01 PM
Author: Upgradable
I don''t know if I''ll get one, but it was a 2.5mm unplated white gold with 5 of the rose gold wraps. I don''t do ''matchy-matchy'' so I wanted 5 wraps so I could guarantee that they''d NEVER line up. Weird?
cool

amyjokerette

Shiny_Rock
I love the new setting from all angles!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a difference a reset makes! It''s gorgeous!!! I absolutely love the JM setting you chose!

fire_works

Rough_Rock
I don''t think you could have done better if you tried--absolute perfection!
30.gif

You and hubby sure make a great team--very thoughful gesture on his part...congratulations on reaching the 10 year milestone (so to speak)!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results