shape
carat
color
clarity

Been holding out...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Because there were just too many people in both of our lives that loved nothing more than to track posts and create drama, we''ve pretty much laid low since the new year.

My ex-husband and I are indeed back together, and we''ll be getting married soon. I don''t want to post dates, etc., for fear of...well, we just would prefer to keep things quiet until after they''ve happened.

The ring: 1.03 carat total weight wide scroll band. I wanted something I could comfortably wear all the time. I''ll post more details after we are remarried, but in the meanwhile, here''s the ring...

b702a.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
WE, congrats! Your head must be spinning, so many changes! I''m very happy for you and wish you all the happiness in the world. Are your kids excited?

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
Wow what news!

Love the ring. My mum chose something similar when she recently married my stepfather after 25 years of "living in sin" hee hee. Your kids must be excited! I sure was when my parents got married (my stepfather has been in my life since I was about 7 years old).

Best wishes to you both!

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Love the ring - congratulations Winks!

FutureMrsMRS

Rough_Rock
First, congratulations!!!

Second, I''m sorry that there are people that can''t simply be happy FOR you, despite what they *think* is going on.

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
Best wishes, Melissa. That's a very pretty ring.
1.gif

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thank you. The kids are THRILLED beyond belief. I just realized...I won''t have to worry about changing my name, SS, etc. because I never dropped my married last name!
9.gif

The girls are wearing the same dresses they wore for Easter, and I''m wearing a gorgeous Calvin Klein evening gown with a slight fishtail train and lace bolero. Not a wedding dress, but very pretty and I''ll be able to wear it again. I bought it a few years back, never wore it. It''s a mocha color silk charmuse. It will be a very intimate affair, with snacks and cake back at the house afterwards.

DuckLovingVegan

Shiny_Rock
Oh congrats! It''s great to hear that your happy and so are the kids. I love the details on your ring.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Winks - Im glad to hear that you are happy about this decision..
gorgeous ring! :)

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Wink! And your ring is beautiful.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, WE!!! I''m so happy for you and the kids
36.gif
36.gif

Please post pictures of your lovely dress.
35.gif

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! I''m so happy for you!
36.gif
36.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Three engagements in a single year! Are you going for some kind of PS record here? Because I''m pretty sure YOU WIN!
2.gif
9.gif
I guess when you know, you know ... your kids must be over the moon to have you guys back together again.

Have you given any thought to what went wrong *last* time and how to prevent it from coming between you again? Obviously there''s a lot of love still there. We can all use more tools to keep that love a ''bloomin.

Congrats!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Congrats to you, i''m glad things are working out!
36.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
P.s. -- Maybe you should write a book!!! There are a lot of single gals out there trying to figure out how to get ONE guy to propose. You MUST have some Secret Sauce to share!!
4.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2010 12:12:00 AM
Author: decodelighted
P.s. -- Maybe you should write a book!!! There are a lot of single gals out there trying to figure out how to get ONE guy to propose. You MUST have some Secret Sauce to share!!
4.gif
'He Really *IS* That Into You'....

Congrats WE..! I don't know your history but the ring is lovely!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, Winks Elf! Your ring is lovely. Best wishes to you--I hope you are happy together (again) for many, many years.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! What great news!! And your ring is beautiful!
36.gif
36.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations to you and your family!!
Beautiful ring and your dress sounds lovely!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Wink! I hope everything works out for you guys! I''m sure the kids are thrilled!!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
congrats wink! The ring is lovely, and i am very happy for you and your family!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!!!!!!!!
36.gif

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
congrats! the ring is gorgeous! I''m happy if you''re happy (I don''t know the history)!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/6/2010 11:51:53 PM
Three engagements in a single year! Are you going for some kind of PS record here? Because I''m pretty sure YOU WIN!
2.gif
9.gif
I guess when you know, you know ... your kids must be over the moon to have you guys back together again.

Have you given any thought to what went wrong *last* time and how to prevent it from coming between you again? Obviously there''s a lot of love still there. We can all use more tools to keep that love a ''bloomin.

Congrats!

Lol...too funny, and yes they are over the moon.

We both know exactly what went wrong, and we are taking steps to prevent that from happening again. I don''t want to discuss it openly but I can tell you that my other half is doing some serious hard work to change things, including taking a month off from work and going through medical programs. It''s not easy, but this is what we need to do for ourselves and our family. While the past few years might have been hell, there is a silver lining to that nasty black cloud that had been raining crap down on both of us.

24 years is an awful long time to be in love with someone to just give up on them. I guess I never really did. Secretly, I had always hoped that he would come to his senses. Like I told "her"...he''s like a homing pigeon. He always comes back, even if it takes him a little bit to get it together. This isn''t a "happy ending" or even a "new beginning" for our family. It is simply a continuation of us. We will not be recognizing a new anniversary date, or celebrating it in the years to come. He actually brought that up, not me. We will be celebrating our original wedding date. Fine by me...we''ll be hitting the tenth anniversary in two years...great excuse for new bling!
9.gif

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/7/2010 11:41:02 AM
Author: Winks_Elf

Date: 4/6/2010 11:51:53 PM
2.gif
9.gif

Congrats!

Lol...too funny, and yes they are over the moon.

We both know exactly what went wrong, and we are taking steps to prevent that from happening again. I don''t want to discuss it openly but I can tell you that my other half is doing some serious hard work to change things, including taking a month off from work and going through medical programs. It''s not easy, but this is what we need to do for ourselves and our family. While the past few years might have been hell, there is a silver lining to that nasty black cloud that had been raining crap down on both of us.

24 years is an awful long time to be in love with someone to just give up on them. I guess I never really did. Secretly, I had always hoped that he would come to his senses. Like I told ''her''...he''s like a homing pigeon. He always comes back, even if it takes him a little bit to get it together. This isn''t a ''happy ending'' or even a ''new beginning'' for our family. It is simply a continuation of us. We will not be recognizing a new anniversary date, or celebrating it in the years to come. He actually brought that up, not me. We will be celebrating our original wedding date. Fine by me...we''ll be hitting the tenth anniversary in two years...great excuse for new bling!
9.gif
Congratulations!

Your ring is beautiful. I think your 10 year anniversary will be a great time for some extra special bling in celebration of your commitment to each other.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Congrats. I''m glad you''re finally happy (and your kids are too).

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock

Wow - congratulations! You guys must be ecstatic!

Your ring is SPECATCULAR!!!!
Love it love it love it!

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
gosh, i would kill to find out your history, it seems fascinating!!

congrats
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
From the things I''ve read here on PS you and your ex have a very negative history. I sincerely hope that you and your entire family consider therapy on an ongoing basis or you''re really just perpetuating your pattern with this most recent decision, Wink''s Elf. There are reasons people like to "track posts" and "create drama" and there are reasons that you don''t feel comfortable bringing your decision to light until you''ve already done the deed. I think more soul-searching is in order here, I''m sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results