shape
carat
color
clarity

Been a long time, I'm back with a reset question!

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, how I've missed this forum, been way too long. I've spent the last two days lurking and perusing the Show Me The Bling thread for the first time in years, swoon :love:

My ering is 10 years old this year, I turned 40, and now I'm seriously considering having the diamond reset as my gift from my husband, and kiddos :bigsmile: My question is, the platinum which was used to make the original setting (MM), can this be reused/recycled somehow into the new setting? My husband is being very sentimental (myself somewhat too). Not sure the process, or if this is even possible. Any ideas, thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Kim :waves:

ETA: Cracking up at my icon, may be time to change this.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome back!! I love your icon! :lol: Very cute!!!

How about putting a colored stone in your original setting?

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
KBerly, I recently went through something similar (although I wasn't looking to re-set, my original setting simply broke). I reached out to a few vendors to make a custom setting--two could not recycle the platinum and one could. I thought I wanted to recycle it because I'm very sentimental about my original setting, but in the end I did what Pinto Bean mentioned: I just fixed the original setting and am having a different stone set into it.

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, both! I'm in contact with a few vendors. One so far cannot recycle the platinum, so I'm entertaining the idea of placing a different stone in my original setting, but this would be later down the road. Waiting to hear back from another, and time to email more!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
if it helps, David Klass was the vendor who would recycle my platinum for me. Good luck!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results