shape
carat
color
clarity

BE wait time?

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone!

My ring reset is finally underway! I couldn't be more excited! We decided to go with Mark at BE as we had such a wonderful experience with him 6 years ago when my fiancé purchased my stone and setting through him. This setting (as some of you may know) has been underway for about 2 years. We finally decided to move forward in order to commemorate our 5 year anniversary. Anyway, my question is this... What was your experience with turn around time? My husband said Mark was super responsive and turnaround time was about 2 weeks. He has had my stone for a week now and I haven't received my CADs? Which surprises me, as we had already been discussing specifics about the setting were discussed weeks prior to that? I know he is super busy, and don't expect 2 weeks for this project, but was curious what I should expect? Response time seems to be much, much slower than I remember. In speaking with him, it looks like I should receive my first round of CADs by Wednesday or Thursday? Just wanted to get an idea of how long it takes after CADs are finally underway. Mark is lovely to work with, just curious what your personal experience was- TIA :wavey:

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Just asked Mods to move to RT, I just realized I accidentally posted in SMTB...

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
I think the wait time varies depending on the workload and time of year. My last rings from BE took about 2 weeks from CAD approval to actually receiving them from FedEx. These were done in May/June of this year. I believe my ring done by them in April 2014 was more like 3 weeks after CAD approval. I worked with Chris both times. I would call Mark to clarify expectations if you have concerns.

Good luck with the reset and I look forward to seeing pictures!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Tweeter- thank you so much for taking the time to post- and I will be back with CAD pics when I receive them!

hoover

Shiny_Rock
I agree with Tweeter that it depends on workload, and if there are holidays or if the setting is intricate, it can take longer. I got a plain, split shank ring from them about 2 years ago (Zoe split shank setting) and that took about 3 weeks. This year I had them reset my e-ring, which is much more labour intensive (two tone twist pink/white diamond pave and 8 prong basket) and it took about 8 weeks for two CADs and one wax cast to completion. Granted, this was in April - June, when they had some issues, but I'm happy with the reset as the quality of their work is fantastic. I worked with Chris both times and he was very responsive and pleasant to deal with.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much Hoover! Do you have a pic of your reset? My current set is an3 stone and this is a much more intricate halo design- so it will likely take longer than 3 weeks. What a bummer! I would rather they take their time to do it right though!

hoover

Shiny_Rock
Hi TruLuv858,

Here's a few pics of my BE rings - sorry they're phone pics.

_5438.jpeg

_5439.jpeg

_5440.jpeg

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
hoover|1472072354|4069639 said:
Hi TruLuv858,

Here's a few pics of my BE rings - sorry they're phone pics.

Hoover- I don't know how I missed this- your rings are beautiful!!!! Love Pink diamonds!!!

royalstarrynight

Shiny_Rock
I'm learning that once you get everything into place the CAD's come back within a day. :)

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
royalstarrynight|1472597313|4071609 said:
I'm learning that once you get everything into place the CAD's come back within a day. :)

Response time has been hot and cold for me. I really like Mark, but email is sometimes hit or miss. It appears my ring should be ready by the end of the week of the 15th- we started with CAD drawings but the ring is going to his hand forged bench, so it will take a bit longer. I am literally on pins and needles, and am totally obsessing!

How is your project coming along? Did he provide you with a new CAD for your trellis ring?! Have you worked with them before?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results