shape
carat
color
clarity

BB Stones Arrived Today - Pink Tourmaline & Amethyst Pair

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
YUMMY!!! I love that tourmaline - gosh I love Barry''s supernovas!

Cellentani, I think you mentioned a long time ago that my gem collection was ahead of yours - well I bow down to you now! I love your collection!!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 6:28:47 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Wow, they look exactly like Barry''s photos. Lovely!!
My thoughts exactly! I love them especially the tourmaline.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 8:51:45 PM
Author: movie zombie
i really like the orange glints to the tourmaline....but then i''m orange prejudiced.

mz
Thanks mz - I''m partial to orange too!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
The tourmaline is gorgeous! I like the amethysts too. Another vote for white gold for the tourmaline. (you take great photos by the way)

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
The amethysts are lovely. I''d keep them if I were you! I prefer a more medium purple to a dark purple, and those are spot on and well cut.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 9:00:51 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
YUMMY!!! I love that tourmaline - gosh I love Barry''s supernovas!

Cellentani, I think you mentioned a long time ago that my gem collection was ahead of yours - well I bow down to you now! I love your collection!!
Hi BEG - no way is my collection better than yours, but thank you for your sweet comments! Haven''t seen you too much - hope you''re doing well!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 6:46:34 PM
Author: cellentani
Sometimes it has the orange tones, so I wondered if YG would look better. But it doesn''t have the orange tones all the time.

What color gold do you think I should use??
I like this exact setting with it (um, where''d you get it?). And I like yellow gold with it.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the oval A LOT. The amethysts don''t do much for me though. I see the gray, and it would bug me.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I love all of them!

I would love to see the amethysts in rose gold. If they''re going to be earrings, I doubt anyone would ever see any gray in them, especially after setting them. If you don''t love them, then its worth putting them on diamondbistro to at least see if you get any good offers. (Personally though, I think they''re beautiful!)

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
cellentani, I Love your new pink tourmaline! you captured the stone nicely
36.gif

I can''t wait to see you how set it!

I''m partial to white gold.
I''m curious ab the rose gold, but you might be right that it might compete with the stone.
did you consider which way you would like it set?--- east west?

I''m so glad you got this tourmaline! (it''s the only one I was drawn too when i saw it on Barry''s site--- but I didn''t have the funds at the time
3.gif
.)

I know it will have a perfect home amongst your collection of pretties! I Love that cut!
30.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 11:53:07 PM
Author: Gypsy

Date: 7/6/2009 6:46:34 PM
Sometimes it has the orange tones, so I wondered if YG would look better. But it doesn''t have the orange tones all the time.

What color gold do you think I should use??
I like this exact setting with it (um, where''d you get it?). And I like yellow gold with it.
Gypsy, if you knew what that YG ring really looked like, you wouldn''t like it. It''s cheap, thin, and looks like I got it out of a gumball machine. It used to hold an oval amethyst, and it was DH''s first Christmas gift to me. Wait, did I just sound ungrateful? I didn''t mean it that way - I liked it at the time (some 16 and a half years ago), but you know, my tastes have "matured."

I hear you about the amethysts - I''m gonna take a day or two to decide.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your really nice comments, Cind! Your spessartite ring is unbelievable, and one of the nicest ones I''ve seen. And your pics are much better!!

Thank you, Fly Girl! I like my amethysts not too dark also, so we''ll see what happens. Any word on your briolette necklace?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 12:03:25 AM
Author: szh07
I love all of them!
I would love to see the amethysts in rose gold. If they''re going to be earrings, I doubt anyone would ever see any gray in them, especially after setting them. If you don''t love them, then its worth putting them on diamondbistro to at least see if you get any good offers. (Personally though, I think they''re beautiful!)
I am now a big fan of amethyst and rose gold, and I hope to have that combo someday. I wish I had an empty RG setting I could put these in, just to see if this particular color would look good.

And what is diamondbistro? I''m off to look that up...

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 12:49:01 AM
Thanks for your really nice comments, Cind! Your spessartite ring is unbelievable, and one of the nicest ones I''ve seen. And your pics are much better!!

Thank you, Fly Girl! I like my amethysts not too dark also, so we''ll see what happens. Any word on your briolette necklace?
Nothing yet. Of course, I''ll be sure to let my PS friends know when I have an update. I know you are waiting too.
2.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 12:26:36 AM
Author: blinkydoll
cellentani, I Love your new pink tourmaline! you captured the stone nicely
36.gif

I can''t wait to see you how set it!

I''m partial to white gold.
I''m curious ab the rose gold, but you might be right that it might compete with the stone.
did you consider which way you would like it set?--- east west?

I''m so glad you got this tourmaline! (it''s the only one I was drawn too when i saw it on Barry''s site--- but I didn''t have the funds at the time
3.gif
.)

I know it will have a perfect home amongst your collection of pretties! I Love that cut!
30.gif
Hey blinky - thanks!! I think I just bought a setting - it''s very simple, which is unusual for me because I like to throw everything in a halo. It will be a rose gold basket-type setting with a white gold shank. If I end up hating it, I have a colorless topaz I can put in there. And I think I''ll set it north/south - it''s more slimming on my chunky fingers!

Good to see you!
35.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your Malaya and amethysts look so true to Barry’s pictures. They are beautiful and keepers in my book. Have you decided if you are keeping the amethysts? I think supernovas are cut deeper; it’s just that way for the added facets but on the plus side, NO bowties!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I like all 3 stones :) I think that I like the pink tourmaline in YG or RG and the amethyst would look fabulous in RG too!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely! I think you should keep the amethyst pair! They are so nice. And that oval is yummy!

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 8:36:21 PM
Thanks Chamois - WG vote duly noted!

giraffecushion - I will let you know about the amethysts - Barry just sent me a pic of another pair, so I''ve got some deciding to do!

simplysplendid and LtlFirecracker - thanks for your nice comments! You both voted for rose gold (at least as an option) - you don''t think that would compete too much with the pink color of the tourmaline?

Porridge - I love the idea of a delicate sparkly halo!
Hi Cellentani, not at all! I think the rose gold will complement the pink, afterall, the pinkish tone on the rose gold is a lot more subtle than the strong pink of the tourmaline, so I think it will go very nicely. I am considering getting a rose gold setting for a dark pink garnet myself.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
My suggestion for the wonderful tourmaline is a yellow gold setting with some white diamond melee. I think that would give some sort of a two-tone effect which would work great with this color shifter. I''d also choose yellow gold because both of it''s "faces" are warm colors, and if you''d choose rose gold that could diminish it''s orange cast which you seem to like a lot. Normally I suggest white metals for color shift/change stones, but this is not a lightly toned one and the white metal could also make it''s orange a bit more brown. But do whatever feels right, and what you think you''ll wear the most
2.gif

As for amethysts, don''t get me wrong but they don''t do it for me (I''m not trying to make you feel bad or something). To me they look a bit one-dimensional and, unlike the tourmaline, lack the real depth of color (array of shades sparkling from within). Maybe I''m wrong but, unless you really love them, that money might be better spent on something that you will.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love the tourmaline! This was also my favorite from this month drop, I was very tempted but I had JUST bought a pink tourmaline of my own so I decided to be good
5.gif
I''m so happy you got it and thanks for great pictures. Can''t wait to see how you end up setting it!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Chrono - I''m still not sure about the amethysts. I''ve been carrying around my new stones in my bag, and I''ve been taking them out in various lighting conditions to see how they look - in my car, doctor''s office, elevator... And yes, I''m loving the absence of bowties!

Thanks for chiming in, stepcutnut! I definitely like amethysts in RG, and I''m leaning towards a 2-tone for the tourmaline.

Hi cinnamon - thanks for your input!
35.gif

Mr. ma re - no offense taken on the amethysts, and in fact, I sorta feel the same way. I thought Uruguayan amethysts would have some red or blue flashes (or is it Siberian?), but I''m not really seeing any. And you''re right, I could be spending the $$ on settings!

Hey Babyblue, thanks for your nice comments! I''d love to see your tourmaline - is it posted anywhere?

geoffreysnow

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 1:45:56 PM
Author: Babyblue033
I love the tourmaline! This was also my favorite from this month drop, I was very tempted but I had JUST bought a pink tourmaline of my own so I decided to be good
5.gif
I''m so happy you got it and thanks for great pictures. Can''t wait to see how you end up setting it!

Babyblue, did you get your large pink round brilliant from Barry yet? I''m curious to see how it looks IRL

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are some gorgeous stones, Cellantini! That pink is stunning!!!!!!

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yep I got mine but haven''t posted photos yet. It''s difficult to take good pictures when DH knows nothing about the stone in question (Shhhh, I''m trying to put some time inbetween my purchases, or at least make it APPEAR that way
11.gif
) I''ll try to sneak some pictures over the weekend.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 4:26:30 PM
Yep I got mine but haven''t posted photos yet. It''s difficult to take good pictures when DH knows nothing about the stone in question (Shhhh, I''m trying to put some time inbetween my purchases, or at least make it APPEAR that way
11.gif
Okay then, mum''s the word, Babyblue.
10.gif

You crack me up, lol!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooo, they are all so lovely!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/7/2009 4:26:30 PM
11.gif
lol... you sound like me on a couple of my gems purchase.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
UPDATE: I''ve decided to send the amethysts back.
7.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
OMG! Those are just stunning! It absolutely takes my breath away!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results