shape
carat
color
clarity

BB Malaya garnet in JKT setting

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought a Malaya garnet from Barry in March and recently sent it to JKT to be set in a ring. The stone is 2.36 c, 8.3 mm.

I asked Julia if she could pair it up with green side stones the color of moss. My two little boys and I spend a lot of time playing by a stream that runs through our backyard. I thought the garnet would look wonderful with side stones the color of the moss that grows along this stream; Julia suggested peridot and the effect was just what I was looking for! She did a lovely job and was an absolute doll to work with.

The ring is 18 c green gold, size 4.5.

Imported Photos 00142.JPG

Imported Photos 00138.JPG

Imported Photos 00122.JPG

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Flower pics.

Imported Photos 00086.JPG

Imported Photos 00080.JPG

Imported Photos 00079.JPG

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
More flower pics.

Imported Photos 00270.JPG

Imported Photos 00060.JPG

Imported Photos 00019.JPG

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hand shots.

Imported Photos 00291.JPG

Imported Photos 00210.JPG

Imported Photos 00196.JPG

Imported Photos 00176.JPG

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fern photos.

Imported Photos 00227.JPG

Imported Photos 00242.JPG

Imported Photos 00252.JPG

Imported Photos 00235.JPG

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
At home with the moss.

Imported Photos 00131.JPG

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
This made my night. What a fantastic (and kinda understated, actually) use of color, both gem and gold. So, like, mytical and otherwordly. I am seriously covetous.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you VelouriaL! That's a lovely compliment!

It's actually 1:00 Am here, and I put off going to bed in anticipation of how people might respond :appl:

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha ha well it's 5pm here and that just made my day! What a delightful ring - so beautiful! :appl: That shot on the flower with your hand shading it shows the most amazing facet pattern....

mousey

Shiny_Rock
Stunning ring :appl:

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Wowza! I am seriously coveting it as well! I have some smaller stones that I am considering setting this way.

Love the colors and the grace of her three stone rings. Nice!

Laura

mousey

Shiny_Rock
ps, I hope you an Arj (sorry, can never remember that name....) would not mind me taking inspiration from your rings. I LOVE them, and WANT one. I am thinking of having it as a grad present to myself (if I ever finish this hateful thing). They do say imitation is the highest form of flattery!?!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooooo thats LOVELY!!!! :love:

-A

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful photos BN, and the ring really suits your hand. :appl:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super design; I’m digging the unusual combo that PSers are coming up with these days and yours is no exception.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
That is seriously beautiful. I love the combination of stones, and I love the way it looks on your hand. I'm sure you're going to love wearing this!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HotPozzum said:
Ha ha well it's 5pm here and that just made my day! What a delightful ring - so beautiful! :appl: That shot on the flower with your hand shading it shows the most amazing facet pattern....

I feel the same way when I see somebody's completed project. Thank you HotPozzum!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mousey said:
Stunning ring :appl:

Thank you, mousey! I think it's a pretty amazing ring, too =)

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a unique and elegant design! The colors work so well together. Just beautiful!

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
So beautiful and then on your hand, it is just perfect, the proportions, the color of the stones and the gold. Have you taken it off yet except to photograph? :lol: I wouldn't.

I loved the pics you took, you live in a really pretty place (east coast?).

Congrats on an amazing projection completed!

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
That is just beautiful! I think it is my absolute favorite JKT piece. Perfect proportions and I love the color combination. It looks so light and delicate.... Congrats on your new wonderful piece.

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
I have come back to enjoy your beautiful photos several times. It is definitely one to enjoy for a very long time..ditto all the compliments on proportion and color, they came together so beautifully.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful photos, beautiful ring, and it looks beautiful on you! Did I say Beautiful? I love the way you have the ring balancing on top of the flower. Looks like a picture in a magazine!!

Nicki

Shiny_Rock
I adore that setting! Love the color combo, and JKT did a great job with the setting! Congrats on owning such a beauty!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
:love: So gorgeous! Looks wonderful on your hand!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's lovely. I love pink and green together!

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
I just love it and your photography is awesome!!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Largosmom said:
Wowza! I am seriously coveting it as well! I have some smaller stones that I am considering setting this way.

Love the colors and the grace of her three stone rings. Nice!

Laura

Thanks, Laura! I agree, you should get those smaller stones set by her. She really is a pleasure to work with and her attention to detail is amazing. I've seen bezels that are kind of funny looking but hers are perfect.

Is that your parrot in your avatar? He looks really sweet and intelligent!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mousey said:
ps, I hope you an Arj (sorry, can never remember that name....) would not mind me taking inspiration from your rings. I LOVE them, and WANT one. I am thinking of having it as a grad present to myself (if I ever finish this hateful thing). They do say imitation is the highest form of flattery!?!

Mousey, feel free to have a similar ring done! That sort of thing would never bother me and I can't imagine Arjunajane being annoyed.

Best of luck with your studies!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian said:
oooooo thats LOVELY!!!! :love:

-A

Thanks, Arcadian! I think so, too ;))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results