shape
carat
color
clarity

Barry's New Drop...Who Got What???

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
WOW...Barry has outdone himself! I'm on a tight budget or else I'd have some of those beauties in my cart...well, maybe!

Did you get one???

Lori

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I was able to add the mint garnet into my cart and pay for it. Keeping my fingers crossed that I got to it first!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I was able to get something paid for too. Still waiting for the confirmation or the bad news.

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely beautiful gems tonight!

I refrained, my budget is needed elsewhere too.
I cannot wait to see what everyone got though.
That Namibian tourmaline is TO-DIE-FOR!!! :love: :love: :love:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Barry just emailed to let me know i got the yellow tourmaline and the mahenge spinel. just barely missed out on the namibian tourmaline because i hesitated on the price.. i'm not supposed to buy anything this month! oh well, at least i got the spinel!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
that then means I lost the spinel

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
oh no, i'm sorry. :(

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Forte it will be lovely and I'm sure you will put it to better use than me.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Crap. That's a negative on the mint garnet. Oh well, I already have a mint garnet, but I was hoping for one with a more bluish secondary and one that's eye-clean like this one.

Does Barry determine who gets the stones based on when you put them in your cart or when payment clears? I put it into my cart right away but had a little computer hiccup with payment because I forgot my login info for Barry's site. I would hate for that to be the reason I lost out.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven't gotten any emails yet..

ETA: Nevermind, I got the mint garnet. Woot woot. No worries Jstar, you know how ADHD I am about gems, lol, I promise you dibs if I get bored of it.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I thought it was payment since the cart probably generates an order number when you start putting things in it and that wouldnt be fair because someone could just start a cart before the drop even begins, load in everything and just delete what wasnt their priority... then not check out until after someone else has paid but still have the lower order number. But I dont know, just pure conjecture

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
jstar, you should log in before hand so when the drop starts you can speed through checkout

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I didn't know there was a login. Last time I bought something from Barry, I did it as a guest account or something. I'm also at work.

ETA: I don't think they could start a cart before the drop begins, though...I think the spot in line should just be reserved as soon as the stone goes into your cart, so computer issues/typing in payment info/remembering how to log in doesn't screw things up. Now it could just be that someone got to it sooner than I did, but if I did indeed get to it first and just took a while to pay, I still think I should have gotten it. Oh well, I just get bitter about these things because I never get anything.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all. It is when the payment goes through. Well, that was my first "Barry drop" - it's kind of stressful!

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
I've just lucked out before, but I already have an existing account....
I don't often think about Barry's drop in time, by the time I do, someone
has already announced it and all the new items have been purchased... :shock:

This is a good time / night to go looking elsewhere, since ppl's attention
seems to be diverted :sun: :sun: :sun:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wasn't able to get to the computer-am dying to see that yellow tourm FK!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had thought about Faegrace when I saw the yellow tourmaline, as a "ray of sunshine" possibility.

I managed to snag the Namibian. :D

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NKOTB|1307584772|2941244 said:
I managed to snag the Namibian. :D

Oh, pics of that please!!!

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
As a recent admirer of colored stones, I'd like to get in on this :lol:
I've been reading about these "drops" for some time now... and yet still, for the life of me, can't understand them!
Does Barry upload new stones to his site... or is there an email newsletter... or does everyone have CS ESP?

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Question for you guys. As you're about to click "buy", do you think, "wow, this gem cost more than a roundtrip nonstop plane ticket to maui (or somewhere in the caribbean for east-coasters/southerners)?"

When i saw the namibian, i put it in my cart immediately... then that thought came up. Images of hawaii floated thru my head and clouded my judgement. When i finally told myself, "well... let me just see it in person"... it was too late, hahahahaha.

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
ForteKitty, LOL!!! Today I was about to post in Hangout a Jewels vs Pets thread. I want to buy a cat... but find myself spending money on gems instead :twirl:

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Well, MTG, put it this way...if my first choice is for me to get the stone, a very close second would be for you to get it! Congrats, and come back with pics! Don't mind me; I'm just bummed because the odds are that I lost out on it because of silly computer login issues.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
wakingdreams53|1307587600|2941294 said:
ForteKitty, LOL!!! Today I was about to post in Hangout a Jewels vs Pets thread. I want to buy a cat... but find myself spending money on gems instead :twirl:

I can't even compare the two. One's living and one's an inanimate object. If my cats/dogs are sick i'd willingly give up all my gems to make them better.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MTG - will do!
wakingdreams - Some send out newsletters, some post news on their sites with a heads up beforehand, some you just happen upon when obsessively checking all the sites for updates. It's a bit of a slippery slope of addiction, I'm quickly learning.
ForteKitty - I was just thinking about that today, in fact. I could have taken my whole family on a vacation somewhere with what I've spent on gems in the past few months. :oops:

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
ForteKitty|1307588206|2941300 said:
wakingdreams53|1307587600|2941294 said:

I can't even compare the two. One's living and one's an inanimate object. If my cats/dogs are sick i'd willingly give up all my gems to make them better.

Me too. My dog is more important to me than these lovely stones. As things are though, I am glad to have them both. So I started making a hand forged 999 fine silver collar and chain leash for him, mon jouet petit.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
VapidLapid|1307588951|2941304 said:
Me too. My dog is more important to me than these lovely stones. As things are though, I am glad to have them both. So I started making a hand forged 999 fine silver collar and chain leash for him, mon jouet petit.

Ooh, does he get some gems in that collar? i wanted to glue some cabs onto my cat's collar, but my mom reminded me that they'll just eat them somehow and i'll be the one digging out their poop... so no go.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I would love to see photos of the new gemmies and the beloved furbabies!!!!

Lori

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ForteKitty|1307589688|2941318 said:
VapidLapid|1307588951|2941304 said:

Ooh, does he get some gems in that collar? i wanted to glue some cabs onto my cat's collar, but my mom reminded me that they'll just eat them somehow and i'll be the one digging out their poop... so no go.

You could think of it as your own excavation site?

ok that was gross don't mind me...lol

-A

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
I tried to stay up but fell asleep at my laptop; it's a tough time for UK buyers! ;P

I'm glad to see I didn't miss a cushion. I would looooooooooooooove to get my hands on a Barry cushion (I wish that gorgeous pink/peach tourm cushion wasn't still up on his site, taunting me :-o )

snoopkat

Shiny_Rock
who's Barry and where can I go to find his drops? I'm fairly new to PS but a massive lover of CS.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results