shape
carat
color
clarity

Barry peach tourmaline

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/26/2009 11:00:58 AM
Author: arjunajane
Hey ma re, thanks for the explanation - this is what I thought to be the case too,
however I just read always on RT how the RB''s face up bigger than comparable ct weights
in cushions, princesses etc - I had also thought the ''corners'' thing does give the cushion an advantage,
and certainly in this case it looks a ton bigger than the RB.
So, do I not get a comment on the actual gem..?
31.gif
5.gif

I disagree with the posts on RT about how RBs face up bigger than other cuts of comparable ct weights. I’ve done calculations on the total exposed surface area and find that RBs and cushions (if it isn’t overly deep like over 67 %) to be comparable. As Ma Re explained, it is due to the corners.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 8:57:28 AM
Author: AdiS
Hey, AJ, long time no ''see''!
35.gif

Another beautiful stone in your collection, I must admit I''m getting a bit jealous!
3.gif

I love the colour of your new tourmaline and I think it''ll look lovely with diamonds as accents.

Hiya Adis, how are you?
35.gif

Ha ha, you are welcome to come play with them anytime hon - I''m glad you like the diamonds idea,
I think I will keep my eye out for a match to the oec and a potential three stone - it''ll be something
different to all the solitaires I have.
thanks hon!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 11:55:21 AM
Author: Chrono
Date: 5/26/2009 11:00:58 AM

Author: arjunajane

Hey ma re, thanks for the explanation - this is what I thought to be the case too,

however I just read always on RT how the RB''s face up bigger than comparable ct weights

in cushions, princesses etc - I had also thought the ''corners'' thing does give the cushion an advantage,

and certainly in this case it looks a ton bigger than the RB.

So, do I not get a comment on the actual gem..?

31.gif
5.gif

I disagree with the posts on RT about how RBs face up bigger than other cuts of comparable ct weights. I’ve done calculations on the total exposed surface area and find that RBs and cushions (if it isn’t overly deep like over 67 %) to be comparable. As Ma Re explained, it is due to the corners.

Hey C,
from my narrow experience with these two stones, I would also agree with you and ma re that
the saying about RB''s may not be that true when it comes to a comparison to cushions. I''m not sure
about others like princess as I don''t own any.
Actually, I asked Jon about this (H&A RB''s vs new Chunky cushions) and their comparative face-up
appearance/value - hopefully he will have time to create a lesson on the new cushions and include an answer
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thankyou everyone for your compliments!
It really is a lovely stone, and I''m getting a kick atm admiring it whenever I open my
jewellery box.
5.gif

Amethystguy, I''m afraid I don''t know with this specific gem, but I''ve got a feeling it''s Mozambique..

Chicago

Shiny_Rock
love love love your stone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results