shape
carat
color
clarity

Barry peach tourmaline

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
on the hand for size perspective..

DSC04205rs.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
showing a lil purple..

DSC04196rs.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
looking quite alot purple!

DSC04207rs.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
and for a size, colour and faceting comparison..
And an advertisement for what a bezel can do for size appearance..

3.1ct garnet, 8.6mm
2.4ct tourmaline, 8.4mm
6.gif

I realize its not a perfect comparison, as the cushion is closer to the camera..
but I had to doublecheck these measurements before I posted, I couldn''t
believe the difference !

DSC04209rs.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
ok, last one..very close to what I see..

DSC04188rs.JPG

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s absolutely stunning, aj! It seems to display a different colour in each pic, but each colour it shoes is amazing!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/24/2009 3:32:49 AM
Author: DandiAndi
It''s absolutely stunning, aj! It seems to display a different colour in each pic, but each colour it shoes is amazing!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I agree. It''s such a beautiful stone! Congrats on a great purchase.
36.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
The perceived size difference is also there due to a cushion having corners, eventhough they''re curved, but they''re still corners. Therefore, you actually have a larger crown surface area, so the stone must also look larger. For the same reason a baguette/rectangular cut will always look larger than an oval of the same size, and a princess will seem larger than a cushion.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
The daylight photos are fabulous.
30.gif
30.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
It''s so pretty!! The combination of purple/pink/peach is absolutely stunning. What are your plans with it??

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very interesting combination of colors, how fun!! Barry did a great job on faceting that stone, as always.
2.gif

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
What a stunner Arjunajane! I love all the glints of gold and lavender along with the peach - it is fabulous
1.gif
I think it would look beautiful in either the unplated white gold (love that warmth) or rose gold. Can''t wait to see this one done!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
This is such an interesting stone! What are your plans for it. I like it!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW, AJ, love the new pictures in day light. It is a gorgeous color, I love the different color plays.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous. The gold colour is pretty but it is just INCREDIBLE in the sunlight.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I am so in love with these peachy tourmalines from Barry. Absolutely stunning, aj!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
its gorgeous, the color really shows up now in the sun.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous AJ, and well worthy of showing a shot or two on Platinumrock''s \"Peachy\" thread

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
That''s such a pretty stone!
9.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous! I really like how it has different color change characteristics to it. You picked a unique beauty!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
WOO HOO AJ.....WHAT A BEAUTY!!!
30.gif

Lori

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really love this stone - you have a great eye AJ!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
This is gorgeous! I was drooling over those peachy pink tourms from Barry''s last drop - yours is just stunning!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2009 4:07:12 AM
Author: ma re
The perceived size difference is also there due to a cushion having corners, eventhough they''re curved, but they''re still corners. Therefore, you actually have a larger crown surface area, so the stone must also look larger. For the same reason a baguette/rectangular cut will always look larger than an oval of the same size, and a princess will seem larger than a cushion.

Hey ma re, thanks for the explanation - this is what I thought to be the case too,
however I just read always on RT how the RB''s face up bigger than comparable ct weights
in cushions, princesses etc - I had also thought the "corners" thing does give the cushion an advantage,
and certainly in this case it looks a ton bigger than the RB.
So, do I not get a comment on the actual gem..?
31.gif
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thankyou so much everyone who has offered lovely comments on the new pics -
I''m glad I could share this one with you all..eventually!

To those that queried, I don''t have any definate plans as yet - but unplated WG or RG will
surely be the metals of choice for this one.
I would like to make another RHR, likely with Sally, but may try Macfarland designs (also etsy)for a change.
I''ve also been chatting to Scott of Two Claws jewelery on Flickr (I posted a couple pieces of his recently),
his work is incredible - I would love to create something with Scott at some stage, and he does lovely halo/diamond accent work.
I actually really like the idea of this gem with some colourless diamonds as accents - I don''t own
any pieces yet with both diamonds and gemstones in it. I do currently have a pretty ~0.4ct OEC from ebay sitting wround with no purpose, but I guess I would need a matching one to make it work?

Or perhaps my first halo is in order..?
31.gif
5.gif

ha ha, I am always open to suggestions of course!

And Gailey, I will be happy to contribute to the peachy precious thread, thankyou for the reminder !
1.gif

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
A very unique color. Nice stone. Do you have any idea of the location where it came from?

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely!!!

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
ITs BEAUTIFUL! I love those pictures with it on your hand! It really made me drool! I need to get a colored stone soon!!

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Hey, AJ, long time no "see"!
35.gif

Another beautiful stone in your collection, I must admit I''m getting a bit jealous!
3.gif

I love the colour of your new tourmaline and I think it''ll look lovely with diamonds as accents.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW the sunlight pictures are great! I really like all of the colors the stone displays. And it looks so big on your hand! Really substantial. Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results