shape
carat
color
clarity

bangles - love them or hate them?

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do many people here own bangle bracelets? I've seen a few here, but not many. I've never bought one and wonder if the rigid nature would drive me nuts or if I'd like it. Not sure I'd get any stones in it - probably either a sterling silver one or a white gold one I found that has one very small diamond in it (bezeled in yellow gold).

If you have one, or have tried one before, please chime in!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Funny that you should ask about this-- I have two yellow gold ones that I received from my husband (then boyfriend) about 12 years ago, and I hadn't worn them in years but took them out and wore them yesterday and today. I love them! One is glossy and the other is matte and they look amazing together. They're comfortable to wear, as well.

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Love them and used to wear them all the time, but computers have taken them away. Too much banging and clanging for me.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love them!

I only have two and they're 22k so I don't wear them all that much, as I worry about bending them out of shape and destroying the soft clasps. They're so pretty though - I think there's something very regal about the way the rigid structure looks on the wrist.

I have been wanting this one badly for a few weeks now, to wear between the two I've got http://www.whiteflash.com/diamond-bracelets/shared-prong-diamond-bangle-750.htm but having just finished a different bracelet project DH is (admittedly understandably) less than enthusiastic!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love them but hate to wear them.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
katiedid|1309569994|2960316 said:
Do many people here own bangle bracelets? I've seen a few here, but not many. I've never bought one and wonder if the rigid nature would drive me nuts or if I'd like it. Not sure I'd get any stones in it - probably either a sterling silver one or a white gold one I found that has one very small diamond in it (bezeled in yellow gold).

If you have one, or have tried one before, please chime in!

katiedid-I wanted to make sure that you were aware of a recent thread in Hangout about this same topic! As the happy owner of a set of seven bangle bracelets, you may consider me as chiming in on the side of bangle bracelets!!!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/about-bangle-bracelet.159870/#post-2908415#p2908415']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/about-bangle-bracelet.159870/#post-2908415#p2908415[/URL]

Deb/AGBF
:read:

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lizzyann01|1309574555|2960374 said:
Love em Love em Love em!!!

I own the 1.5ctw shared prong bangle from BGD and it is absolutely beautiful! I also liked that I could engrave in the inside of it! It also looks great with my watch! I find it extremely comfortable and I get a ton of compliments on it! https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/bgd-1-5ctw-bangle-has-arrived.143515/

Wow, lizzyann! What a great diamond bangle! I never saw it before. I missed the thread I now saw the link for. Brian Gavin does do jewelry nicely!!!

Deb/AGBF

4ever

Ideal_Rock
LOVE!

I'm seeing a lot more please buying diamond bangles now (ones with diamonds all round) than diamond tennis bracelets - a stack in different golds and different ctws looks divine.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I am on a bangle kick because I found some cheapy ones my size that are actually cattle horn. I need 2.25 diameter which would need custom making, but I'm thinking about having some made. They feel way too clunky if they don't fit close to your wrist.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I own the 1.5ctw shared prong bangle from BGD and it is absolutely beautiful! I also liked that I could engrave in the inside of it! It also looks great with my watch! I find it extremely comfortable and I get a ton of compliments on it! https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/bgd-1-5ctw-bangle-has-arrived.143515/

Confession - I remember this thread well, because your and Mara's pics make up the larger portion of my 'bracelet favourites' folder :love: :halo:

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
I love them but I lose them ;( so I don't wear them.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't like how bracelets look on me, but I can't say I hate them. They look great on other people though.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I adore them and are my choice of bracelet.

cheers--Sharon

Frenchcut

Shiny_Rock
Take the time to try some bangles (ideally, borrow some to a friend to wear them a few days) to make sure they're not too large and don't feel awkward.

I for instance love the look of bangles on others but would never buy one for myself as my wrists are too small. I already tried several sizes but none will fit :(

If your wrists are indeed too small, and depending on what style of bangles you like, you may also go the custom route...

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have really small wrists too and mine slides open, then closes nice and tight so it looks nice, but couldn't make it over my wrist.
Answer = love 'em

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome feedback everyone! Thanks for pointing me to that thread - I will check that out! I found out that the one I thought was 14k white gold is actually sterling, and I'm not going to pay $310 for a silver bracelet, so I won't be getting the one with the little diamond in it. :(

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have this bangle which is the Hearts on Fire Solitude bracelet. This is an oval shaped bracelet and I really enjoy wearing it. The shape makes it more comfortable as I have small wrists and can't always wear the traditional round bracelets as they are too large for my wrist. I love the simplicity of this piece with the one HOF diamond in the center. I love the look of a bangle!!

Attachments

• bracelet.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 2,032

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
my mistress is in love with this oval shaped bangle bracelet from WF.. :love:

orchid 017.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1309655161|2960899 said:
my mistress is in love with this oval shaped bangle bracelet from WF.. :love:

Too bad your wife will be wearing it. . . :lol: !

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I have the same gorgeous bangle bracelet from Whiteflash that Dancing Fire posted and I love it. I had never owned a bangle before and was concerned about whether or not it would be hard to wear. I don't like to have it on when I use the computer, but otherwise I have found it to be very comfortable and I forget that it is even on my wrist.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1309581020|2960417 said:

Wow, lizzyann! What a great diamond bangle! I never saw it before. I missed the thread I now saw the link for. Brian Gavin does do jewelry nicely!!!

Deb/AGBF

Thanks AGBF! I'm really happy I got it! I wear it all the time!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have all been so helpful. Thanks to the encouragement (uhh enablement...), I just ordered the silver beaded bangle. None of the stores had the small size, so I ordered it online and got free shipping so it worked out well! I hope I'll like it - if not, there's a 30 day money back guarantee. I work at a computer, so we'll see how it does! Thanks again everyone!

kimber418

Shiny_Rock
I love bangles! I think you just have to get used to having them on. The more you wear the easier it is to get used to them. I never take my love off and my newest addition is my diamond bangle made by ID jewelry.....

IMG_7223.jpg

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, all of these diamond bangles are SO gorgeous!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Does anyone have a hinged bangle? Like many of you, I have small wrists and can never find a bangle to fit me properly. I have one fake hammered gold bracelet that opens like a jaw and then closes. It fits perfectly and I love it, but have never seen a real one like it.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The HOF bangle I posted above is hinged - makes it much easier to get on and off.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
My bangle from BGD is also hinged! Really easy to get on and off!

jeanette

Rough_Rock
Have not had mine off in years, over 40.
I have three bangles on my left, and six on my right arm.
Have had them on I think around the time I was 16 or so.
you can see my left hand in the photo
Jeanette :snore:

MVC-177X.jpg%20small.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results