shape
carat
color
clarity

bangles - love them or hate them?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Lizzyann, that bangle is beautiful. I think I would like bangles if they were oval shaped and fit my small wrist well.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
pregcurious|1310522799|2967714 said:
Lizzyann, that bangle is beautiful. I think I would like bangles if they were oval shaped and fit my small wrist well.

Thank you so much! I think you would really like my bangle. It is oval shaped and hinged and it fits my wrist well and I have small wrists too!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have one diamond antique repro bangle that I love because it's oval and fits close to my wrist. I wear it for special occasions. For every day wear, I enjoy wearing link bracelets more, but I do enjoy owning one bangle. It gives me options.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ended up cancelling my online order for the Pandora bangle because it was out of stock, but I'm supposed to pick one up this weekend at the local store!

I love all the bangles you ladies have posted!

mesmerized

Rough_Rock
I have a gold bangle from years ago that is also hinged, as my wrist are on the small side. hmm, wish I could get the rest of my body on board with my wrist. ;-)

I haven’t worn it much in recent years but I still love it. I try to subscribe to the remove one piece of jewelry before leaving the house… so I sort of solved that by not wearing my bracelets.

I do have a problem wearing it at work though. It seems uncomfortable when I type because my arms hit or are braced on the desk. I am not giving up on it though, it’s very flattering.

mrsjacob

Shiny_Rock
I have an oval bangle made by my aunt-in-law. I love it, but never wear it. It has one sharp edge on the hook, and I'm afraid of scratching the bebe.

Icelover

Shiny_Rock
love them on my mom's wrists coz they are round and hate them on mine coz mine are skiny and flat...thats the looks part

for comfort...if its a plain bangle, it shouldnt matter but if you have stones i would reccommend oval.... :))

Eilonwy

Shiny_Rock
I've only got one bangle but I've got several bracelets. I much prefer my bangle to my other wrist jewellery. I LOVE the rigid nature and I think that's the best part. (I love the noise it makes when it bangs on a surface, and I love the noise of several bangles together) Also I think they always look trendy. However, because I have small wrists my bangle is so small I practically have to dislocate my fingers to get it on. And can only wear it on one wrist because it can't get over my other hand! Despite that I agree with the jeweller when he suggested making it that small. Definitely looks great when on and if I wanted to wear it on the other wrist I'd size it up slightly.

If I could buy another bracelet or when I do, I would be looking for a bangle that I can open in half so that I can just clip it on to my wrist (if you know what I mean?)

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Well I have to really like them because I have one sautered on my wrist :bigsmile: When I was 16 years old my neighbors owned a very nice jewelry store. Sometimes on the weekends I would go in and help them. It was fun to see all the jewelry. When I was 16 their daughter and I got matching bangles sautered onto our wrists. Hers was yellow gold, mine was white gold. Now 12 years later I still have it. It has never come off and probably never will. I shutter to think how much money the bracelet would cost now for the price of gold. I'm guessing it is around 2-3mm thick. Very femine looking. When I turn 30 I plan on getting the cartier love bracelet in white gold (the one that screws together) and wearing that with my current bangle so it doesn't look so lonely.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarahbear621 - that is amazing! Can you post a photo?

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Going to look at the bangle today - they finally got my size in. Hope I like it! If I get it, I'll post a pic.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I got it and so far I love it! Hope these pics come out ok.

bangle2.jpg

bangle1.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
That looks really pretty, especially with your ring!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you pregcurious!! I've already decided I want another one just like it so I can wear 2 together and they can make that pretty bangle noise!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
uggh my hands look so gross and veiny!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love them. Want a diamond one I've been watching on ebay, but I'm currently broke. ;(

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
katiedid|1310910502|2970757 said:
Well I got it and so far I love it! Hope these pics come out ok.

Did you say where you got that beautiful bangle or did I just miss it?

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Love that bangle!!!! Looks awesome on you! Great combo with your gorgeous wedding band! What sized stones are in that bad boy??!!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi blackberry, I got it at Pandora! I also got a really cool leather bracelet with the Pandora silver clasp. I'm wearing it on my right wrist with the bangle and it looks good together!

And lizzyann, my wedding band has 10 pointers in it. I LOVE this ring!

thanks so much ladies!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok one more pic of the sterling one and the leather one together. Love these!!

kbracelets.jpg

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Love your bangles, Katiedid!

Sundial and Dancing Fire - how do you like the bangles? They are so gorgeous!!!! I have been stalking your bangle photos! 3 ctw on the top looks so yummy! May I ask a question? Do you ever find you wish the diamonds went all the way around? I can't decide between an eternity bangle or one like yours where they are only on the top and with bigger stones!

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Any opinions?

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks bliss! I want a diamond one too. :love:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bliss|1311011314|2971533 said:

Sundial and Dancing Fire - how do you like the bangles? They are so gorgeous!!!! I have been stalking your bangle photos! 3 ctw on the top looks so yummy! May I ask a question? Do you ever find you wish the diamonds went all the way around? I can't decide between an eternity bangle or one like yours where they are only on the top and with bigger stones!

Any opinions?
i like the bigger stones on top,plus IMO they don't get beat up as easily as the eternity style.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1311094424|2972309 said:
Bliss|1311011314|2971533 said:

Any opinions?
i like the bigger stones on top,plus IMO they don't get beat up as easily as the eternity style.

I agree with Dancing Fire. The bottom of the bangle gets banged up a lot so I prefer having the diamonds just on the top. I love my Whiteflash bangle and it never fails to attract compliments. The hinged design makes for a great fit too.

And Katiedid I love what you chose from Pandora!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you sundial! That WF bangle is on my wish list!!

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock
I have a sterling silver one and I like it. It does take some getting used to, but after a while you don't even think about it. Also, make sure you don't get one that is too big, as then that does get annoying because it feels like it's about to fall off.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Sundial and Dancing Fire, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is really a spectacular bangle!!!!!!!!!! Love love love love love!!!!!!!! I guess it's like deciding between an eternity ring and a 5 stone band.... smaller stones throughout or larger stones on top? I had a 5 stone for the same reason you got the bangle and then I changed it to a full eternity with larger stones. Just worried I might change my mind again if I get a bangle and want to get them all the way around? Though with a bangle, there would really be more banging on the bottom part! I just loooooooove that larger carat weight bangle!!!!! Sooooooooo lovely on your wrist, Sundial! And it looks amazing on DF's "mistress"!!!!!!! LOL Sooooo pretty!!!!

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
MissGotRocks|1309650706|2960848 said:
I have this bangle which is the Hearts on Fire Solitude bracelet. This is an oval shaped bracelet and I really enjoy wearing it. The shape makes it more comfortable as I have small wrists and can't always wear the traditional round bracelets as they are too large for my wrist. I love the simplicity of this piece with the one HOF diamond in the center. I love the look of a bangle!!

Ah, MissGotRocks, that is the bangle that I covet (although in WG)! It is stunning on you :love: :love: :love:

One day...

SB621

Ideal_Rock
katiedid|1310664340|2968883 said:
Sarahbear621 - that is amazing! Can you post a photo?

Sorry I didn't see this until now. Here is my bangle that has been sutured onto my wrist since I was 16 years old. It is plain 14k or 18k white gold. So far it hasn't really yellowed which really surprises me. I never bothered to ask my friends what karat gold it was and I have never seen a mark on it before.

bangle.jpg

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE. I have 5 hammered gold bangles (3 oval, 2 round) that I wear all the time. I much prefer bangles to link bracelets (in terms of the look and feel for myself.) I had several more that I used to wear that have since been sold to raise funds for bigger projects, but yes. I love me some bangles!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results