shape
carat
color
clarity

Bands similar to this Kirk Kara piece? (style 6757-R)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm in love with the style, but not the price
40.gif
($3300 was the least expensive I found) for a .5ct 1/2 eternity.

I also don't love that there are three sticky-outy block pieces, I'd rather 2 or 4 so there wouldn't be a "middle" one lining up with my ering center stone.

Suggestions, anyone?

kirkkara6757-R.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another pic, with the ering setting as well.

6757-R.jpg

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2008 12:24:34 PM
Author: musey
Another pic, with the ering setting as well.

Have you tried OGI? And there was a recent post with a link on similiar bands; I want to say in the Show Me or Rocky Talk threads. I sent an email to the hubby about that link; let me see if I can find it.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
www.antiqueengagementrings.com is the place. They have lovely diamond and gemstone bands; a little lower price range than OGI, too. But I do love my OGI!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Holly - I didn''t see any similar bands on either of those sites (I assume the OGI you''re referencing is the one at ogi-ltd.com?)... I guess I''ll just have to keep looking!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
"three sticky-outy block pieces"

Musey, you are just precious! §

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2008 2:38:21 PM
Thanks Holly - I didn''t see any similar bands on either of those sites (I assume the OGI you''re referencing is the one at ogi-ltd.com?)... I guess I''ll just have to keep looking!
I''ll try to attach pictures from michaelfina.com since the OGI site won''t allow saving pictures. Give me a moment to accomplish this task. The pictures I found there could be from previous seasons and not currently on the official website; maybe one of these is close to what you want.

OGI #3.jpg

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Uh-oh. Maybe it's not gonna happen. Hmmmm... let me try some other site.

Similiar rings from both Tacori and Rina Limor. None of the photos I download from their site are apparently going to upload to this thread. boo hiss
38.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I think that there are actually 4 little sticky-out blocks. Three wouldn't work well with the matching e-ring either. If you try to visualize it, the three you see would be skewed relative to the non-engraved region in the back of the ring. I think the 4th is just obscured. That doesn't help with the price though!

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
The milgrain and details remind me of Sheldon Speyer, though I do not see one that really looks exactly like the Kirk Kara. (Be warned, the Sheldon Speyer website is really annoying to naviagate
14.gif
)

I loved Kirk Kara rings, too ... but they were out of our price range as well. Both my ering and wring are by Sheldon Speyer, and I've been very happy with them.

ETA: I don't think all of Sheldon Speyer's rings are on his website, either. I don't see my wring there any more, and my jeweler showed me a catalog which had a lot more options ...

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I'm going to try an upload from www.topazery.com. Nope didn't save to my pictures so I could transfer.

It is rg2417-1 if you want to take a look; it is a great price. You know, it may be possible to get it customized with the shape of stones you would want. I think your original post had princess stones in it?

Nope, now that I take a closer look, it isn't quite what you want. Okay, still hunting.

sera

Ideal_Rock
Not the same, but you might like this Beverly K eternity with kinda the same shapes in a different arrangement.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2008 3:56:50 PM
Author: turtledazzle
The milgrain and details remind me of Sheldon Speyer, though I do not see one that really looks exactly like the Kirk Kara. (Be warned, the Sheldon Speyer website is really annoying to naviagate
14.gif
)

I loved Kirk Kara rings, too ... but they were out of our price range as well. Both my ering and wring are by Sheldon Speyer, and I''ve been very happy with them.

ETA: I don''t think all of Sheldon Speyer''s rings are on his website, either. I don''t see my wring there any more, and my jeweler showed me a catalog which had a lot more options ...
Oh, those Sheldon Speyer rings are pretty! I''ve never seen his collections before.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you thank you thank you, everyone!!

Date: 1/3/2008 3:40:34 PM
Author: mercoledi
I think that there are actually 4 little sticky-out blocks. Three wouldn''t work well with the matching e-ring either. If you try to visualize it, the three you see would be skewed relative to the non-engraved region in the back of the ring. I think the 4th is just obscured. That doesn''t help with the price though!
You really think so? Where the arrow is? I really couldn''t tell! I assumed they''d try to show it in the picture if it were there. Too weird.

kirkkara6757-R(2).jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2008 2:49:26 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
''three sticky-outy block pieces''

Musey, you are just precious! §
LOL!
3.gif
hey, the important thing is that everyone understands what I''m talking about, right?
31.gif

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2008 5:07:24 PM
Thank you thank you thank you, everyone!!

Date: 1/3/2008 3:40:34 PM

Author: mercoledi

I think that there are actually 4 little sticky-out blocks. Three wouldn't work well with the matching e-ring either. If you try to visualize it, the three you see would be skewed relative to the non-engraved region in the back of the ring. I think the 4th is just obscured. That doesn't help with the price though!

You really think so? Where the arrow is? I really couldn't tell! I assumed they'd try to show it in the picture if it were there. Too weird.
Oh! I think mercoledi is right! Looking at the engraving there would have to be another diamond in the area that is blocked by the other ring image.

So the sticky-outy diamond that you thought was center, is actually to the right of the center of the ring making the band part you thought would be left of the center of the ering would actually be centered with the ering.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know sera, I think you and mercoledi are right!!

SDL, I''m wondering about that. I have a suspicion that it would be a little too wide for me (~.5ct 1/2 eternity, where another full eternity band I tried on was 2mm with .5ct) anyway, so custom might be a really good way to go...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results