carat
color
clarity

Bands galore!

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It may be in Canadian dollars as that’s what my Etsy is set at. :think:

Edited to add that in US dollars it’s $2888.88. How much is a new one?

Last edited:

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, I'm boring. I don't know what fancy setting I want yet so I ordered the plain 2mm knife edge in platinum for now.

Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 4.21.49 PM.png

https://www.tiffany.com/jewelry/rings/tiffany-wedding-band-GRP00379/

I thought it would be fun to have a Tiffany wedding band. However, the 6 prong head of my e-ring is platinum from Whiteflash but the shank is 14k white gold from Blue Nile. I could get a matching 14k knife edge band from Blue Nile for an exact match but I don't want to have to replate TWO rings. Do you think the platinum will clash with the 14k white gold e-ring shank?

BN knife edge available in 14k white gold or platinum.
https://www.bluenile.com/knife-edge-wedding-band-platinum_34241

What a mishmosh engagement set!

I've worn my platinum and WG rings/bands together for years and they don't clash. They seem to match perfectly to my eyes.

BTW, good call to get a knife-edge band! I have that same band from Tiffany and it's one of the most versatile pieces in my collection. I often wear it with my solitaire, or stacked with other rings. In fact, I've found this band to be so wearable that I just ordered another one in 18k yellow gold (this time from Ritani - they are having a 30% off sale on all wedding bands. The sale ends today).

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've worn my platinum and WG rings/bands together for years and they don't clash. They seem to match perfectly to my eyes.

BTW, good call to get a knife-edge band! I have that same band from Tiffany and it's one of the most versatile pieces in my collection. I often wear it with my solitaire, or stacked with other rings. In fact, I've found this band to be so wearable that I just ordered another one in 18k yellow gold (this time from Ritani - they are having a 30% off sale on all wedding bands. The sale ends today).

That’s really awesome to hear! Thank you for sharing your experience with the band and how it’s worked with your collection over the years! It’s set to arrive today and I am waiting with breath that is bated. I hope it pairs well with my knife edge e-ring which is pretty knifey. :appl:

If you could do it again, would you have gone with a less expensive non-branded knife edge or was this Tiffany band worth it for you?

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
6A92832D-D348-43B6-96D9-0616DCBBB077.jpeg 55AADB10-AFEB-48D5-ACC2-BE39A3FA8B48.jpeg 80F09668-DF6C-44CE-A3D6-0B490CC978C2.jpeg 9B18E65C-AADB-427C-B85F-4BC4C5F5AB1A.jpeg Tiffany knife edge band is here! What do y’all think? Feels nice on the hand. Keeper or should I get the Blue Nile knife edge for a “perfect match” width and height-wise? The BN one won’t sit perfectly flush either bc of the e-ring’s donut. The Tiffany band sits lower than the ACA solitaire which is totally stealing the show. :lol:

@diamondseeker2006 @SimoneDi @KristyDarling

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have always adored the T&Co classic knife edge band. That said, I am not sure if it does much for your e-ring. I would be inclined to get the BN matching band and see how that looks next to your ring.

While I understand that others might not see differences between WG and PT, the subtle metal color differences personally drive me crazy, I even see differences between different alloys and find those annoying when significant. :oops2: When the band has diamonds, then I find the metal color differences tolerable.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don’t think I would mind the metal color difference as much as the width. Hm. Really don’t want to replate 2 white gold rings tho.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love those knife edge rings paired together but I think the width discrepancy might drive me bonkers too. Would the BN ring match yours exactly?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it a lot, but I think it will be even better wearing as a center ring and then putting a thin diamond band at the bottom, eventually! I'd stick with the Tiffany. If anything, I'd later change to all all platinum e-ring setting.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love those knife edge rings paired together but I think the width discrepancy might drive me bonkers too. Would the BN ring match yours exactly?
I think so. I would get the platinum version tho if I went to BN. :think:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think so. I would get the platinum version tho if I went to BN. :think:

Hard call - I love Tiffany’s bands but needing them to match trumps that I think. Guess it is not possible to have the shank of the engagement ring worked on to match the Tiffany band?

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
BD971124-4DC0-4FC7-90D9-3D13FD76DD35.jpeg
Hard call - I love Tiffany’s bands but needing them to match trumps that I think. Guess it is not possible to have the shank of the engagement ring worked on to match the Tiffany band?

It’s a possibility in the future! The platinum BN knife edge is $450 and the Tiffany is $675. I see myself going plat in the future so I could keep this one but it’s not an exact match. It seems more balanced on top of the e-ring although I am used to the band being on the bottom.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Such a classic, beautiful look! That diamond looks so huge and beautiful on you - it almost needs no more than that band!
Thank you, @MissGotRocks! You think I should keep the Tiffany band instead of the exact BN match (actually the e-ring is wg and I would get the plat if I get the one from BN)? Will likely treasure Tiffany band in the future more and who knows what my e-ring will be later. :confused:

P.S. I just love the aqua blues reflecting from the cell phone case!

P.S.S. This is such a classic PS nitpicky deliberation... but it's important!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @MissGotRocks! You think I should keep the Tiffany band instead of the exact BN match (actually the e-ring is wg and I would get the plat if I get the one from BN)? Will likely treasure Tiffany band in the future more and who knows what my e-ring will be later. :confused:

P.S. I just love the aqua blues reflecting from the cell phone case!

If I really needed to match the set, I'd rather work from the Tiffany band than the BN band. I just think that the Tiffany bands are honed to perfection and are something to have for a lifetime. May be a bit sappy - but that's just me! Besides, I love your story - from a harrowing blender nightmare to a gorgeous, iconic set - and I love happy endings!! :appl:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd prefer to have the knife-edge match. I think the matching knife-edge and then a diamond Tiffany band would be great.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If I really needed to match the set, I'd rather work from the Tiffany band than the BN band. I just think that the Tiffany bands are honed to perfection and are something to have for a lifetime. May be a bit sappy - but that's just me! Besides, I love your story - from a harrowing blender nightmare to a gorgeous, iconic set - and I love happy endings!! :appl:

So kind and sweet of you to say! I really am grateful it all didn't go down the drain, figuratively and literally!

I'd prefer to have the knife-edge match. I think the matching knife-edge and then a diamond Tiffany band would be great.

Seems like the BN and Tiffany options have their drawbacks so I may have to do a side by side comparison.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even though I realize the setting isn’t Tiffany, you gotta admit that they had it right. Diamond looks like it is floating above the bands and makes it look as large as a diamond can possibly look in a setting. Those six prongs accentuate the roundness of the stone. Brilliant design that has been enjoyed for years!!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TweetyBird23 if I were you, I would get the matching one from BN to try out as well. I don’t know what your WG tolerance is but I personally have never had to replate my wg jewelry.

Q - did you ever try the thin 2mm channel set band from T&Co? For whatever reason, I think that it might be a nice match for your pretty e-ring.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@TweetyBird23 if I were you, I would get the matching one from BN to try out as well. I don’t know what your WG tolerance is but I personally have never had to replate my wg jewelry.

i'm not sure how long the plating would last on my finger but my husband's WG wb looks terrible now!

Q - did you ever try the thin 2mm channel set band from T&Co? For whatever reason, I think that it might be a nice match for your pretty e-ring.

i'm not sure how long the plating would last on my finger but my husband's WG wb looks terrible now!

I didn't try any of the channel set bands but I did see this:
https://www.fashionphile.com/tiffany-platinum-diamond-sapphire-3mm-band-ring-48-45-386039

My size but it's 3mm.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Even though I realize the setting isn’t Tiffany, you gotta admit that they had it right. Diamond looks like it is floating above the bands and makes it look as large as a diamond can possibly look in a setting. Those six prongs accentuate the roundness of the stone. Brilliant design that has been enjoyed for years!!
...and looks divine in white, yellow and rose!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think your new band is beautiful!! To my eyes, the difference in width is negligible. Not too surprising coming from me since my knife edge band and my knife-edge solitaire are from different makers and are NOT the same width (the width difference is about the same as yours, actually), and it does not bother me at all. The difference is so slight and I'm never "looking" for it. In real life, you'd have to scrutinize the rings pretty carefully to notice the tiny bit of width difference. That said, if it bothers you, then I would suggest giving the BN version a try.

As for whether I'd still go Tiffany with the band, my answer is not necessarily. At the time, I had tried 3 other knife edge bands from random jewelers (e-weddingbands, local jewelers, etc.) and they just looked clunky and angular and kinda cheapish....whereas Tiffany's version was so elegant, sleek, and just looked like QUALITY, so I splurged. But, I recently saw a thread by @moneymeister who bought a knife-edge from Ritani, which looks like a dead-ringer for my Tiffany band and is the same width as well, so I decided to give it a shot. At $208 incl. tax, it was a steal compared to what I paid for the Tiffany years ago. The band will arrive next Monday. :geek2:

BTW, I agree with @MissGotRocks that your set stands on its own. That floaty giant beautiful diamond looks AMAZING with just the knife edge band!!!

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think your new band is beautiful!! To my eyes, the difference in width is negligible. Not too surprising coming from me since my knife edge band and my knife-edge solitaire are from different makers and are NOT the same width (the width difference is about the same as yours, actually), and it does not bother me at all. The difference is so slight and I'm never "looking" for it. In real life, you'd have to scrutinize the rings pretty carefully to notice the tiny bit of width difference. That said, if it bothers you, then I would suggest giving the BN version a try.

As for whether I'd still go Tiffany with the band, my answer is not necessarily. At the time, I had tried 3 other knife edge bands from random jewelers (e-weddingbands, local jewelers, etc.) and they just looked clunky and angular and kinda cheapish....whereas Tiffany's version was so elegant, sleek, and just looked like QUALITY, so I splurged. But, I recently saw a thread by @moneymeister who bought a knife-edge from Ritani, which looks like a dead-ringer for my Tiffany band and is the same width as well, so I decided to give it a shot. At $208 incl. tax, it was a steal compared to what I paid for the Tiffany years ago. The band will arrive next Monday. :geek2:

BTW, I agree with @MissGotRocks that your set stands on its own. That floaty giant beautiful diamond looks AMAZING with just the knife edge band!!!
Aw shucks, thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to share your experiences with knife edge rings, @KristyDarling! I, too, appreciate a plain band with a solitaire. Diamond and more ornate bands are fun but a plain solitaire set is simply elegant!

The width is bothering me already so either the new e-ring needs to be changed or I will likely get another wedding band.

The search continues...

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like a plan! I'll continue to enjoy following your journey :geek2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loving this thread! Everyone seems to be covering all bases, so I haven't commented thus far, but count me as one more who values a perfect match; the design is so simple and clean, any deviation will stick out a mile, which would send me nuts.

And I agree; stay with BN for the bands, then add a Tiffany diamond anni or eternity band for those times you want a little more bling. Tho it's hard to conceive wanting more bling with that stunner you already have on your finger!! :kiss2:

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Loving this thread! Everyone seems to be covering all bases, so I haven't commented thus far, but count me as one more who values a perfect match; the design is so simple and clean, any deviation will stick out a mile, which would send me nuts.

And I agree; stay with BN for the bands, then add a Tiffany diamond anni or eternity band for those times you want a little more bling. Tho it's hard to conceive wanting more bling with that stunner you already have on your finger!! :kiss2:

Good to hear from you, @mrs-b! It would have to be an anniversary or birthday band but I can definitely conceive of more bling - teehee!

The 3.2mm "medium" size Embrace (8 pointers?) is the perfect over the top yet complementary blingy companion!
IMG_4704.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results