shape
carat
color
clarity

Bands galore!

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m looking for the perfect wedding band to go with my knife edge solitaire. Here’s some eye candy. Whiteflash ACA K color holding her own at the blue box shop! Any favorites?

I surprisingly loved the Tiffany Legacy in sapphire and diamonds. :love:
7B21AC4A-590C-4084-8464-9EF85F8BBA19.jpeg
7BE42645-F9F1-4704-98AC-4144526BCF9C.jpeg
6EF27467-8649-4407-9919-6B44A6F8C381.jpeg

Several versions of the Embrace
BBE3AB95-EC95-4BCC-BC8A-B1F1E2CE0954.jpeg 9F84F40D-2075-4793-87E4-C6CB7E4394C8.jpeg E470F88A-2E72-4623-B7B1-300569AF20B1.jpeg
2EE16DDB-1AED-453E-A4E9-87040E56971D.jpeg

How are we feeling about this pave knife edge?
329907F0-C36B-4A31-905A-33E53E1D71DC.jpeg 616F60F4-9F36-4D8E-AD1F-C3419656EA8A.jpeg
6439CA41-8741-4C91-A972-FC996B350155.jpeg

I may just get a plain matching knife edge and call it a day but something with a little more zhoozh is calling my name.

Tagging @SimoneDi @diamondseeker2006 @mrs-b because I know ya ladies love some pretty bands! :geek2:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, fun!! I've tried those on, too! Love their bands! My two favorites would be the 2.2mm Legacy band with all diamonds (disclaimer, that is what I have!) because I think you'd get tired of the alternating colors for your main band (I do love sapphires, though!). The other I like is the thin shared prong band which is the 4th picture. If you want more bling, I like the 6th picture which is probably 8 pointers. In other words, I don't think you can go wrong! But I'd go all diamond for the main wedding band. Your diamond looks incredible and huge! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd like to have that band to wear alone!!! lol! But it does take away from your diamond rather than compliment it!

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, fun!! I've tried those on, too! Love their bands! My two favorites would be the 2.2mm Legacy band with all diamonds (disclaimer, that is what I have!) because I think you'd get tired of the alternating colors for your main band (I do love sapphires, though!). The other I like is the thin shared prong band which is the 4th picture. If you want more bling, I like the 6th picture which is probably 8 pointers. In other words, I don't think you can go wrong! But I'd go all diamond for the main wedding band. Your diamond looks incredible and huge! :love:

Hi, DS! :wavey: Thanks for your input and kind words. Aw shucks, I didn’t try on the Legacy with only diamonds! I agree that the 8 pointer Embrace (the “medium”) goes well with solitaires of all sizes. It looked awesome with a 1.6 carat, too!

No love for the pave knife edge?

Also, I’m asking IDJ if they can remake the sapphire and diamond Legacy for less. Mistake?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see the Legacy bands for sale second hand from time to time. I might consider that before trying to have it made by someone else. What's your ring size (I think it's tiny)? I think there was one on Loupe Troop fairly recently but probably larger than your finger.

I like the pave knife edge ring, but for some reason I could see it more with an antique style e-ring. I kind of like the other classic Tiffany bands better. But I just think Tiffany has the best bands overall. They are set low enough and are very well made. Eventually you get over the price. :lol:

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I agree to keep it all diamond, no colored stones.
I do really like a knife edge with a knife edge, so if you don't want to do plain, I definitely like the one pave' one you have there.
I also like the 4th photo from the top, but I would like to see more images to see how it fits with your e-ring shank.
I really think you should do something with a knife edge, IMO it just looks like it's meant to be.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE the knife edge with diamonds. It's awesome and my favorite of the options.

I also like the smallest version of the all diamond embrace bc I think it compliments your center Stone without overwhelming it.

hypermom

Shiny_Rock
Everything looks fantastic with your engagement ring!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Get them all!

cheers--Sharon

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I agree to keep it all diamond, no colored stones.
I do really like a knife edge with a knife edge, so if you don't want to do plain, I definitely like the one pave' one you have there.
I also like the 4th photo from the top, but I would like to see more images to see how it fits with your e-ring shank.
I really think you should do something with a knife edge, IMO it just looks like it's meant to be.
I LOVE the knife edge with diamonds. It's awesome and my favorite of the options.

I also like the smallest version of the all diamond embrace bc I think it compliments your center Stone without overwhelming it.
HI:

Get them all!

cheers--Sharon

The knife edge pave is only $470. :razz:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with all thar DS said. I would definitely do all diamonds for the wedding band. My favorite is the shared prong - smaller my first pick but larger if you like it more. Tiffany has some really nice bands - I have had three of them and currently have their channel set band. I personally would not want a recreated version - just don’t think it could be done to satisfaction. Your new diamond looks huge on you and it really put on a light show at Tiffany’s!

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I agree with all thar DS said. I would definitely do all diamonds for the wedding band. My favorite is the shared prong - smaller my first pick but larger if you like it more. Tiffany has some really nice bands - I have had three of them and currently have their channel set band. I personally would not want a recreated version - just don’t think it could be done to satisfaction. Your new diamond looks huge on you and it really put on a light show at Tiffany’s!

Thank you, @MissGotRocks! I am gravitating towards the sapphire and diamonds because the stones have sentimental significance but I might wait for a preloved Legacy in my size.

This thin sapphire and diamond one just came in. DH likes how it doesn't overpower the e-ring. I'll wear it for a while and see if it scratches the blue and white itch.

IMG_4761.jpeg

I agree that Tiffany's bands are special - often imitated but never quite duplicated! Love the low settings and superior workmanship.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    649.8 KB · Views: 32

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi @Weecam. I'm a 4.25-4.5 depending on the ring.

I’m not sure if I’m allowed to say but if you look on Loupetroop there’s a Tiffany & Co. 2.3mm all diamond Legacy in size 5. :whistle:
I wear a 4.5 solitaire and size 5 eternity band.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m not sure if I’m allowed to say but if you look on Loupetroop there’s a Tiffany & Co. 2.3mm all diamond Legacy in size 5. :whistle:
I wear a 4.5 solitaire and size 5 eternity band.

Thank you for the link! It's pretty but I want the one with sapphires. :cry:

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh fun pics @TweetyBird23!

I also love the legacy with blue sapphires on you :love: I think that colored stones play really nicely with warmer center diamonds and sapphires look lovely on you. I also like the embrace, but I would go with stones that are in between, maybe 5pt. I am partial to rubies too, but overall I prefer pavè/bead set band vs. the larger shared prong bands with your beautiful e-ring. I vote a no to the knife edge matching pavè band, it really doesn’t do anything for me, but that’s just my opinion. :oops2:

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh fun pics @TweetyBird23!

I also love the legacy with blue sapphires on you :love: I think that colored stones play really nicely with warmer center diamonds and sapphires look lovely on you. I also like the embrace, but I would go with stones that are in between, maybe 5pt. I am partial to rubies too, but overall I prefer pavè/bead set band vs. the larger shared prong bands with your beautiful e-ring. I vote a no to the knife edge matching pavè band, it really doesn’t do anything for me, but that’s just my opinion. :oops2:

Thanks, @SimoneDi ! So many yummy options! Will keep an eye out for a pre-loved sapphire Legacy. :razz:

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooo, love all this eye candy! I think your gorgeous honkin' solitaire would look fabulous stacked with both a thin diamond pave band (less than 2mm wide) *AND* a thin channel-set sapphire baguette eternity band.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oooo, love all this eye candy! I think your gorgeous honkin' solitaire would look fabulous stacked with both a thin diamond pave band (less than 2mm wide) *AND* a thin channel-set sapphire baguette eternity band.

:kiss2::geek2::twisted2::roll2::P2:twisted::razz::):love::cheeky::wavey::dance:

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    83 bytes · Views: 22

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My votes in no particular order...

Smaller embrace :kiss2:

I do think the thin sapphire/diamond legacy is perfect with your ring :kiss2:... and I also agree with DS that you may not love the look for everyday. (I have a thin anniversary sapphire/diamond band that I LOVE, but it’s not my everyday “go-to.”

Won’t the knife-edge spin more than the others?

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My votes in no particular order...

Smaller embrace :kiss2:

I do think the thin sapphire/diamond legacy is perfect with your ring :kiss2:... and I also agree with DS that you may not love the look for everyday. (I have a thin anniversary sapphire/diamond band that I LOVE, but it’s not my everyday “go-to.”

Won’t the knife-edge spin more than the others?

Thanks for your input, @KristinTech! I haven’t thought about the knife edge spinning more. Is it because it’s thicker on top or because it is not an eternity thus causing the metal half to show?

L

lydial

I think there is a matte-ness or dull-ness to the look of the knife edge pave that does not go with the large solitaire to me, but I like all of the other ones. My favorite is the alternating sapphires. Like denim, sapphires match everything!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
All the bands are lovely. I had the diamond and sapphire Tiffany Embrace. It was beautiful but all the sapphires became abraded and cracked. The diamonds were perfectly fine..I had the sapphires replaced with diamonds and I’m very happy. I wore it daily..not abusing it..but normal activity. When I brought it to Tiffany they said sapphires were not meant to be worn daily. That didn’t fit into my lifestyle then. I didn’t have many bands then to trade off. If I were to get it today it would be rotated out and most likely would not seen the wear because it wouldn’t be worn daily. It’s just something to think about.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @SimoneDi ! So many yummy options! Will keep an eye out for a pre-loved sapphire Legacy. :razz:

Good plan. I like the new sapphire and diamond thin band that you got as well, although it is more delicate.

If you have your heart on a T&Co. band, I definitely wound recommend that you get an original, either new or preloved. I went though a similar predicament and at the end, no other band was the same, so I bit the bullet.

I would also recommend (if you haven’t already) try the all diamond legacy kits to confirm your preference.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ugh, I'm boring. I don't know what fancy setting I want yet so I ordered the plain 2mm knife edge in platinum for now.

Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 4.21.49 PM.png

https://www.tiffany.com/jewelry/rings/tiffany-wedding-band-GRP00379/

I thought it would be fun to have a Tiffany wedding band. However, the 6 prong head of my e-ring is platinum from Whiteflash but the shank is 14k white gold from Blue Nile. I could get a matching 14k knife edge band from Blue Nile for an exact match but I don't want to have to replate TWO rings. Do you think the platinum will clash with the 14k white gold e-ring shank?

BN knife edge available in 14k white gold or platinum.
https://www.bluenile.com/knife-edge-wedding-band-platinum_34241

What a mishmosh engagement set!

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results