Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Baguettes proportional?

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
I know it is hard to tell from this picture, but does this combo work? The setting originally held a 2.83 ec. It is my mom's. I was wondering if I could set my new mrb in the setting. I was thinking of resetting the ec into something different to make it my own. Not sure whether the proportions look ok. The mrb is a 1.67, so much smaller of course. Here is a picture . Thanks everyone!! 20210125_135104.jpg

lulu_ma

Shiny_Rock
I know it is hard to tell from this picture, but does this combo work? The setting originally held a 2.83 ec. It is my mom's. I was wondering if I could set my new mrb in the setting. I was thinking of resetting the ec into something different to make it my own. Not sure whether the proportions look ok. The mrb is a 1.67, so much smaller of course. Here is a picture . Thanks everyone!! 20210125_135104.jpg

Beautiful mrb. To my eye, the baguettes look a little too long for the round stone.

lulu_ma

Shiny_Rock
Thanks @Mlh ! The carat weight is almost identical to your mom’s.

Look forward to seeing how you will set the ec!

Slick1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I kinda love it. Especially since it was your moms. ❤️
Would I chose shorter bags if I were making new? Most likely yea! But you already have this gorgeous heirloom setting. I’d use it! Beautiful stone.

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
I kinda love it. Especially since it was your moms. ❤️
Would I chose shorter bags if I were making new? Most likely yea! But you already have this gorgeous heirloom setting. I’d use it! Beautiful stone.

Thanks @Slick1 !! It would be nice to use her setting....but only if it works. Plus, if I upgrade at some point, it could work then. So all is not lost :)

AnastasiaBeaverhausen

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @Slick1 !! It would be nice to use her setting....but only if it works. Plus, if I upgrade at some point, it could work then. So all is not lost :)

I say have your MRB set in the heirloom setting and enjoy it for a while. If and when you decide to upgrade, it should be pretty easy to re-mount another stone on it (or change the...head?).

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.