shape
carat
color
clarity

Bad Taste left in Mouth

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
warm applie pie with melted cheddar cheese, please.....yum!

MoZo

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
movie zombie|1289090886|2757146 said:
warm applie pie with melted cheddar cheese, please.....yum!

MoZo

Ooooo yes! With a big mug of hot black coffee, ahhhhhhhhhh :))

iLander

Ideal_Rock
:wavey: CRASRU :wavey:

I'm confused, with your question:

"And since I do not want the other stone either (and maybe he still has the rough, so you can call him)... iLander, may I ask you the specs of your emerald? Maybe I can have more laugh today. "

I did buy an emerald from Dana, a small one, 5 x 7. I know he had 2 others, is that what you're talking about? :confused:

I'd love to help, just don't know what you mean . . .

iLander

Ideal_Rock
:wavey: :wavey: CHRONO, DANA, CRASRU, :wavey: :wavey:

I'm sorry you're having a bad day.

That's all it is.

Very soon this will all start to fade, and then you will know none of this matters.

Because it doesn't.

I heard a saying that reminds me how silly and trivial things really are: "The graveyard is full of indispensable men".

It's morbid, but it does point out that many have come before us and that they, and their myriad everyday problems and issues, are at rest now. And none of it mattered.

None of this matters . . .

We will all (well, at least I will) continue to value all of you and your many contributions to our little community. :bigsmile:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1289096309|2757198 said:
:wavey: :wavey: CHRONO, DANA, CRASRU, :wavey: :wavey:

I'm sorry you're having a bad day.

That's all it is.

Very soon this will all start to fade, and then you will know none of this matters.

Because it doesn't.

I heard a saying that reminds me how silly and trivial things really are: "The graveyard is full of indispensable men".

It's morbid, but it does point out that many have come before us and that they, and their myriad everyday problems and issues, are at rest now. And none of it mattered.

None of this matters . . .

We will all (well, at least I will) continue to value all of you and your many contributions to our little community. :bigsmile:

Well said Ilander! :))

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As I'm reading this, I'm struck by how much it sounds like the spats of close friends or family - in the midst of the disagreement, the issues are extremely significant, emotionally and morally, and there is a pivotal point at which one decides whether an irrevocable line has been crossed, or whether to move on and continue the relationship.

As a relative newcomer, I am impressed by the ability to apologize and by the level of concern and respect (mostly) demonstrated by the PS family, the cutters, buyers, vendors and others in the trade. As someone who likes to have my family close and happy, I hope that the choice of all involved is to move on and continue the relationship.

-Minou

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander - forget my question. I got an email from Dana. He is really in a tough situation, in some ways we are even in the same boat and I wish him well. He seems to have his hands full, means well and is just overwhelmed at this time. It is hard to always be on time when you have so many thngs going on in your life. He is very sensitive, serious, takes things close to heart and definitely did not understand my joke. So it is fine on my side, and, hopefully, on his, too.
It is a lesson to me as well. When I was making that post I was in a very good mood, but everyone got so much on my case that I got on the defensive and that put me in a bad mood and I poured all of it over - I did not plan to. So I'll try to be more serious here, stones are just a hobby to me and I forget that for many people here, it is a more serious business and I should respect it more, like everyone would respect my field of knowledge. Enjoy your Sunday, I plan to enjoy mine. =)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I received an email of apology from Dana and since he has stated on PS that he will no longer respond to this thread, I will also let this be my last unless we branch off to something else. I wish his past and existing customers continued satisfaction with their transaction and purchases.

What I write below is only clarify a few things which a few PSers think I have done unfairly:

1. 2 month wait
I have do not have an issue with a 2 month wait. If it even took 3 months, I am fine with that. The thing that I was not happy about is not meeting a promised date on a consistent basis. A promised date of 1 week is given to select a suitable piece of rough. At the end of 1 week and a few days, there was no email. I had to email to inquire of the status. A new promised date of another week is given. Rinse and repeat until an entire month is over. Then from there, the same is repeated for the cutting of the rough. If I had been told upfront that he is busy for whatever reason (family illness, needs more time to coordinate with Dr. Weaver, other stones orders ahead of mine) and needs more time, I understand and will not contact you further until the appointed time. If I am told I will hear something back in one week, I have every right to expect to hear an update in one week. If he needed a whole month, then please be truthful with me and say you need a month, not a week as the expectation has already been set for a week.

2. Price
We both made an error with too many presumptions on both our parts with regards to this. Dana and any other vendor are free to set their price points as they feel is fair. I do not begrudge them that and how they chose to run their own business. Whether I agree with it or not is a personal matter.

3. Pulling of the plug - change of mind to keep the stone
Perhaps I should start a new topic on this as this is a new one to me. I know of many lapidaries who keep a select few gemstones for their personal collection. That's great and I respect that. I know that Barry of ACS does this too. However, from my experience, he does this without first advertising the stone for sale to a client, then retracts the sale and decides to keep it for himself. This is the part I do not understand and probably will never understand. :nono: It would have gone down better if he'd made this decision early in the rough selection process rather than at the end. If the price I offered is too low, he is definitely in the position to decline. I was then going to accept his initial offer but even that choice has been taken away abruptly from me with his decision to keep the stone for himself.

As this is the end of this topic (it is not a bash fest and nobody has done so :appl: ), I am moving forward. I hope this fair and open discussion will encourage others to share their not so good experience with other vendors, and not just the good experiences. Thank you for allowing to share mine with an open mind.

I will also leave this on a sweet note - I am in the process of concluding a transaction with a vendor quite new to PS. He has gone above and beyond in terms of service and customer satisfaction. His knowledge of his gems is phenomenal and his selection of gems are great and ranges from mid-level to the extremely fine. Once the transaction is completed, I will share his name and post as many decent pictures as possible. :naughty:

ETA
Most PSers might already know this but I do not divulge that I am a PSer to a vendor, and definitely do not tell them that I am Chrono. It is both unfair to the vendor and myself because I believe that everyone should be treated equally.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some people have poor knowledge of PS, and to them Chrono may be even misleading. I might admit, when I first came here, I thought you chose your name because of age and you were the oldest of all PS-ers! (Seriously!) I was very much surprised to see your hand shots! Can't wait to hear about this new vendor!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results