shape
carat
color
clarity

Baby Bling Christmas thread - BGD Baby Bezels

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The occasion for the giving of these came exactly a month before Christmas ... and the giving itself occurred precisely at the halfway point between then and now ... and, well, on a lazy Monday immediately following the holiday, what better way to while away an hour than with a reveal!

So, almost exactly 9 months to the day before my baby's birth, it was my birthday, and I had my ears pierced a few more times each, something I'd been wanting to do since I was, oh, a teenager. Carpe diem! https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/for-her-birthday-circe-got.156890/ I got little graduated star studs, which I adored - there were only two little problems. First, I felt sort of OCD about the fact that I couldn't wear any of my gold jewelry without it clashing a little bit, and, second ... the damned holes just would not heal. My doctor wasn't sure if it was because I was on blood thinners for the pregnancy, or because of a metal allergy. Soooooo ... when the time came to choose a baby present, while I dithered and dithered about what to get, my husband came up with a very sensitive idea on his own: earrings I wouldn't have to fuss about! So we decided to go for graduated bezels in yellow and rose gold to go with my beloved ID Jewelry milgrained bezel studs.

My IDJ studs are 1.43 tcw, measuring 6.5 mm each. I researched and plotted kind of obsessively. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/75-to-26-to-12-for-graduated-bezel-earrings-y-n.167711/ While the place where I got the piercing done, Venus by Maria Tash, does bezeled diamonds, they're kinda pricey for what you get, and the sizes seemed like they'd be disproportionately small compared to the IDJ ones. On the other hand, Brian Gavin Diamond's preset studs? Absolutely perfect. Though they were only offering the preset studs in WG at the time, they were really wonderful about accommodating my request that the studs be done in RG and YG ... and that they have fluorescence! And the graduation, for anybody thinking along similar lines, is perfect: .75 to .25 to .12 is a perfect line, visually. So without further ado ....

8431_BrianGavin_RoseYellowBezel2b_110711.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A few earshots - I love that you can really see the strong blue fluorescence in some of these! And in indoor shots during a NY winter, no less!

Graduated earrings PS 1.jpg

Graduated earrings PS2.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Another fluor shot ....

Graduated earrings with fluor!.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Because I'm kind of a dweeb, I was a little crestfallen that we hadn't had a Hallmark moment of giftiness in the hospital. When I mentioned that to my husband (hormones! I blame the hormones!) he "recreated" it for me, with the addition of presentation-by-baby:

Graduated earrings PS 3.jpg

BGD Baby.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Cat got in on it, too:

BGD Feline.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So, yeah: in short, things turned out awesome. BGD has awesome prices and awesome quality and awesome customer support (when they heard that these were a baby gift, they sent along a beautiful soft presentation blanket in their signature orange - the baby adores it), and I love the new earrings. Happy holidays, folks!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on the baby, the bling, and what looks to be a mighty delish breakfast (fried eggs, turkey and baguette?) :appl:

The three earrings are graduated perfectly, and I love how they are all different colored golds - easy to match EVERYTHING!

Baby 1 (kitty) and baby 2 are perfect little models! :saint:

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful graduation Circe! I'm so glad you got what you wanted, and, of course, a healthy baby!! Congratulations on every level imaginable!!!
congrats.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awesome!

And how do your .75ct each studs have a spread of 6.5mm?? Or does that include the bezels?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dreamer_D|1324926255|3088769 said:
Awesome!

And how do your .75ct each studs have a spread of 6.5mm?? Or does that include the bezels?

Yep, exactly! Stones are 5.9, and the delicate-looking bezels add almost half a mm. All the ugly details are in the obsessive deciding-on-proportions thread ....

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The earrings are lovely and congratulations on the safe delivery of your baby! I love the picture of him with the earrings (and the cat, too!)!

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I literally said, "Awwww" out loud as I was reading your thread. How sweet of your husband! I remember reading in a different thread about how the "presentation" didn't go off quite right the first time and then your inlaws were going to be coming to town, etc. Your hubs totally did it up right this time! I love your earrings, they are perfect! They look great on your ears. And, congratulations on a beautiful baby boy. He is precious!!! :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is such a sweet story, Circe! I love your earrings - what an incredibly intelligent idea DH had - an earring in each of the gold colours!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: (clearly, when left to their own devices, the DH's of the world can really surprise us every now and again...!!)

They look beautiful in your ears, love the graduated sizes. And your kitty - what a gorgeous little bundle of fluffy white fur!!... and speaking of bundles --- LOOK AT YOUR LITTLE SON holding Mommy's earrings!!!OMG!!!! :halo: :love: :halo: :bigsmile: So precious!!

Enjoy and wear them in health - hopefully you are off all medication now and you can get down to a bit more of the bubbly - not the diet coke kind!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your baby is beautiful! Congratulations! :appl: Love the earrings, too! :love:

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
what a cute baby! and yay for more bling! :love: :love: :appl:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww... that is so sweet. Your baby is precious, your kitty is precious. Your earrings look fabulous on you, Circe. Congratulations all around!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks great!!!! Congrats on the newest addition to your family and the newest additions to your bling Fam! :)

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! Your pics have resparked my interest in getting my ears double-pierced. I really love the look of the bezels. Congrats on the bambino, too!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look brilliant!! Love the baby and kitty shots too of course, you are so lucky!! Congrats all around!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Love them! And I never tire of seeing your 1.43's either since we're pretty much earring twins. :)

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Love Love Love this whole thread!! Your beautiful baby, your amazing earrings (and in 3 different colors of gold?? Marvelous!!), and what a sweet kitty! I LOVE your earrings, they're just perfect! Great choice!!

ETA: Also further confirms the fact that I need to get a pair of 1/2 btw studs for my second holes :) They really look just perfect together!!

emeraldcity

Rough_Rock
All babies should arrive clutching diamond earrings for Mommy haha! Hubby and I both cracked up over your pictures.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe!! Congrats - on baby, and on your new earrings!!!
:appl:

The graduation is perfect - and I gotta say I'm loving the mixed metals! It suits you so well :bigsmile:

BGD Baby is a handsome lil' guy, too :sun:

I give the blanket a week before it's covered in white fur

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Aw! They look great, and I adore the presentation by baby. :D

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
My favorite part is the different metals! It's such a subtle touch but really pretty. Congrats on a beautiful set!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty bezels!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous earrings Circe! Love the mixed metals :love:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love them, Circe. They're beautiful. Congratulations!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Enjoy! P.S. Did you ever get any turquoise studs?? I like the Tiffany ones! :naughty:

cheers--Sharon

LibraryLady79

Rough_Rock
I just recently can across your thread. I love your earrings and I have decided I would like a pair of the .25ctw rose gold bezel studs. I logged on to brian Gavin's website and they only offer the baby bezels in WG. So can I ask, was there a significant difference in price having them made in rose gold? I also tried whiteflash but was given and estimate of $800-$900, which I read you also mentioned they were expensive when you had considered purchasing some from them as well. I also contacted IDJ. Are there any other vendors you would recommend? I am planning on buying a DBTY bracelet in rose gold in the future and I would like these earrings to match.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results