shape
carat
color
clarity

For her birthday, Circe got ....

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
... something she's wanted since she was 15!

Was it a pony? No.

Was it tickets to see Liz Phair? No (though, that would still be cool).

Was it multiple piercings? Oh, yes, children. Yes, indeed.

When I was in my teens, my folks were tremendously conservative, so while I managed to get away with the Goth thing, I was strongly discouraged from any kind of permanent body modification. And when I was in my twenties, I was in grad. school, and tremendously concerned with looking as vanilla as possible so as to maximize my chances of finding gainful employment. And now that I'm in my 30s, and pretty happy with things, and realizing that the most important person I need to please is myself? I am letting my freak flag fly. So, I got my ears pierced twice more on each side!

I now have two little stars with teeny-tiny diamonds to gleam alongside my studs. Piercing done and earrings purchased from Venus by Maria Tash in NYC: my piercer was a deeply cool lady named Ashley, and I'd recommend them highly. They also have these adorable milgrained baby bezels that I may be angling for in the future .... :twisted:

Hey, P.S. - I remember there was a "Show Me Your Multiple Earrings" thread out there somewhere, but I'm danged if I can find it. Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Left Ear.jpg

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Preeeety!! Happy birthday!

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Birthday, Circe! Nice choice! They look fantastic and, oh look, more places to wear diamonds!!!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woohooo, Happy Birthday to you Circe! I love my 3 piercings per lobe, its's so much fun to mix up earrings! I love the teensy weensy stars, they are adorable! :love:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Very nice!

Ganesha

Shiny_Rock
very pretty! happy birthday, circe!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Happy birthday! Get on with your bad self and rock those little studs!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Happy birthday, Circe! I love your new piercings and baby studs--they look awesome on you. I have two holes in each ear, and I love mixing up my earring combinations.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! They look great!! I have 3 lobe piercings too, in addition to a few other interesting ear ones :) Happy Birthday! I love your adorable new earrings!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh, that looks really pretty circe! Happy birthday!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty circe. Happy Birthday!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOVE 'em!

And happy birthday!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
I love the tiny stars!!! :love: :love: :love:

I also have ........ err......... more holes per ear than the Army approves of, but I don't try to get away with having them all filled when I'm on duty. If you find that thread I got some pics to add to it. :bigsmile:

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Happy birthday! Love them....all of them! :) I just found the thread for your studs as I was planning my studs a couple weeks back and followed in your footsteps. Thanks for the inspiration!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Happy Birthday Circe! The stars look great! What a fun gift for yourself. 8)

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
happy birthday circe!

i too have 3 holes in each ear, since the age of 15!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Circe honey, those are so darned adorable! Happy HAPPY birthday!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
They look cool. Happy birthday.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, happy birthday, and I love those earrings! So cool!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Circe - which sizes did you get? I just looked at the Maria Tash website b/c I really like those earrings and want to get an idea of which ones would be good for my ears. Thanks!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks so much, guys! Unfortunately, my eagle-eyed husband pointed out that the piercings in one ear were a little "off" as compared to the piercings in the ear-shot I posted, so I would up yanking them out that night (might I say, ''ow") ... I'm planning to go in this weekend to get them redone, as two weeks of healing have me basically good as new.

Having asymmetrical ears for those two weeks have really given me a new perspective on multiple piercings, though: as if I needed another reason to love them, I feel like having them next to my studs makes my studs look bigger, even on my ginormous elephant lobes. Perspective matters!

MC, I think Maria Tash only has one size in these styles: I got the Nova-style stars, and the .024 five-pointed stars (I don't see them on the website, curiously enough). And, yep, I'm pretty sure that the 3mm milgrained studs are going on my wishlist - they had surprising presence in person, and I'm damned if I can find anybody else who carries such small sizes (point me in the right direction if you know anyone).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results