shape
carat
color
clarity

AVC versus the Perry Sourced (Leon Mege) Chunky Cushion

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
rosetta said:
Thank you so much missdebby! Great cut and colour comparison there. I've decided a J is not for me.

You really cannot judge color very well from photos. The J in these pics looks much more tinted than my J in real life, for example. If you have not seen stones in person, you should do it before making up your mind.

Missy, not knocking your photography at all lady! Ya just can't get a feel for color in pics.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Wow! This thread is some serious bling ****! I'm drooling! :lickout:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D said:
rosetta said:
Thank you so much missdebby! Great cut and colour comparison there. I've decided a J is not for me.

You really cannot judge color very well from photos. The J in these pics looks much more tinted than my J in real life, for example. If you have not seen stones in person, you should do it before making up your mind.

Missy, not knocking your photography at all lady! Ya just can't get a feel for color in pics.

Point taken dreamer. But even in real life if I'm honest with myself, I want a G/H. I might go with a J, but only if I can get it over the 3 ct mark then!

I do love the very low colours though but not for my e ring.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
rosetta said:

Can't wait to tell you my preferences... but I thought I'd hold off until I could get more pics done and write up other parts of the review. I also didn't want to potentially affect anyone's opinions by offering my own to quickly. I'm so glad this helped you :bigsmile:

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer_D said:
Debby the relative size difference and cleanliness difference between the two diamonds will account for a lot of the difference in performance you see. Larger facets = bigger bolder light return :))

Thanks for the info, my dearest dreamer! I'm really gonna try today to even out the playing field. Plus, I have some props that I thnk you'll especially like :naughty:

-Debs

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Mmmmmm Godiva Chocolate!
Sorry thats all the useful comments I can make in this thread. Enjoy all three of your beautiful diamonds, IMO drawing conclusions about diamond cut from diamonds that are 50% different in size holds no weight for me.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Hey CCL, just wanted to personally thank you again for all your help while I was deciding. You're a real asset to PS and all of us learning about this amazing diamond type.

so from a Grasshopper to the Shaolin Master, many many thanks

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Maybe I should reserve my opinion until I see the new props Debby plans to use, lol!

Is it fair to say that I like the shape of the Leon cushion with the table, etc. of the AVC??? I prefer the slightly more rectangular cushion to the square shape cushion purely because I think it elongates my short, stubby fingers better!

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE comparison threads and this is one of the best!! Thank you for being such a diamond nut. Really, truly.

So I'm dying to hear your thoughts and am completely intrigued by the teaser you've already given us about the fire in the Leon. Both stones appeal to me for different reasons. As someone else said, the AVC is fun as heck - it's pillowy and juicy and yummy. The Leon cushion *appears* more sleek in the photos, a little more crisp. It's a stone that could feel at home in any setting - modern, traditional, etc. Of course it totally kills with the Frenchies, as you know.

The AVC has the edge for me, but not by a ton.

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Both are beautiful but i LOVE higher crown of the AVC. I also like the facets of the AVC a little better.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Miss Debby, what do you think? Do you find they perform visibly differently? I'd be very interested to hear some of your thoughts, I think deciding between an AVC and a true antique is one that many chunky-cushion purchases will make, and probably many have trouble with it!

My eye is drawn first to your ring - the stone is bigger, and the RING itself is just too beautiful to not take centrestage.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How could anyone choose! They are both gorgeous!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
The decision here is between an AVC versus a Generic newly cut chunky cushion.

If we are throwing in a true old cut cushion too ... oh boy ... we are opening a huge can of worms!

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
OK Folks! More pictures and a little more information for you...

The ring center stone:
E 1.01 VS2 Cushion Brilliant
6.49 x 5.96 x 3.86
61% across the top (table?)
cutlet - very small
****** I paid $5100... an AVC E 1.05 SI1 on the GOG site right now is $6086, but it's not a good match... a better match is the 1.01 F SI1 for $6220 *****

AVC stud:
J .427 VS1 Cushion Brilliant
4.51 x 4.25 x 2.93
48.8% across the top
cutlet - large

And Pics. These are just each guy alone. I tried to clean them best I could and get fire as best I could. I'll let them do the talking:

IMG_1286.jpg

IMG_1285.jpg

IMG_1283.jpg

IMG_1280.jpg

IMG_1277.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_1275.jpg

IMG_1271.jpg

IMG_1270.jpg

IMG_1268.jpg

IMG_1264.jpg

IMG_1262.jpg

IMG_1260.jpg

IMG_1258.jpg

IMG_1255.jpg

sparklyforever

Shiny_Rock
I really love your ring.
love the center stone
the setting
the prongs

whole thing is fantastic.

enjoy it

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D said:
Both are lovely of course!

Even though it is smaller and not facing the camera in all the shots, my eye is drawn to the ACV. I like its slight warmth, the higher crown makes the face look more 3D to me, and the facet pattern appeals to my eye.

Nail, meet head.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
My eyes are drawn to the AVC every time, although both are truly gorgeous. The faceting of the AVC just makes me fall in love each time I see it.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Here is my take - I love the AVC and everything about it but I think they are dirty or something .. I keep seeing specs that are distracting me. I don't think they are inclusions since it is a VS1. On the other hand, your e-ring is so well done and the whole setup really attracts me to it. Maybe if I crop out the e-ring and just look at the stones then I can judge just the stones.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
CharmyPoo said:
Here is my take - I love the AVC and everything about it but I think they are dirty or something .. I keep seeing specs that are distracting me. I don't think they are inclusions since it is a VS1. On the other hand, your e-ring is so well done and the whole setup really attracts me to it. Maybe if I crop out the e-ring and just look at the stones then I can judge just the stones.

This could be the other AVC which is a VS2, if that makes a difference.

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not really sure you can make any comparisons through these photos, although, don't get me wrong - I love the ring p*rn (Keep posting pics if you have them, missy). Their sizes are so different and I'm not liking the tint in the J (from the photos). BUT that's from our perspective (sitting in front of a computer ogling your bling). I'm really interested, however, in hearing what You think - having them in your hot little hands.

Let's hear the run down!

Swedeabroad

Rough_Rock
I like them both! Your e-ring looks stunning in that delicate setting. May I ask where you had it done? How wide is the band?
I'm going to upgrade my current e-ring and probably have Leon Mege do my new setting.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Swedeabroad said:
I like them both! Your e-ring looks stunning in that delicate setting. May I ask where you had it done? How wide is the band?
I'm going to upgrade my current e-ring and probably have Leon Mege do my new setting.

Hey Swede! Just commented on your questions over on the Just Got My Leon thread. :bigsmile:

chicky monkey

Shiny_Rock
I guess I'm the only one who prefers the Leon sourced stone.

I would take the earrings though!

The shape of the Leon is natural, organic and "real" to me. The AVC looks manufactured and somehow....fake? I don't know if that's the right word.

And I prefer an elongated cushion which also draws me to the the Leon stone.

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
hey miss debby!!

congrats on your stunning pieces!! thanks for sharing with us all this way - it is great to see some real life shots to compare and drool

:tongue:

as an owner of an old cut with a teeny weeny tiny table (39%) I am naturally drawn to the AVC...

(and on a side note I ADORE the french cuts on your ring)

:love: :love: :love:

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for looking and sharing your thoughts. I've started a new thread with my own 2 cents. (I know, finally huh?!?)

Currently, it's in SMTB, but on consideration, I thought it would be more appropriate in Rocky Talky, so I asked the administrators to move it.

If you want to check it out it's at
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...eview-perry-cushion-vs-gog-avc-w-pics.147506/

Please jump right in and comment. It's gonna be a long post cause there's so much to say about these cushion babydolls :bigsmile:

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
chicky monkey said:
I guess I'm the only one who prefers the Leon sourced stone.

I would take the earrings though!

The shape of the Leon is natural, organic and "real" to me. The AVC looks manufactured and somehow....fake? I don't know if that's the right word.

And I prefer an elongated cushion which also draws me to the the Leon stone.

I like your description chicky monkey :loopy: Ditto

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results