shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW AVC + AVR Bezel Eternity Band by BGD!

Discussion in 'Show Me the Bling! (Rings,Earrings,Jewelry)' started by LittleSparkle, Sep 27, 2011.

Tags:
  1. LittleSparkle
    Shiny_Rock

by LittleSparkle » Sep 27, 2011
    Hi all! After receiving my amazeballs AVC e-ring, I decided that I would be wearing my e-ring and future w-band on separate hands so as to avoid damaging my e-ring (I also think it is so pretty that it ought to stand alone!). I planned to wear my wedding band with a very narrow plain band and really wanted something unique and of the diamond eternity variety. I was also leaning towards bezels and milgraining so that the band had a little something in common with my e-ring. I did a lot of band-browsing and found that I just wasn't in love with any of the bezel bands out there. I also really liked the idea of having a one of a kind wedding band. So I did what any crazy Pricescoper would do and built my own dream band!

Step 1: Got in touch with the fabulous Marie at Good Old Gold and explained that my one AVC just wasn't enough ( :love: ) and that I wanted to buy many, many more. 12, to be specific. :loopy: A hand-selected mix of AVCs and AVRS, all around .25 ct.

Step 2: Emailed Lesley at Brian Gavin Diamonds. I've worked with Lesley and BGD a number of times in the past and just adore them and really wanted them to be involved in the project. I drew up a few sketches of how I wanted the band to look (light on the metal, heavy on the sparkle, a pinch of milgraining for good flavor...) and sent those off. The project ended up being a bit complicated due to the various shapes/sizes of my AVC/AVR mix, but Lesley and Brian were incredibly patient and helpful and painstakingly designed the perfect band. Lesley was fantastic, as usual, and answered every email and even sent me progress shots.

Step 3: Waited impatiently for my band to be complete. Last night I received an email from Lesley informing me that the band was complete and that sneak peek shots were on their way. The band will not arrive until later this week, but I couldn't wait to share the pictorial journey with my Pricescopers.

Here are a few early shots of my new band! Will post the sneak peek shots as soon as they arrive and hand shots later in the week. And then the band gets locked away for months and months until the big day!

my stones.jpg

CAD 1.jpg

CAD 2.jpg

CAD 3.jpg

2. LittleSparkle
    Shiny_Rock

Then the wax model w/ a few stones...

BrianGavin_Wax2_091611.jpg

BrianGavin_Wax1b_091611.jpg

3. motownmama
    Ideal_Rock

by motownmama » Sep 27, 2011
    VERY COOL ring!!!!!!

4. moosemom
    Shiny_Rock

by moosemom » Sep 27, 2011
    Wow LittleSparkle - your are going to be "SuperHumungousSparkle" once you get that baby on her hand! It looks beautiful in the glamour shot. I can't wait to see more pictures. You have awesome taste. :appl:

5. minmin001
    Ideal_Rock

by minmin001 » Sep 27, 2011
    what a cool ring. can't wait to see the hand shots! :appl:

6. Bella_mezzo
    Ideal_Rock

by Bella_mezzo » Sep 27, 2011
    I can't wait to see the IRL hand shots. That is going to be an awesome ring!!!

7. Bella_mezzo
    Ideal_Rock

by Bella_mezzo » Sep 27, 2011
    I can't wait to see the IRL hand shots. That is going to be an awesome ring!!!

8. ame
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by ame » Sep 27, 2011
    :lickout:

9. Circe
    Ideal_Rock
    Trade

by Circe » Sep 27, 2011
    Hubba, hubba! That is looking to be one fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine bezeled eternity band!

Um.

::shakes head::

Sorry, I don't know HOW I just turned into one of the guys who hands out the smarmy compliments - but if they're half as sincere as I am, suddenly, I feel much more kindly disposed to them ....

10. slg47
    Ideal_Rock

by slg47 » Sep 27, 2011
    wow! it looks amazing!! i can't wait to see real life shots and handshots! really cool design!

are you really going to be able to resist wearing it though? when is the big day?

11. JuneRose
    Brilliant_Rock

by JuneRose » Sep 27, 2011
    WOWZA! I didn't scroll down to see the pictures straight away... but I was already drooling as you were describing it, what a ring!

12. LittleSparkle
    Shiny_Rock

motownmama-thank you!!
    moosemom-and I can't wait to see your AVC in its new home! :naughty:
    minmin001 and Bella_mezzo-I also can't wait to see, and take, hand shots! I've been checking my email every 2.5 minutes to see if the glamour shots have arrived...
    ame-thank you :twirl:
    Circe-on behalf of my bezel band, thank you for the smarmy comment! Snorted when I read this one...
    slg47 and JuneRose- thank you for the lovely comments! I don't know that I will be able to resist wearing the band so I will be promptly locking it into the safe deposit box, safely out of my house/hands. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to wait until June to take it out from under lock and key. I had the band created a bit early because I rushed to buy the first parcel of tiny AVCs/AVRS when they became available since I wasn't sure when the next batch would arrive. I was also a bit worried about the next diamond price hike preventing me from creating my dream band...

13. LittleSparkle
    Shiny_Rock

Final shots are here!! Now I just have to wait for the package to arrive tomorrow... :appl: :appl:

BrianGavin_CushionBand1_082711.jpg

BrianGavin_CushionBand3_082711.jpg

14. iheartscience
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by iheartscience » Sep 27, 2011
    WOW! It's going to be GORGEOUS. Please tell me you'll post the sneak peek shots for us to ogle even though you can't wear it until June!

ETA I posted too soon! WOW I LOVE IT GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Wear it in good health! (And good luck not wearing that beauty until June! :cheeky: )

15. Amys Bling
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Amys Bling » Sep 27, 2011
    Wowza!! Wear it in good health!

16. tyty333
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by tyty333 » Sep 27, 2011
    OMG Amazing! I cant wait to see hand shots!

17. pixies
    Shiny_Rock

by pixies » Sep 27, 2011
    I definitely don't have that sort of will power.

I bet this will be a show-stopper. I can't wait for hand shots!!!!

18. OCgirl
    Brilliant_Rock

by OCgirl » Sep 27, 2011
    :o :o :o

Simply stunning!

19. Asscherhalo_lover
    Ideal_Rock
    Trade

20. Joolz
    Rough_Rock

by Joolz » Sep 27, 2011
    Stunning, I am looking forward to hand shots!

21. Skippy123
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Skippy123 » Sep 27, 2011
    looking gorgeous

22. Tuckins1
    Ideal_Rock

by Tuckins1 » Sep 27, 2011
    Oh my lord, it's GORGEOUS!!! :love:

23. Sparklelu
    Brilliant_Rock

by Sparklelu » Sep 27, 2011
    Beautiful! Beautiful!! Wear it in good health,bet you cant wait for June!

24. stargurl78
    Ideal_Rock

by stargurl78 » Sep 27, 2011
    Oh my Lorrrd that is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

What a unique piece. Please do come back with handshots once you receive it!

25. catwalk82
    Shiny_Rock

by catwalk82 » Sep 27, 2011
    Perfection!!! :cheeky:

26. luv2sparkle
    Ideal_Rock

by luv2sparkle » Sep 27, 2011
    Oh my gosh, that is stunning!!!!!!! Holy Cow, you can't wear it till June? That is cruel and unusual punishment! What did you do to deserve
    such treatment? Oh I get it, you won't get married till June. Still, too hard for me!

27. mesmerized
    Rough_Rock

by mesmerized » Sep 27, 2011
    When I saw the first photos I was thinking wow this is totally unique! Then I scrolled down and saw the wax mold and thought I love to see the progress.
    Then seeing the finished ring – it's wow that is so beautiful and boy the milgrain is spectacular and really showcases the diamonds. The milgrain seems to be made for this ring. Perfection.

28. Matata
    Ideal_Rock

by Matata » Sep 27, 2011
    Dayaaaam, that gave me a hot flash. Eagerly awaiting hand shots. Congrats!

29. MrsM
    Shiny_Rock

by MrsM » Sep 27, 2011
    Wow--lucky you to have both AVRs and AVCs. This is really going to sparkle on your finger...can't wait to see the handshot!!

30. mitsui4
    Brilliant_Rock

by mitsui4 » Sep 28, 2011
    It is really unique and I am sure is one of a kind!! Do post many handshots after you received it together with your E-ring!!
    You would definitely like it!!! Oh lovely!!