shape
carat
color
clarity

Authenticating Tiffany (again)

qwedsy

Rough_Rock
Sadly (and embarrassingly) I find myself again in a situation with a preloved "Tiffany" I find suspicious. Would you care to take a look at these pictures of the box and pouch and comment on whether there's any possibility of them being from Tiffany & Co.?

The actual item is a color by the yard bracelet with an aquamarine but the position of the text on both the box and the pouch raise my suspicions big time. As you can see they are not centered. The text on the pouch is shiny and looks like it has been printed or transferred on it like those cheap at home stuff where you can transfer a photo on a t-shirt with using a special paper and your printer. I've never seen a Tiffany pouch that was proven authentic so I've no idea if this is how they normally look? One of the pictures show a bit of the bracelet too. At this point though, I think if the packaging is fake then there's no hope with the bracelet either..

(There are no places where I'm at to take it to be authenticated by professionals so that's why I'm consulting PSers.)
Thanks for your help again. Any educated guesses are appreciated. :sick:

img_12378.jpg

img_12379.jpg

img_12380.jpg

img_12377.jpg

qwedsy

Rough_Rock
I can't seem to get the attachments right. Here's the one with the box.

img_12381.jpg

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
qwedsy, turning the pouch inside out & examining the seaming-stitching may confirm your suspicions. The fakes I've seen on eBay are never cut & sewn with the care and attention to detail reflected in Tiffany's pouches.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Try to only buy with original receipts or paperwork. I can't tell anything about the bracelet, but the box and pouch look suspicious. The box inside lining is coming loose and I don't think that would be the case with a real box. The pouch is poorly shaped and the stamp is not centered. There are known Tiffany sellers on ebay such as diamonddr16 that have a lot of positive feedback.

qwedsy

Rough_Rock
Thank you MollyMalone and DS, I appreciate the tips greatly. <3

I took some photos of the insides of the pouch. The seams look quite good to me, but as noted from the outside the whole pouch is ann odd shape.

I asked before if the seller had the original receipt, but she told me she had received this as a gift and thus didn't have a receipt. She seemed sure of the authenticity though.

img_12382.jpg

img_12383.jpg

img_12384.jpg

img_12385.jpg

qwedsy

Rough_Rock
Another one showing the bracelet.

img_12386.jpg

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello!
I have bought a lot of Tiffany from Ebay and both the markings on the bracelet and the sewing on the pouch looks authentic to me.
The bracelet is a bit tarnished.. I'm assuming it's silver?

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here a 3 pouches that I actually got from the Tiffany store.. the stitching looks the same.
I don't currently have any DBTY pieces but the markings on yours don't look suspect.
I'm certainly not an expert but it's just my opinion. :wavey:

img_12387.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please don't be embarrassed. You're trying, that's all! I bought 2 rings w/o paperwork (I know, I know).
It looks pretty good to me. How much was it?

jewels2

Shiny_Rock
Are you near a Tiffany store? They won't authenticate but if you ask them to clean it and they do then it is real. If they don't it's because it is fake. HTH

qwedsy

Rough_Rock
Rubies-R-Me : Yes, silver and came very tarnished. I haven't tried a polishing cloth on it yet. I've been too sad to look at the piece after I opened the package and felt everything wasn't ok. Though the seams on your pouches look about the same. And now that you commented on the bracelet itself possibly looking quite good.. I guess I could have a legit one then, hmm. :|

motownmama : Thank you for the kind words. I paid about 120 dollars including shipping. Which is quite exactly 120 dollars too much if.. :nono:

jewels2: I've heard about this method of authenticating Tiffany, but sadly I have no stores near me. None in the whole country actually.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results