shape
carat
color
clarity

August vintage inc.

Meowingtons

Rough_Rock
@SimoneDi, thanks for the link. I admit I was tempted. I am looking at something around 9+mm or so, so I am stalking loupe troop and DB in case anything comes up! If you see anything please let me know.

@AK29, did you receive your stone yet? I am looking to get a similar size, and can't wait to see what you think of yours!

AK29

Shiny_Rock
@SimoneDi, thanks for the link. I admit I was tempted. I am looking at something around 9+mm or so, so I am stalking loupe troop and DB in case anything comes up! If you see anything please let me know.

@AK29, did you receive your stone yet? I am looking to get a similar size, and can't wait to see what you think of yours!

Unfortunately the stone is delayed yet again...It’s been 8 weeks since I’ve ordered it. But when it does come I’ll surely post and tag you

Meowingtons

Rough_Rock
@AK29, that's a shame it's taking so long. It must have been incredibly frustrating to wait it out. I know I would be. Have they updated you on what's going on? What setting are you thinking of for your AV stone?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately the stone is delayed yet again...It’s been 8 weeks since I’ve ordered it. But when it does come I’ll surely post and tag you
I think our stones are in the same package lol.
I ordered mine May 29. Hopefully it arrives soon!

AK29

Shiny_Rock
I think our stones are in the same package lol.
I ordered mine May 29. Hopefully it arrives soon!

You ordered in May! Oh no...I do hope they end up arriving.
And yes, def. the same package. Did you get the wrong stone the first time too? Because a few weeks ago they almost sent out an OEC for me.

The latest update I got was they should get it on Monday now. Fingers crossed lol

AK29

Shiny_Rock
@AK29, that's a shame it's taking so long. It must have been incredibly frustrating to wait it out. I know I would be. Have they updated you on what's going on? What setting are you thinking of for your AV stone?

I think they are having production problems. Trying my best to be patient haha.

Im thinking 6 prong solitaire. I have a few diamond bands I want to pair it with- but we ll see what color the stone looks like face up (I ordered G-H hoping for more contrast/depth!) Will post LOTS of pictures when it comes! @SJEsper

Meowingtons

Rough_Rock
A 6 prong solitaire would look great! It's such a classic look. Good luck with the wait. Looking forward to the hand shots!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also an update on the asscher. Jon emailed to say the asscher that was delivered had some leakage under the table and he offered to have it redone. He was also very lovely and generous about setting it in my setting for me as appreciation for my patience as what was a 4 week custom cut order is likely to end up about 14 weeks lol. Luckily I’m in no hurry so I said that was all fine and good. I’d rather have an ideal cut asscher than settle.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Also an update on the asscher. Jon emailed to say the asscher that was delivered had some leakage under the table and he offered to have it redone. He was also very lovely and generous about setting it in my setting for me as appreciation for my patience as what was a 4 week custom cut order is likely to end up about 14 weeks lol. Luckily I’m in no hurry so I said that was all fine and good. I’d rather have an ideal cut asscher than settle.
I agree! I would have done the same thing! That’s nice to know he understands that it is a really long wait..but was honest that it had leakage under the table. Things happen...that’s life...but being honest and trying to make you happy is so important.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree! I would have done the same thing! That’s nice to know he understands that it is a really long wait..but was honest that it had leakage under the table. Things happen...that’s life...but being honest and trying to make you happy is so important.

Yeah it’s probably also good for business. Would probably not be great for them if I posted up wonky ASETs of it if they claim that it’s cut to expert standards. This is PS, we call it like we see it lol

I do appreciate the honesty and customer service though! He’s a gentleman for sure.

I’m looking forward to having all these well cut moissy to “test drive”. It lets me have more variety in rings and over time it’ll help me figure out which cut I like best for my big ol 40th bday project.:twisted2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah it’s probably also good for business. Would probably not be great for them if I posted up wonky ASETs of it if they claim that it’s cut to expert standards. This is PS, we call it like we see it lol

I do appreciate the honesty and customer service though! He’s a gentleman for sure.

I’m looking forward to having all these well cut moissy to “test drive”. It lets me have more variety in rings and over time it’ll help me figure out which cut I like best for my big ol 40th bday project.:twisted2:
Hahaha, I’m way older than you and I had/have the choice to upgrade but I chose to just keep my diamond..buy another diamond too and then went nuts with moissy stones. It’s addicting because you have the choice of $100k and $2k...They sparkle pretty much the same...will last a lifetime...It’s hard for me to justify spending the money on a diamond honker. I will keep my Libby...2.03 round brilliant diamond and cushion halo diamond rings..and buy one more diamond ring at some point..but preloved. I love all cuts so I could never settle on one...

AK29

Shiny_Rock

Similar story here: the stone that came in was a sample stone that was meant to be sent to someone else!
It was off in color (greenish) and the cutting looked splintery and unlike the other AV ideal rbs Ive seen (including the 8.5 mm I originally ordered in.) No idea when my actual stone will arrive.

Im getting a bit nervous that their production issues will prevent me from having the beautifully cut round I was expecting in the end. The images he showed me of this one was was way off..

For those of you who have ordered multiple stones from Jonathan, would you say the cut was consistent? @lovedogs @MakingTheGrade

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah the other two I have from him are great so I’m cautiously optimistic this is just bad luck. The other two times went super smoothly

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have two AVRs and they are both great performers and very white. Sorry you guys are struggling to get your orders in correctly. I want to say it’s worth it, because it was for me, but it’s frustrating I am sure...hoping they come soon!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love my emerald cut and round..They’re both white and are cut really well. It sounds like they have some recent issues...but I’m sure Jon will make sure you get what you ordered..

AK29

Shiny_Rock
@Slick1 @Mamabean @MakingTheGrade
I’m glad to hear you’ve all been happy with all of Jonathan’s stones. I’ll just sit tight and hope they can sort it all out :geek2:

I m actually glad he was so honest and told me the stone was off color and showed photos instead of just sending it out. I’d rather wait for a beautiful stone than rush for an average one.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Similar story here: the stone that came in was a sample stone that was meant to be sent to someone else!
It was off in color (greenish) and the cutting looked splintery and unlike the other AV ideal rbs Ive seen (including the 8.5 mm I originally ordered in.) No idea when my actual stone will arrive.

Im getting a bit nervous that their production issues will prevent me from having the beautifully cut round I was expecting in the end. The images he showed me of this one was was way off..

For those of you who have ordered multiple stones from Jonathan, would you say the cut was consistent? @lovedogs @MakingTheGrade
Both of mine are amazing. Very consistent in cut. I'm so surprised to hear about these issues!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Greetings my friends. Ugh yes ... I can't begin to tell you how frustrated my wife and I were with these last orders. When my wife called FedEx overseas apparently there was some abuses going on at customs which held things up. Then apparently the package goes enroute via France which was also delayed there as well. I think for CYA sake I should put 4-6 weeks in case anything like this ever happened again.

One step that I am personally taking on this front however is stocking more inventory so that the gems are readily available and NO WAIT. Honestly ... I can't thank you guys enough for your patiencee, patronage and understanding.

Warm regards,
Rhino

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock
While we're on the topic here peeps ... if I may ask... what shape/cuts is it you'd like to see be introduced in these products? All optically designed for top optics of course. I have prototypes I've put together, some that are absolutely amazing that I plan on introducing over the course of the year in diamond but would also make amazing moissy products to test the market with and much less expensive to experiment with. I'm curious to hear your input. You can list more than one of course but if you have a priority I'd love to see that too.

I am just discovering, (and very quickly becoming addicted to), August Vintage diamonds...
I was wondering about an Antique French Cut? Elongated is always my preference personally, but I think that would be stunning : )

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
I was wondering about an Antique French Cut? Elongated is always my preference personally, but I think that would be stunning : )
This is something I would be interested in! Especially elongated French cuts. :kiss2:

Mjohnson0717

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! I ordered my AV emerald cut about 5 weeks ago and I’m so excited! My AVEC will be colorless and approx. 9.6x7.4 with a 1.3:1 ratio. I know that orders are taking longer, and I’m patient, but I would love to see pictures and videos of your AVECs to hold me over until I get mine!

AK29

Shiny_Rock
update: the stone is HERE!!

Arrows are crisp and the clarity is even better than the 8.5mm I had originally ordered. In fact, this is the BEST clarity Ive seen yet! So crisp. He really outdid himself on the cut because it is the best Ive seen compared to AGS 000 and F1.

BUT it does have a greyish/ slight green tint. I ll show some pictures from the side view for now and will do more face up after work.

Here are the side view pics compared to an F1 G-H. AV is the first stone (closest to the camera) in both pics. I did it first in the silver holder then switched it to yellow so color cant be attributed to the holder...

Attachments

• IMG_0203.jpg
    IMG_0203.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0205.jpg
    IMG_0205.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 129

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don’t have a grey tint in either of mine too..What color did you order? Do you like it?

AK29

Shiny_Rock
I ordered a GH because the option for an FG wasn’t available to order online. I did mention I’d like an FG like the 8.5 I got originally which had no tint whatsoever.

I’m struggling on what to do. Vicki was very gracious and offered a refund if I wanted to return the stone but I’m afraid I’ll never get this beautiful cut and clarity in another stone lol.

If it faced up a bit yellow that would be fine! It just faces up a bit minty / faint aqua in real life. Very slight but perceivable. Let me try to get photos face up. I’m afraid the mint color could look moody

AK29

Shiny_Rock
Heres the face up. Its not as evident in photos (Iphone) but you can see the top stone (AV) has a minty tint. The arrows though are PERFECT. And the stone has incredible clarity. I always felt that diamonds looked like a mirror and moissanite was blurrier, but this stone is very mirror-like.

IMG_0252.jpg

AK29

Shiny_Rock
IMG_0228.jpg

Top stone (AV) has a minty/ faint aqua tint. LOVE the arrows though, extremely clear in all settings.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I ordered a GH because the option for an FG wasn’t available to order online. I did mention I’d like an FG like the 8.5 I got originally which had no tint whatsoever.

I’m struggling on what to do. Vicki was very gracious and offered a refund if I wanted to return the stone but I’m afraid I’ll never get this beautiful cut and clarity in another stone lol.

If it faced up a bit yellow that would be fine! It just faces up a bit minty / faint aqua in real life. Very slight but perceivable. Let me try to get photos face up. I’m afraid the mint color could look moody
I’ll just say...don’t settle...If you’re not completely in love with it then return it. I would love to see the photos. Maybe you can place the stone upside down on a white piece of paper next to your C&C f/g to see the color better..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results