shape
carat
color
clarity

August Vintage Ideal Cut MRB

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
Super helpful videos. Thank you. It's REALLY hard for me to tell the difference. I am a novice though. In the natural daylight video they look exactly the same.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super helpful videos. Thank you. It's REALLY hard for me to tell the difference. I am a novice though. In the natural daylight video they look exactly the same.

Definitely very very similar in daylight. More obvious differences in spot lighting. But as long as you’re not wearing it right next to a similarly large diamond in the same cut, most people probably wouldn’t notice it wasn’t a diamond.

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
Definitely very very similar in daylight. More obvious differences in spot lighting. But as long as you’re not wearing it right next to a similarly large diamond in the same cut, most people probably wouldn’t notice it wasn’t a diamond.
Jonathan's cuts are unbelievably beautiful. I actually ordered the vintage emerald cut and I'm so excited about it! Did I read you got one too?

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
Yes! I got a 1 ct because I want a tendon style setting. What size did you get?
I got 1.5 and I want to set it as a solitaire. I cannot wait!!! Is there a party emoji?!!! Ha ha ha.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got 1.5 and I want to set it as a solitaire. I cannot wait!!! Is there a party emoji?!!! Ha ha ha.

I know right?! I think if I love the cut I’ll consider getting a bigger size for a 3 or 5 stone :D

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
That was my logic too :p. Certainly the moissy cost much less!

I ended up ordering a 1ct G/H. The MRB is a F and I find it whiter than my F diamonds lol. I decided to go small due to the style of band I want it in.

I’m slowly building a collection of ering alternatives to my 5 stone diamond ring. The 2ct MRB for when I’m feeling like a big solitaire. The 5 stone most days and when I’m feeling flashy. And an AVEC semi bezel band for low key situations. Maybe even do a two ring stack for step cut glam.

The ring in the picture has a .6ct emerald that’s 5.6 x 4.1. The Avec will be a bit bigger at 6x5.

application_assets_catalog_products_all_PD373W-33_IMG_5948 copy.jpg

application_assets_catalog_products_new_PD373W.jpg
You helped me make a decision! I’m going to get a 2.5 carat or possibly 3 carat...I already have a 2 carat diamond and I would love to trade up but can’t because I would lose too much money. I can play with the moissy and get a feel for the size!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This cracked me up! You’re a physician..right? :lol:
Haha I am!
And yay for a moissy upgrade! They’re honestly beautiful gems AND you don’t need to sell the current stone or invest a bunch of money to figure out if you would want 2.5 or 3 or bigger!

And if you get the 3ct and decide to go bigger or go diamond, there’s always Loupetroop hehe.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha I am!
And yay for a moissy upgrade! They’re honestly beautiful gems AND you don’t need to sell the current stone or invest a bunch of money to figure out if you would want 2.5 or 3 or bigger!

And if you get the 3ct and decide to go bigger or go diamond, there’s always Loupetroop hehe.
You’re right! You sold me on the August Vintage..I also ordered from Diamondrensu for my mom’s ring..It is beautiful but if I’m going three carats I want it to have the hearts and arrows like yours! I’m waiting for asscher and princess cut studs from him....If I did all the things I want in diamonds it would be ridiculous! I love having both!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You’re right! You sold me on the August Vintage..I also ordered from Diamondrensu for my mom’s ring..It is beautiful but if I’m going three carats I want it to have the hearts and arrows like yours! I’m waiting for asscher and princess cut studs from him....If I did all the things I want in diamonds it would be ridiculous! I love having both!

I got a 8mm oec from Diamondrensu and then the AV MRB and love the AV way more lol.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got a 8mm oec from Diamondrensu and then the AV MRB and love the AV way more lol.
I bought the OEC from GoldenBird on Etsy..The stone was good but the craftsmanship not so good. I’ve been living with it..I know a diamond would be a better judge but it’s close enough for me to see that I do love it but love the MRB better. I only bought a MRB ring for my mom from Diamondrensu...and it really is very pretty..I didn’t buy the colorless though..I’ll see how my princess studs come out because I ordered those in f/g..The asscher studs will be in white so I’m not sure what that color will look like.
Who is going to set your AV?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought the OEC from GoldenBird on Etsy..The stone was good but the craftsmanship not so good. I’ve been living with it..I know a diamond would be a better judge but it’s close enough for me to see that I do love it but love the MRB better. I only bought a MRB ring for my mom from Diamondrensu...and it really is very pretty..I didn’t buy the colorless though..I’ll see how my princess studs come out because I ordered those in f/g..The asscher studs will be in white so I’m not sure what that color will look like.
Who is going to set your AV?

I’m just having my local jeweler swap it into a setting I have that current has the 8mm oec in it :)

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG I need to see the EC! And thanks for all the RBC pics. Can't wait to see Hazel also...! AHH!!!

tonielle

Rough_Rock
Wow it’s gorgeous!!!!

sparlie

Shiny_Rock
@MakingTheGrade after seeing your beautiful Moissy I impulsively ordered an AV H&A Moissanite. I wasn't even considering purchasing one, but AC9301AB-766C-40EC-97E3-6C899DFF5727.jpeg 299CFBC6-8A7D-4648-8DF3-F9764ACFBF86.jpeg 299CFBC6-8A7D-4648-8DF3-F9764ACFBF86.jpeg it just happened! Received it today and it is magnificent. Thanks for sharing your post!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MakingTheGrade after seeing your beautiful Moissy I impulsively ordered an AV H&A Moissanite. I wasn't even considering purchasing one, but AC9301AB-766C-40EC-97E3-6C899DFF5727.jpeg 299CFBC6-8A7D-4648-8DF3-F9764ACFBF86.jpeg 299CFBC6-8A7D-4648-8DF3-F9764ACFBF86.jpeg it just happened! Received it today and it is magnificent. Thanks for sharing your post!

Glad you love it! I finally got mine set!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

sparlie

Shiny_Rock
Here are some late night indoor photos. Will post better daylight ones tomorrow!!

F8EF73C5-5439-44E7-8FC7-CEEFA3C7E0C4.jpeg FB691DF5-9AD5-4BED-9B96-A296E1BD7E2C.jpeg 5418B597-E7D2-42B2-9F4F-64CF00D335D9.jpeg

The setting is beautiful!! Thank you for posting. Look forward to seeing more!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your new stone in your ring! They are perfect together and look fabulous on you! Enjoy!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your new stone in your ring! They are perfect together and look fabulous on you! Enjoy!

Thanks! The original prongs were a bit too delicate so I had them amped up a bit. I love the final look

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results