shape
carat
color
clarity

At long last… Dreamer’s three stone ring

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi DD! So good to see you again - it's been WAY too long! Your three stone is gorgeous and I know you thought about and planned it for a long time! I hope you are enjoying it immensely! Stick around - good to see an old friend!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, so gorgeous and I love that it is in yellow gold!! Welcome back.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've always admired your beautiful stone. What a lovely three stone. Congratulations! Your new ring is gorgeous.

springsparkle

Shiny_Rock
That is a gorgeous three stone!! It looks so lovely on you. Caysie is such a pleasure to work with!

Skymonkey2000

Shiny_Rock
Yeah I am not really educated on stuff like that so wasn't really aware, when the antique jeweler that is big in my area of the southeast sold it to me in 2010 they told me 1920s but they also told me it was an OEC and I didn't know any better, someone here told me it was a transitional.

I think the title of the thread was Christmas Eve Arrival with it set but I only had a few pics, will try to attach one here F573EF6A-13BE-45CA-8001-FF8ED30FA492.jpeg

Wow, your stone is beautiful!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey, Dreamer!!! So glad you finally made a thread for this gorgeous ring! Every time I see it reminds me that I need to make a 3 stone ring :lol:! (However, I may as well be "one ring to rule them all" due to the fact I never wear my right hand rings!!!) Anyway, glad to hear your health has improved and life sounds good! I've been super busy, too, and not around as much. Maybe things will settle down, at least I hope so! Take care!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my lord. Where are my smelling salts??????

The center stone is LIFE. Perfect chunky arrows transitional/OEC/MRB all rolled into one. And the setting. Gahhhhhhhh. Perfect.

I really love the center diamond. It took a long time to find. Back then, in 2011-2012 when I was looking, there were not very many placed to buy old cuts and they weren't as popular as they are now. And we didn't have custom cut options of course! For me part of my love of this diamond is the story of how I found it. It's a special treasure for me.

It seems a bit small now that fashion seems to be evolving into ever bigger and bigger rocks!

This might easily be one of the best things I have ever read on PS!!

Your ring is all the things of which ring dreams are made. All the things. It is a divine piece of art and beauty!

Thanks rainy, I really do love this new setting and I don't have plans to reset it anytime soon. The finger coverage is so great and three diamonds creates just this wall of sparkle. I might need to change my tag line because my plan now is to grow my collection. Perhaps more colored gems than diamonds, but I am branching out!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer, it's good to see your name back here! I've wanted to see more of George and your three-stone for so long--it's spectacular! :love: Every detail is so carefully thought out, and it's the perfect showcase for George. (Btw, George remains one of my all-time favorite stones on PS and was the inspiration for my recut.)

Kim I went looking through your threads to see your recut and it looks really fabulous! That size... sigh. The faceting must look amazing beefed up like that.

It's been very interesting to me coming back to PS and seeing how prevalent LGDs are now. So common that we need to specify EMD vs LGD now! I was at my local jewelers last week and they told me that 80% of their diamond sales are now LGD, mostly being bought my younger women. Anyway, it will be very interesting to see how this all changes the diamond industry and our choices and behavior too! As an early adopter of this new trend I imagine you have many thoughts about it that I'd like to read.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I think I mentioned up thread that the ring was still in excellent condition, but the antique finish had started to wear off. I was ready for a change so I started researching how to remove it.

It seems like professionals use some kind of solvent. @Gussie alluded to removing the antiquing on her rings with ammonia in a few threads, but she didn’t provide any details about her technique.

I tried a few different things, but in the end I mixed 1 tablespoon household ammonia with six tablespoons of boiling water and added a little dish soap for funsies. Plopped my ring into the mix and within minutes the antiquing started falling away from the ring. A little more time and some scrubbing with a toothbrush and it was all clean!

I love how it looks it’s like a totally new ring. And now you know how to remove antiquing if you want! And avoid ammonia if you have antiqued gold pieces.

42B62C8A-48C6-478C-8C4C-F62BB7BFE55B.jpeg

3400AAE0-75A1-4C16-B265-D663DFFEE206.jpeg

109AB39A-4C3B-4B54-8E1A-9A25B0286103.jpeg

D05B7C87-336A-44C1-9484-FD2F63C68B0F.jpeg

903BB046-FE4C-4368-A530-5926BEF1CA76.jpeg

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
That is something I have really stressed about in the past, what is safe to clean jewelry with antiquing vs what isn't safe and will remove it.

Glad you were able to change your ring like you wanted to!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is something I have really stressed about in the past, what is safe to clean jewelry with antiquing vs what isn't safe and will remove it.

Glad you were able to change your ring like you wanted to!

I think the only thing that is safe safe is soap and water. Even the ultrasonic shook some of the paint clean off my ring!

I think when it’s in deeper, more recessed areas it may be more hardy. The area between the tow towns of milgrain on the donuts lasted the longest when I was cleaning it. I noticed it also had a thicker application of the antiquing paint than the crevices of the engraving on the shank. The antiquing in the wheat engraving was actually the first to start “going “ on its own within a couple years of wear. I only cleaned with soap and water during that time. With the ammonia is just floated away!

In the end antiquing on gold is just a surface application. It’s not permanent. But it can be reapplied! I could have chosen to do that. But I was ready for a change. I love seeing the rich buttery gold now. And I haven’t been wearing a wb all these years because it’s hard to match the antique finish, but now I’m going to get one! Or five

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
The ammonia bath made my ring so sparkly!

Car photos of course (yes I drive a very practical KIA ev lol Such glamour.)
E39683A1-9893-41FC-B2C0-0190754025A7.jpeg

FDBE5FAF-A701-4278-AAF7-D6ACF9E79045.jpeg

BC48646A-FE05-466F-8C68-F5627BCCBC59.jpeg

I stealth filmed this in the deli aisle like a good PSer. Soundtrack dedicated to my 11yo son.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a beautiful ring @dreamer_dachsie ! Caysie does such a nice job on these settings. The ring looks like it was always meant to be!

Scon_ce

Shiny_Rock
Such a pretty ring!! Your center stone is to die for!
Thanks for sharing!

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
I think the only thing that is safe safe is soap and water. Even the ultrasonic shook some of the paint clean off my ring!

I think when it’s in deeper, more recessed areas it may be more hardy. The area between the tow towns of milgrain on the donuts lasted the longest when I was cleaning it. I noticed it also had a thicker application of the antiquing paint than the crevices of the engraving on the shank. The antiquing in the wheat engraving was actually the first to start “going “ on its own within a couple years of wear. I only cleaned with soap and water during that time. With the ammonia is just floated away!

In the end antiquing on gold is just a surface application. It’s not permanent. But it can be reapplied! I could have chosen to do that. But I was ready for a change. I love seeing the rich buttery gold now. And I haven’t been wearing a wb all these years because it’s hard to match the antique finish, but now I’m going to get one! Or five

Thank you for the info, I have got a pair of diamond studs set in Caysie's spring gulch halo in antiqued yellow gold and since that has been one of my first pieces with it I haven't really known how to care for it.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the info, I have got a pair of diamond studs set in Caysie's spring gulch halo in antiqued yellow gold and since that has been one of my first pieces with it I haven't really known how to care for it.

Apparently some dish soaps also have ammonia so make sure the soap you use doesn’t have any!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually like your ring better without the antique finish. Good job!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually like your ring better without the antique finish. Good job!!

Me toooooo MGR. I feel like now your eye goes immediately to the diamonds, not the band. And the whole ring just looks so much lighter! The gold is sumptuous. I don’t know if it’s the removal of the antiquing or the long ammonia bath (about 10 minutes), but the diamonds look so much better. So white and so sparkly! It’s wild.

I cannot stop taking picture and video. I’m such a loser lol. These were all taken in my south-facing sunroom during dusk.

DF4E411D-A590-4CB9-81C2-A850D8B7673E.jpeg

FE4BE31A-D9F1-42D2-8411-A4C6CB346F06.jpeg

486171F2-CDCA-4789-A3A0-5FEFE0B8FCDE.jpeg

C7EB6E8F-6F78-435C-9CD6-8B065A1E997A.jpeg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me toooooo MGR. I feel like now your eye goes immediately to the diamonds, not the band. And the whole ring just looks so much lighter! The gold is sumptuous. I don’t know if it’s the removal of the antiquing or the long ammonia bath (about 10 minutes), but the diamonds look so much better. So white and so sparkly! It’s wild.

I cannot stop taking picture and video. I’m such a loser lol. These were all taken in my south-facing sunroom during dusk.

DF4E411D-A590-4CB9-81C2-A850D8B7673E.jpeg

FE4BE31A-D9F1-42D2-8411-A4C6CB346F06.jpeg

486171F2-CDCA-4789-A3A0-5FEFE0B8FCDE.jpeg

C7EB6E8F-6F78-435C-9CD6-8B065A1E997A.jpeg

A loser for taking lots of diamond pictures for Pricescope? No way!! Your ring looks beautiful and you should enjoy it. I am happy for you that you have it!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Having fun tonight just getting creative.

FEF25A84-2304-4FAD-8CFB-C43726A4F578.jpeg

F34FB79C-C683-49CE-AD43-0B161DBCA5D6.jpeg

DD88E2E2-7588-44F3-AF92-99ACE20C2E2C.jpeg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Figured out how to catch the fire I was seeing with my eyes.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results