shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher Moissanite

OMG

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, I have been a member forever but haven't posted in a LONG time.
I just ordered a new ring for travel, a 2.5ct Asscher Moissanite.
Then I remembered that Asscher diamonds face up smaller...... is this the case with Moissanite?
I have a 2ct round diamond and I am worried I will think the 2.5ct Moissy will look small.

Can anyone help me out? Should I get a 3ct?

I would just go try them on but we are currently locked down due to Covid and will need to change the order ASAP if I decide to change the stone size.

My ring size right now is just under an 8. Am losing weight, so will end up being a 7 when all is said and done.

Thanks!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
I am not too familiar with moissanite but best to check the measurements. A 2.5ct asscher will face up about 7.5 x 7.5mm. A 2ct round is 8mm.

Maybe you could draw it up on a piece of paper and stick it on sticky tape on your finger and see what the face up is like? I loved asschers but yes they do face up small. LOL if I could have my way.. I would probably want a 5ct lol.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would decide based on measurements rather than ct weight, especially for step cuts.

OMG

Rough_Rock
I am not too familiar with moissanite but best to check the measurements. A 2.5ct asscher will face up about 7.5 x 7.5mm. A 2ct round is 8mm.

Maybe you could draw it up on a piece of paper and stick it on sticky tape on your finger and see what the face up is like? I loved asschers but yes they do face up small. LOL if I could have my way.. I would probably want a 5ct lol.

Thats exactly what I was thinking! I did some googling and on a size 6 finger a 4CT looks amazing! I don't want to go too big though. I have decided a 3ct is probably the right size for me. I like the idea of the drawing and putting it on my finger. I am going to try that! Thank you all!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Thats exactly what I was thinking! I did some googling and on a size 6 finger a 4CT looks amazing! I don't want to go too big though. I have decided a 3ct is probably the right size for me. I like the idea of the drawing and putting it on my finger. I am going to try that! Thank you all!

I would definitely say 3 carat or around 8mm. I just bought a lab diamond Asscher and a precision moissanite Asscher. The lab diamond is 2.69 carats and is 8mm and the moissanite is 8mm and called 3 carats. My finger size is the same too. This is what the moissanite looks like.

Attachments

• 15D47833-45BA-489F-B11A-CDB11CD4D336.jpeg
    15D47833-45BA-489F-B11A-CDB11CD4D336.jpeg
    159.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

OMG

Rough_Rock
I would definitely say 3 carat or around 8mm. I just bought a lab diamond Asscher and a precision moissanite Asscher. The lab diamond is 2.69 carats and is 8mm and the moissanite is 8mm and called 3 carats. My finger size is the same too. This is what the moissanite looks like.

Thank you so much for that! The jeweller got back to me and told me the 3ct is 8.5x8.5 and now I am worried it is going to be too big! Its all said and done, so I can't change it now lol

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for that! The jeweller got back to me and told me the 3ct is 8.5x8.5 and now I am worried it is going to be too big! Its all said and done, so I can't change it now lol

I don’t think you’ll be able to notice a difference between 8.5x8.5 and 8x8mm. Plus once you get used to it, it’ll be even less noticeable. Please show us when you get it.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock

I agree with other’s that it won’t be that noticeable. if it is in a solitaire, it is visually a very small difference. I also don’t think that size will look crazy big on your finger either. It sounds perfect to me!

OMG

Rough_Rock
I don’t think you’ll be able to notice a difference between 8.5x8.5 and 8x8mm. Plus once you get used to it, it’ll be even less noticeable. Please show us when you get it.

I will! thanks again for the advice!

OMG

Rough_Rock
I agree with other’s that it won’t be that noticeable. if it is in a solitaire, it is visually a very small difference. I also don’t think that size will look crazy big on your finger either. It sounds perfect to me!

Hi all! Thanks for the advice. I'm not a great photographer but here's some pics. What do you think? Be honest please. image.jpg D0F46FF8-A280-49F4-8B5C-07922351FC1A.png

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all! Thanks for the advice. I'm not a great photographer but here's some pics. What do you think? Be honest please. image.jpg D0F46FF8-A280-49F4-8B5C-07922351FC1A.png

Looks very pretty and a good size for your hand! Where did you order from if you don’t mind me asking? I’m travelling next month and debating between an EC and asscher travel ring.

OMG

Rough_Rock
Looks very pretty and a good size for your hand! Where did you order from if you don’t mind me asking? I’m travelling next month and debating between an EC and asscher travel ring.
Thanks! I got it from Toronto Fine Jewellery. They ship all over the world. So great to work with!

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for sharing! It looks like a great size. I’ve never thought about a travel ring - I leave mine at home but then I miss it. …Something for me to consider…

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results