shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher - ASET assistance

Rend

Rough_Rock
oh no, I will let her know that you are trying to connect. She just told me that she has been getting lots of fraud calls from DHL... so she might have mistakenly deleted your call.

westfield shopping center jewelers. That is great to get a rough guide about the setting.GOG may come in cheaper or more expensive. Of course you ahbe to realise the increased cost means increased gst yiu habe to pay when it comes into Aus. So pls make sure yiu factor that in your calculations.

also check their respective website gallery to gauge their work, and their reviews.

yes - some jewelers don’t set outside stones. Too risky as they don’t know the stone and maybe lose some profit for not selling you the stone???

Oh haha I see. I'll give her a buzz again today. The Westfield Jeweller was MIDAS. Have you come across them before?

It would be nice to get someone local in Sydney to set the ring.
yes - some jewelers don’t set outside stones. Too risky as they don’t know the stone and maybe lose some profit for not selling you the stone???
He did make some comments to this effect. Though you always hear diamonds toughest material, it wouldn'rt have thought their would be a risk of damage. Maybe loosing it?

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
@Rend i think it has to do with more profiteering from the sale of the stone.
Yes, diamond is one of the toughest gem stones, would you believe one of my stones (0.10ct round) in a bead setting broke/ chip and there was no hard hitting etc of the ring.

I have not heard of MIDAS, but website looks good. pictures could be better quality for "real" assessment. For me, close enough sometimes is good enough. LOLOLOL.

Joey will look after you. go in and see her if you can.
Get quotes. factor in the GST component if coming in from USA...

And i am still jealous of your asscher.

Rend

Rough_Rock
I just spoke to Joey and she is lovely! Thanks for the introduction and giving a background :) It helps having someone recommended. Joey is putting together a quote for me and I will go in bit later to talk in person

Wow! Really? That is just a surprise

MIDAS have good reviews online, I might also go instore and view their work. Then make a call \

GST on ring component could be another ~$400. That's a really good point to keep in mind

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
@Rend NOte that i do not work for her adn do not get any commission from this referral. i have had a few pieces made with her :)

Yes, your asscher is a stunner!!!! really, i liek it a lot! it may not mean much to others...but... I have learned : you like hwat you like...
and those ASET and IS images back up what a beutiful and stunning stone it is! COngrats on getting it!

HWen you start learnign about the stones, buying online is much easier. You also become more critical.

Rend

Rough_Rock
@Rend NOte that i do not work for her adn do not get any commission from this referral. i have had a few pieces made with her :)

Yes, your asscher is a stunner!!!! really, i liek it a lot! it may not mean much to others...but... I have learned : you like hwat you like...
and those ASET and IS images back up what a beutiful and stunning stone it is! COngrats on getting it!

HWen you start learnign about the stones, buying online is much easier. You also become more critical.

Hahahah I like Joey, how did you come across her

:D I watched the video again today. I do like it. Thank you :) The key thing is to make sure the GF likes it

GoG have shipped it and hopefully arives next Tuesday. Thanksgiving shutdown delays things a little bit

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
@Rend i came across her when looking for replacement diamond earrings.
i am on the west coast, and she is in the east coast. she just started out, and she answered my online enquiry. Whilst i was over there in transit for a couple of days, i went into her office to view the stones. Trust was built and a 'few' pieces have been made by her and her team. :)

GF liking it is the most important. Did she drop hints on what type of stone/ring she wanted?
Step cuts are not the 'norm'; rounds are.

but, as i said, this is a stunner of a stone. if i had the funds, i would consider taking the stone off you if your GF doesnt like it. i would get Joey to set it in the same solitaire setting she made for my 1ct E VVS1 asscher. then set my 1ct E into a pendant.

Good luck for the next few days.. it will feel like forever!!!!!
and we would love to hear your thoughts on the stone, which i am sure will be favourable. and of course, more pics! LOLOLOL

Rend

Rough_Rock
@Rend i came across her when looking for replacement diamond earrings.
i am on the west coast, and she is in the east coast. she just started out, and she answered my online enquiry. Whilst i was over there in transit for a couple of days, i went into her office to view the stones. Trust was built and a 'few' pieces have been made by her and her team. :)

GF liking it is the most important. Did she drop hints on what type of stone/ring she wanted?
Step cuts are not the 'norm'; rounds are.

but, as i said, this is a stunner of a stone. if i had the funds, i would consider taking the stone off you if your GF doesnt like it. i would get Joey to set it in the same solitaire setting she made for my 1ct E VVS1 asscher. then set my 1ct E into a pendant.

Good luck for the next few days.. it will feel like forever!!!!!
and we would love to hear your thoughts on the stone, which i am sure will be favourable. and of course, more pics! LOLOLOL

That's awesome :)

We did go together to a jeweler and she favored both Emerald and Asscher cuts over the brilliant cuts. She said she wanted something different and unique so I went with the asscher.

She definitely does not want anything too feminine / dainty!!! So rounds were always out hahah

Ooh could I see a photo of your setting? I think may start a new thread for setting an asscher and experiences of other people

Thank you! It does feel like forever! Hahah and with thanksgiving everything is shut, even though I still hitting the refresh page every 4-5 hours. It's strange, I'm really excited

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
@Rend that is great that you went together shopping. that way you are going to get something that she would like instead of a surprise- to both parties. LOLOL.

i have a photo somehwere, but i think it got lost in the transition to a new phone... LOL

I think you can look under my avatar and hover over my name. there will be something like threads. click on the number there and you might be able to trace my setting.

Rend

Rough_Rock
@Rend that is great that you went together shopping. that way you are going to get something that she would like instead of a surprise- to both parties. LOLOL.

i have a photo somehwere, but i think it got lost in the transition to a new phone... LOL

I think you can look under my avatar and hover over my name. there will be something like threads. click on the number there and you might be able to trace my setting.

My girlfriend has very particular taste and I got some "suggestions" which made it really hard to find the right rinng

Aaah okay, I'll see if I find it

Rend

Rough_Rock
I finally got my asscher. Woohoo!!! Scary Fedex just left it on the prochse!!! Unbelievable, I had a panic attack when I got a message it's been delivered but no one knew anything about it at home

I love the diamond and it's high crown and small table. It gives it such a unique look

I am trying to take photos but my digital camera is not focusing!!!!!!

Best bit, I showed it to my mum and she goes "Is that it". Ouch

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I finally got my asscher. Woohoo!!! Scary Fedex just left it on the prochse!!! Unbelievable, I had a panic attack when I got a message it's been delivered but no one knew anything about it at home

I love the diamond and it's high crown and small table. It gives it such a unique look

I am trying to take photos but my digital camera is not focusing!!!!!!

Best bit, I showed it to my mum and she goes "Is that it". Ouch

Congratulations! :))

Will be ace if you can get some pictures up but they are tricky to photograph :D lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results