shape
carat
color
clarity

ASET imaging

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
There were a number of concerns about my choice of whom I was doing business with, and the quality, or lacktherrof I'd be receiving. I wanted to provide the diamonds information, and it's ASET. Thank you to those who helped.

Price - 6552- USD

GIA XXX
Carat - 1.43 ROUND
Color - J
Clarity - SI-1 - Eye Clean
Fluorescence - none
Measurement - 7.17-7.23x 4.42mm
HCA Score - 1.2

Depth - 61.4
Table - 58
Crown Angle - 34
Crown Height - 14.5
Pavilion Angle - 40.8
Pavilion Depth - 43
Star Length - 50
Lower Half - 80
Girdle - med to slightly thick, faceted, 4.0
Curlet - none

_4341.jpeg

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks fantastic, can't wait to see it set!!! I think you made a great choice!

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! I am as well :) In the process of figuring out the setting, I'm almost there, just some minute details that seem like big issues haha! :loopy:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was going to comment that I like the "reverse taper" as you put it. It's a little more interesting but still very classic. You could go 3.5mm width at the shoulder and taper down to 2.5 or 3mm at the bottom of the shank (where it sits at your palm). It would be subtle and your wedding band would still be fairly flush. Either will look great!

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
Hey thanks for the input! I've struggled expressing what I want, the word "shoulder" is very helpful actually. That's essentially what I want, but a tad thinner on the shoulder/diamond base area. I feel the gradual width increase is nice, but that particular ring gets quite a bit larger towards the top, I'll post a photo in my next post to demonstrate where I'd want the 'reverse taper' to stop width wise. Hope I'm making sense.

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
Right where the glasses ends, is probably the maximum width I'd like, and continue that width to the base of the diamonds cathedral.

_4289.jpeg

_4290.jpeg

_4291.jpeg

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
I tried to photoshop, don't laugh! This would be the difference from the top. I like both, but I think with a round stone, it might look harsh, I don't know, so minute, yet so complicated haha.

_1233.png

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hm, I think with the amount of taper you're looking at (where the glasses sit on the shank), it would be so extremely subtle it may not be noticeable. Well, it would be to you because it's your ring, lol. But I don't think the overall look is going to be much different between what you're wanting and going with 3.5mm all the way around. Does that make sense? If I were going with a taper, I'd want it a little more pronounced, but that is totally personal preference ::) .

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
I hear you, and my jeweler kind of said the same. My concern is that the 3.5 width behind my finger might be cumbersome, especially with a band eventually?

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing looking stone. Your persistence and research have paid off

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
breanne said:
I hear you, and my jeweler kind of said the same. My concern is that the 3.5 width behind my finger might be cumbersome, especially with a band eventually?

It may be, have you tried on two 3.5mm bands together and worn them around awhile to see how it feels? You can always do 2.5mm and taper up to 3.5mm at the shoulder. That would probably help quite a bit.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results