shape
carat
color
clarity

Aset 3 Step Cuts

clearfading

Shiny_Rock
What do you think of these asets? Is the second one the best and is it good enough to pursue or would you forget all 3 and keep looking? Thoughts?
Thanks!

Attachments

• 338228.jpg
    338228.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 3320452.jpg
    3320452.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 58
  • 7693729.jpg
    7693729.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 54
Reactions: AV_

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think one might say “if I were buying an ASET image, I’d buy the middle one", but if one is buying a diamond, the ASET is one part of the decision equation, I think; therefore, pics/video of the diamond are also needed.

Fancies are such a different beast.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1 and 3 look a bit leaky BUT they do seem to have decent light return outside the leaky bits, so they might be visually interesting and work well when in motion. Do you have videos?

I think the black can be considered Blue (obstruction/contrast) because I think it's the camera lens / top of the ASETscope (which is black). If it was leakage it would be white (because the background is white).

2 has a lot of light return so looks the strongest in terms of that aspect, but again, videos are needed as it might be all-on / all-off!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@clearfading I would encourage you to really think about which shape/cut you really prefer: a more emerald shape/cut or an asscher/square emerald shape/cut ... then stick with that vs trying to decide between the two cuts/shapes or handful of diamonds based on ASET/light return imaging alone.

It’s kinda like dark chocolate and milk chocolate - both are chocolate, but both have very distinct tastes when they hit the palate. Once you know which you prefer, stick with searching for options of that ‘flavor’ specifically that delivers what you like/want.

The Tycoon diamond I bought earlier this year has an ASET that - to some - appears questionable and/or leaky; however, in person it is a phenomenal light show that dazzles my eyes! Just something to think about as you embark on this journey. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results