shape
carat
color
clarity

Arrived just in time for Christmas- 5 stone ring finished!!

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for your help and support while I climbed my way though this crazy experience. What I thought would take a month- took a lot longer (due mostly to my indecisions & evolving desires). I never would have been able to complete this journey with out IDJ and PS'ers ongoing support, information and opinions! THANK YOU!

My story:

Upgrading of sorts.... "online" shopping scared the he*#@ out of me for such a huge purchase. I had to explore this option esp. because of the cash discounts that are offered with some vendors. Sending all my saved cash wire?? Oh my!! This would either be the dumbest thing I ever did, or the smartest. Pricing out, online would be a savings of $3k+ from shopping at local, higher end BM. The savings could help pay for the setting. Do I dare?

ID Jewelry, which was recommended on PS, took the lead when I contacted them and I never looked back! I could not express my gratitude towards ID Jewelry (specifically Yekutiel) who held my hand then entire time by offering suggestions, responding to my changing desires, and was very accommodating to find the perfect loose diamond for my budget. The diamond was eventually found!!!! GIA, XXX, HCA under 2, RB, SI2, 2.16ct. THE SPARKLE!! OMGosh!!!! A disco ball!!! Surprising to me, my top wishes going in were size & "eye clean". In the end, I chose a diamond that was least "eye clean" of all diamonds I considered. Still eye clean, but yah, if I look hard, up close, in certain lights.... For what it is worth, I can see a tiny spot in my original GIA, VS2 in certain angles. No joke. I think there is something wrong with me. :( :( ----Oh BTW, you cant beat IDJ's 30 day return policy. They honored it twice when I was shopping for loose diamonds with NEVER a question asked. Any wishy-washy ladies out there, this is the place to go. Most vendors do not have the 30 day return policy that I have read.

Inspired by Yssies 5 stone, 3/5 stone trellis settings online and my own personal taste, I asked IDJ design a setting for my diamond. One again, IDJ stepped up to the plate and delivered an awesome ring! I requested a thicker (wider) shank than most trellis settings I viewed (asked for 3mm to 4mm in width) & LOW set as possible (lefty). IDJ created the ring in platinum with GIA graded side stones. I didn't even think I could afford platinum! YAY!! Yekutiel really took his time to find diamonds that complimented my main stone in color, cut, % angles, clarity, fire, etc. I know he rejected a few diamonds bc he knew they would not be "right".

Side note: I also asked to add two "stabilizer" balls (my request) to prevent spinning. Maybe I didn't need them after all bc of the low profile. My cathedral rings always spun and I HATED it. The stabilizers cured this issue in the past. I know they do not look the most "attractive". Please ignore them when viewing the ring :) :)

I couldn't be happier. It arrived on Wednesday & when I opened the box my daughter exclaimed it was "too sparkly" (blasphemy). My husband plans to "propose" to me on Christmas Eve with the ring. He's sweet :). A "proposal" was not in the plan from the start, but heck, why not? Make some romance out of the moment, drink some wine, and eat some great food.....then drink some more wine. :) :) CHEERS!

ring_photo_e.jpg

ring_photo_f.jpg

ring_photo_final.jpg

ring_photo_g.jpg

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Arrived just in time for Christmas- 5 stone ring finishe

Drop dead gorgeous!!! :love: :love:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Stunning!!!!!

We need hand shots and lots of them!!! :appl: :bigsmile: :naughty:

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks!!

Loll! My old hands?..... not my hand in the pic. IDJ took them. Here is a close up, if curious.

I will try to get a decent hand shot. :) :)

2015-12-15_19.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous!!! Can't wait to see more pictures! :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous, gorgeous!!! Love it!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock

Gorgeous ring gorgeous story and I'm so glad you have it before Christmas!! I think I must be like you in my indecisiveness and being unsure..... Your story has inspired me! Can't wait for more pics :)

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock

Laurenk, excited to see what you end up doing with the diamond (emerald or pear)!!

Hard to "know" with such am expensive purchase what to do. So many different choices!! I figured I always loved the 5 stone style and originally planned to use my grandmother's diamonds for the side stones. They ended up being way too warm at a "J" and/or one jeweler thought a "K". Yikes. Dropped the idea based on the price to purchase new side stones. I ended up circling back around in the end. Sold a few items on eBay, my left kidney, and went for it. :) Lol!

There was a ton more back and forth indecisiveness than mentioned. I figured I'd spare everybody the torture. Old threads speak loud enough. Haha! :)

Thanks for the compliments!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your ring is to die for, and those claw prongs, swoon!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I LOVE it.. love the side view.. stones are gorgeous!

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you PintoBean (cutest name ever). Snuck it out of the safe for a few more pics. Shhh....

20151219_1.jpg

20151219_175256-1.jpg

20151219_164644-1.jpg

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock

:) TY Tekate! That is what sold me. The side view. 100%. Top down, the 5 stone trellis is pretty. Profile, sold! :) IDJ nailed it!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

So happy that you love it! Congrats! Yssie's ring is a great place to start with. It looks wonderful on you.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

Total Sparkle Bomb!!!!!!!!!!! It is spectacular! Enjoy :appl:

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock

Yssie's ring! What a remarkable beauty!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Lovely! Congratulation!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It really turned out beautifully - so happy for you! I know it was a long road but you've got something gorgeous for your time and effort!

Enjoy the ring and the proposal - wonder what your answer will be? LOL!!

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock

MissGotRocks|1450575122|3963684 said:
It really turned out beautifully - so happy for you! I know it was a long road but you've got something gorgeous for your time and effort!

I know, right? 15 1/2 years! I should set ground rules before committing. Lol! As much as a PITA he is, he is a great man. Lets me spend my money where I wish. Still romantic years later. I will say "yes"! :) Poor guy! :( At least I will shut up about a 2ct. :)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

cinnamonstick|1450575573|3963689 said:
MissGotRocks|1450575122|3963684 said:

I know, right? 15 1/2 years! I should set ground rules before committing. Lol! As much as a PITA he is, he is a great man. Lets me spend my money where I wish. Still romantic years later. I will say "yes"! :) Poor guy! :( At least I will shut up about a 2ct. :)

Enjoy it all - the ring and the proposal! This is the good stuff of life!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Its so beautiful, I love a trellis setting, and your diamonds? Swoon. Congratulations to you, great project!! :appl: :appl:

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock

Cinnamonstick - I too have put ideas out of my head just to come around again... I think trusting your instincts (and yes selling off some organs!) to have something amazing is worth it! Love your claw prongs!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Absolutely stunning. This is such a beautiful ring design. It makes the diamonds sparkle and I love the flow on your finger.

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock

wow its a beautiful ring :love: - and what a sweety that man of yours is your lucky all round :lol:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's absolutely beautiful!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock

I love this design, enjoy your new ring!

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks everyone!

Happy several of you mentioned the claw prongs. I thought they would be a tad longer in length & was glad to read the compliments on them.

You all are very kind! :)

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

That is lovely! ID Jewelry did a great job for you!

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock

Beautiful selection of diamonds and great finger coverage! Congrats and enjoy!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful! IDJ did a great job. Thank you for sharing with us. :appl:

Sundial

Ideal_Rock

What an exquisite ring! It looks incredible from every angle and how sweet that your husband wants to re-propose with it!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results