shape
carat
color
clarity

Arrived just in time for Christmas- 5 stone ring finished!!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Re: Arrived just in time for Christmas- 5 stone ring finishe

Beautiful ring! I bet there is a ton of sparkle too!

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock

I saw you changed your avatar and have been waiting for the thread. Lovely! :love: congrats! Can you give us stats on the stones?

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

Gorgeous ring! It must sparkle like crazy! :appl: It is beautiful on your hand! Congrats! :clap:

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock

fabulous!!

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock

lilysweet|1450668538|3964113 said:
Can you give us stats on the stones?

Yes, this may help another PSer if considering a five (or three) stone ring. Reading others helped me. I took screenshots of 5 stone rings I liked the porportions of when viewing. Then, I used the "edit" on my phone to write on the pic the measements of the diamonds (if available). Helpful. PSers also chimed in with their thoughts on measurements in discussions. Again, helpful.

One older thread I read on PS suggested to cut out little circles in the mm sizes, then tape them across the finger for a visual. That was a bit of a laugh :) ! I tried! Lol! Lots of confetti!

I wear a 4.8/5 ring size in a 3mm-ish band. This ring is a size 5 and is slightly.... (slightly) "loose" on my finger (won't slide off, just use to a bit more of a "struggle" to remove).

Center:
2.16 RB, H, GIA 3X, (HCA⬇2), SI2 (eye clean)

Top sides:
.42/.40, G, GIA 3X, (⬇2), SI2 (fully eye clean)

Lower sides:
.18 each, G, GIA 3X, (⬇2 ), IF (too bad my center isn't IF!!)
These two stones also came with a Canadian certificate of some sort. Think it means certified conflict free (?). Or region/mine in Canada the diamonds came from (?). There is a maple leaf inscription after GIA # on the girdles.

Thank you all for the compliments!

IDJ :) :appl:

Q

Queenie60

Your ring is quite lovely! IDJ did it again! Enjoy :love: :wavey:

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock

TY! :)

Anybody know? I bought a Jewel Jet Steam cleaner and a Gemoro Ultrasound (once again, based on PS threads) :). Used them on my origional solitary. Sparkle city :).

The ultrasound- will a shared prong ring be safe? My new ring? I know pavé is risky. What about my ring?
I read I can put a paper towel down on the bottom to help the ring from bouncing when cleaning or use a wire and suspend the ring while cleaning (again to avoid bouncing & dislodging stones). Thoughts?

mol42

Shiny_Rock

Gorgeous ring- the profile is to die for!!! The final result was worth the wait and journey. I love that your DH wants to re-propose with it. So cute!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

Love!!! This style is one of my absolute favorites.

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock

I said YES!

20151224_201544.jpg

20151224_202532.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, I'm so happy to see your finished 5-stone ring! So glad that you love it--it turned out perfectly and looks great on you! And the story of his "proposal" is great as well--so adorable :appl:

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock

Aww! Thank you Lovedogs! Wasn't originally meant to be a recommitment ring, but hey, I'm in :)!! My husband had the priest bless the ring after mass last night before he "proposed" at our dinner. :) Makes it legit!

My hub didn't want to ask me in the middle of the restaurant so we asked the server if the courtyard out back was open. The waitress told us it was not, but added she would open the back door so we could sneak out for a second. It was pretty cute. The courtyard looked how one would imagine a courtyard looking in the middle of winter. Not a lot going on visually, but the spontaneity was beyond perfect! The only light we had was from the restaurants kitchen window shining through to light our path.......quiet, quaint. Maybe even more romantic than the origional in 2000? :). I think it was!

Lol! Not sure why pics are sideways? I was thinking possibly it was all the wine last night, however, in other locations the pictures posted normal.

Thank you everybody for joining me on this journey! I need to get back to cooking!! Happy Holidays to all and Merry Christmas!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your ring turned out beautiful. Congratulations.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock

What a beautiful ring! Enjoy! :appl:

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

cinnamonstick|1451063944|3966143 said:
Aww! Thank you Lovedogs! Wasn't originally meant to be a recommitment ring, but hey, I'm in :)!! My husband had the priest bless the ring after mass last night before he "proposed" at our dinner. :) Makes it legit!

My hub didn't want to ask me in the middle of the restaurant so we asked the server if the courtyard out back was open. The waitress told us it was not, but added she would open the back door so we could sneak out for a second. It was pretty cute. The courtyard looked how one would imagine a courtyard looking in the middle of winter. Not a lot going on visually, but the spontaneity was beyond perfect! The only light we had was from the restaurants kitchen window shining through to light our path.......quiet, quaint. Maybe even more romantic than the origional in 2000? :). I think it was!

Lol! Not sure why pics are sideways? I was thinking possibly it was all the wine last night, however, in other locations the pictures posted normal.

Thank you everybody for joining me on this journey! I need to get back to cooking!! Happy Holidays to all and Merry Christmas!
What a great guy, having your priest bless the ring! Congratulations on 15 years and still thinking of the details to make each other feel happy and appreciated!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh I love this so much!! The ring is perfect, the proportions of the stones and the beautiful trellis....looks right at home on your hand and oh sooo sparkly!! :love:

And how lovely and romantic is your story about the proposal in the court yard...so sweet!! And I love that the ring was blessed too. Enjoy your beautiful e-ring!! Will you wear a band with it, or wear it as a stand alone?

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock

All good things must come to an end.

JFDN, I plan to wear the ring as a stand alone. I have a wide, plain band (8mm?) I was married in along with the origional e-ring. I will wear the band when I do not want to wear a diamond (IE exercising, ....if I can remember what that is, travel, work at times). Otherwise, "stand alone" which is why I tried to pick a setting that didn't look like it needed a wedding band beside it.

Cokitty, Crystal24k, Marcy, thank you!

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock

:) In motion...

https://www.instagram.com/p/_mxAN-udSp/
My original ER is a shallow cut. I had no clue what I was missing with diamonds that are ex. cut. Seriously.

cloreene

Rough_Rock

Wow, that is awesome! :appl: :love: :love: :love:

cluelessupgrade

Rough_Rock

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I don't know how I missed this, but it's GORGEOUS!! You won't believe this, but, you can see from my posts, I've been trying to get a ring that looks like this with almost these exact proportions since my DH decided to upgrade my e-ring for Christmas! One of my side stones and my two smallest stones are from my original e-ring, which had a .43 center and .25 sides. It ended up too wide for my finger due to the end stones being set too high. We've had a terrible time trying to get our local jeweler to make it right. (And spent a fortune in the meantime.) They are currently trying to make the end prongs shorter. And in the meantime, I upgraded to a 2.03 center. Your ring is EXACTLY what I was looking for in terms of trellis shape and proportions. If this latest "fix" doesn't work, I think I'll get an estimate for a new setting from ID Jewelry. (Or, I may wait a year or so and do it anyway.) Enjoy & wear it in good health!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results