AntiqueMovalGal

Shiny_Rock
9B53E569-F372-421B-B96C-2F011DB236D2.png
5-6 ct oval next to a pearl
Discuss :)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel like the pearl looks like it pushed the diamond to the side so it could try to be the star of the show. Definitely unique. The diamond looks pretty but I am not a fan of this setting.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep wanting to straighten out that oval. It looks like it fell over and the pearl is propping it up.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's very pretty! Soft and feminine.
But I would be concerned about the pearl getting damaged with daily wear. And what about cleaning the ring, you will be exposing the pearl to water and other cleaning agents.

But otherwise, it's very nice in an asymmetrical way.
And sue me, but I think the miscellaneous hand tattoos take away from the ring.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's very pretty! Soft and feminine.
But I would be concerned about the pearl getting damaged with daily wear. And what about cleaning the ring, you will be exposing the pearl to water and other cleaning agents.

But otherwise, it's very nice in an asymmetrical way.
And sue me, but I think the miscellaneous hand tattoos take away from the ring.

Yeah, her tattoos remind me of a high school student doodling on her hand in class...

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
There's good asymmetry and odd asymmetry. This one looks a little odd IMO. She can afford to have that pearl changed out weekly if she wants so no worries there, other than the inconvenience.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
I don't like it either. Well not for an engagement ring anyway. It might as well be costume jewellery. Pearls are not practical for everyday wear. Had it been another maybe coloured stone? I don't mind the asymmetry but yeah the choice in pearls... what were they thinking?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The diamond looks beautiful but I am not a fan of the setting. I don’t care for the hand tattoos either; I find them very distracting. Just my .02!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Distracting for sure.
I am no longer looking at the ring, I am wondering what the back of her hand says.
I'm sure it is something profound...........
Ok I just looked it up, it says Toulouse. She loves Post-Impressionism! Who knew?:cheeky:
Wait, it's also her dog's name. Now I'm confused.

Last edited:

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel that the jeweler should have tried to politely talk her out of this juxtaposition. Maybe he/she did. Maybe the whole point is the strength/weakness duality. Who am I to say?

Also: I guess this adds a new dimension to the age-old N/S vs. E/W discussion. What about NW/SE? :cool2:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really dislike this ring because I think the pearl is incredibly impractical for an e-ring. I don't mind the asymmetry or that the pear is off center, but I would like it a lot more if the pearl was replaced with a different stone (round diamond or other colored stone). I just think it looks strange this way.

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
I see a really clear “G” on the pearl so it took me a while to process that it was a pearl rather than some sort of enamel disk with an initial. Aside from that distraction probably due to lighting I say: Good for her, not for me.

Kind of reminds me of Emily Ratajkowski’s ring. Maybe asymmetrical toi et moi is the next big thing?

I liked Emily Ratajkowski’s asymmetrical ring, but I’m not a fan of this one, and it kills me because I usually loveeeee ovals. But the small pearl next to it like that looks all wrong. I would probably like it better if the pearl was more proportional in size (like a giant golden south sea) and was also set at a slight angle. I would like it best if that oval was set by itself on a pave band! But hey - not my ring.

diamondsndogs

Rough_Rock
Don't like the setting at all with the angled diamond (which looks like a nice stone, and assuming the fiance, since it was her, worked with a decent jeweler to get a really good stone) and the pearl next to it. Kind of like placing what is usually a super sparkly stone (diamond) next to a dull "stone", if you could call a pearl a stone, even if it was a really good pearl... But no matter what ring she was given, sorry NOT sorry, all those hideous finger tattoos completely distract from any ring she would have received, no matter how stunning the diamond was size-wise or quality-wise.

pandacat

Rough_Rock
Evidently pearl & diamond are their birthstones, which is sweet.
If I weren’t a peasant I’d love to be wearing something so delicate every day!

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
I actually quite like it. Certainly different than most e-rings.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who says it is 5-6 carats? She has very tiny hands so it could just look bigger. And is there a “G” engraved in the pearl nacre? oMG please say no. But the stone is beautiful. Setting would be interesting if not for an ER. Interesting idea with the two birthstones..but do it in a pendant, not the ER. At first I thought it was her former ER stone reset but I think that was a pear Or marquise cut.

sianydeblaise

Rough_Rock
It's unique for sure, but I really like the use of the pearl because it was from Ariana's grandfather's tie pin, and the "G" was already there. So it's very sentimental, if impractical. I honestly like it because it's so unique/different/weird

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, her tattoos remind me of a high school student doodling on her hand in class...

And will look worse as she ages.... but then she can afford to get them removed....
I’d ditch the pearl (I do love pearls though!).
Beautiful diamond.
I hope they are happy.

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
It's unique for sure, but I really like the use of the pearl because it was from Ariana's grandfather's tie pin, and the "G" was already there. So it's very sentimental, if impractical. I honestly like it because it's so unique/different/weird

That is sweet that pearl was her Grandfather’s. I would of had it out on a necklace to keep it safer

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
My first thought on the ring is “how the heck is she going to clean it? Pearls and diamonds need very different things....”

And then my second thought is, “Oh. So THAT’S why most tattoo artists don’t recommend hand and finger tattoos.”

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamond, but pearls are too delicate to be set into a ring. I would have set the diamond as a solitaire.

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
It's...different...and OMG at her hand tattoos. I had a tattoo on my left middle finger and got that sucker lasered off a few years ago. I'm so glad for it too because I felt it was taking away from my rings.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That setting isn't going to last long - that pearl is going to get scratched to bits. As for the off kilter pear, to each their own. But, I suppose she's got enough $$ to reset it over and over.

Yes, I do understand the distraction of the hand tats.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
My guess is that the weight of the diamond would pull the ring in that direction so it would constantly need straightening on the finger, which would annoy me if I were the wearer.

I don't care for her hand tats either. They don't look artistic to me, just look like bored doodles.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results