shape
carat
color
clarity

arg! i'm driving myself nuts... which eternity??

which eternity to go with james meyer 1345?

• 1. singlestone FRETAP (french cuts & oec)

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • 2. singlestone TR140 (french cuts rec & square)

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • 3. singlestone FRETC6 (all rec french cuts)

Votes: 23 65.7%
  • 4. singlestone AR948 (all oec)

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • 5. rb eternity (memoire, BGD), paired with 1mm spacer

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • 6. something else entirely

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1307487124|2940211 said:
rainydaze|1307484968|2940186 said:
Dreamer_D|1307481222|2940112 said:
You might also try Jewels by Erica Grace, who I think have started offering a line of rings with french and other special cuts.

good idea Dreamer!

Yes, someone recently posted one with all rounds with the milgrain bezels. It was a larger size, but you could get an idea. I'll see if I can find it.

Yep, hers is with rose cuts. I doubt JBEG is less expensive than Singlestone, though.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-jbeg-custom-rose-cut-eternity-band.160758/?hilit=jbeg%20eternity']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-jbeg-custom-rose-cut-eternity-band.160758/?hilit=jbeg%20eternity[/URL]

oh my gosh, ds i have seen her ring and talk about drooooool! it is nothing short of amazing! so much so i considered ditching my efforts and just getting one like this for my right hand. after selling my kidney, of course. :cheeky:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rainydaze|1307489057|2940241 said:
diamondseeker2006|1307487124|2940211 said:
rainydaze|1307484968|2940186 said:
Dreamer_D|1307481222|2940112 said:
You might also try Jewels by Erica Grace, who I think have started offering a line of rings with french and other special cuts.

good idea Dreamer!

Yes, someone recently posted one with all rounds with the milgrain bezels. It was a larger size, but you could get an idea. I'll see if I can find it.

Yep, hers is with rose cuts. I doubt JBEG is less expensive than Singlestone, though.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-jbeg-custom-rose-cut-eternity-band.160758/?hilit=jbeg%20eternity']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-jbeg-custom-rose-cut-eternity-band.160758/?hilit=jbeg%20eternity[/URL]

oh my gosh, ds i have seen her ring and talk about drooooool! it is nothing short of amazing! so much so i considered ditching my efforts and just getting one like this for my right hand. after selling my kidney, of course. :cheeky:

Lol! Isn't that the truth! :lol:

Lovingwarmdiamonds

Rough_Rock
JBEG's all french cut band is more than singlestone's (though I think the stones are bigger). It is over 6K in platinum. To die for gorgeous though.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks for the info Lwd! i'm all for larger FCs :naughty: ... without the larger price tag! ;-)

hey coati - if you happen by here again, can i pester you with some more questions? would you be willing to post that blurry pic you have of SS's all-oec band with your JM ring? you mentioned being embarrassed at its quality, so if you would rather not, i totally understand!

i am also seriously considering the individually bezeled FC band you recommended - i can't seem to let go of the FCs completely and the response to this thread was overwhelmingly in favor of them. would you describe that band as delicate also? were the FCs large enough to be appreciated, could you make out facets in them? ETA: there are some amazing pics of rings with them here on PS and they are a big reason i can't let go of the idea... but i think the FCs in the rings i am looking at are on the larger side. so, i ask this because i am guessing the FCs in this band are on the small side, and i wonder if they will have the same effect. as soon as you said the two channel-FC bands i posted here were delicate, i took them off the list because i'm don't really want something too thin/delicate.

one last thing, and then i promise i will leave you alone! i was wondering if you tried on the band ds recommended - http://singlestone.com/index.php?page=collections&catID=9&pID=247&startRow=7??? if so, what did you think of that one?

sorry for all the questions! this decision would be so much easier if i didn't live on the other side of the country from singlestone!! :)

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1307662800|2942055 said:
Is this the one you are thinking about now, rainy?

http://singlestone.com/index.php?page=collections&catID=9&pID=370&startRow=2

If so, I love it.

yes, that's the one! i am wondering if the frenchies are big enough to appreciate the faceting, because from what i gather that is what makes them so special.

i think i also get thrown off by that pic of it - it doesn't really showcase the FCs very well and the top part of the ring is black which, even though i know that's just angle/lighting, keeps giving me that 'blackened silver' feeling.

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
rainydaze|1307659730|2942018 said:
thanks for the info Lwd! i'm all for larger FCs :naughty: ... without the larger price tag! ;-)

hey coati - if you happen by here again, can i pester you with some more questions? would you be willing to post that blurry pic you have of SS's all-oec band with your JM ring? you mentioned being embarrassed at its quality, so if you would rather not, i totally understand!

i am also seriously considering the individually bezeled FC band you recommended - i can't seem to let go of the FCs completely and the response to this thread was overwhelmingly in favor of them. would you describe that band as delicate also? were the FCs large enough to be appreciated, could you make out facets in them? ETA: there are some amazing pics of rings with them here on PS and they are a big reason i can't let go of the idea... but i think the FCs in the rings i am looking at are on the larger side. so, i ask this because i am guessing the FCs in this band are on the small side, and i wonder if they will have the same effect. as soon as you said the two channel-FC bands i posted here were delicate, i took them off the list because i'm don't really want something too thin/delicate.

one last thing, and then i promise i will leave you alone! i was wondering if you tried on the band ds recommended - http://singlestone.com/index.php?page=collections&catID=9&pID=247&startRow=7?????????? if so, what did you think of that one?

sorry for all the questions! this decision would be so much easier if i didn't live on the other side of the country from singlestone!! :)

I'm glad you bumped this thread, because I would've missed it! Ok I went through every photo in my iPhoto library, and I can't find it-sorry rainy. I thought I had it!

I missed the alternating round/FC band mentioned earlier in this thread, and I'm glad you linked it, because that style may very well be the perfect combo of FC and OEC. It also looks great with the JM. The millegrain/metal is more delicate on that band than on the all oec band. The beauty of the JM is that all bands sit flush, so if you go with a wider band, it will tuck under your center stone. That is why I like a slightly wider band with the JM. With my stone, anything under 4mm gets lost under the awning :wacko: of the diamond. I have a 2mm JM wedding band, which barely shows worn with the e-ring. I push the JM up from the band to create a fake gap!

The individually bezeled all FC band (.78) is very delicate. The band is slim, but the FCs are still present. I really wish you could try on the bands. While the JM is a most versatile solitaire, it has a very specific look, which certain bands complement. Shared prong, for example, is totally incongruous. Same goes for channel set. That's why I like the individually bezeled bands that reflect the JM bezel, but make sure that you request delicate/fine/small scale millegrain from your chosen vendor. JM's is so fine-kwim?

Can you go to a local shop and try on bands of different widths? Methinks something in the range of 2.5 to just under 3mm would look nice with your JM, considering the overhang of your center stone-if you're going a bit more substantial/blingy. It's really important to get a gauge of what width you prefer before you plunk down cash, especially if you are going (non-refundable) custom. Hope this helps!

Oh and before I forget, think about the rise of the band. Do you want the same height as the JM wraps? Do you care if the band heights don't match? Trying on bands locally will help you with that too. I know some folks like matching height, but I've grown to love variety in rise when stacking. Just throwing that out there as well. Good luck-looking forward to seeing what you choose!

ps-What is the diameter of your stone-including bezel? And you are not planning on wearing a spacer correct? Just the band pushed flush to the e-ring?

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
coatimundi|1307727832|2942663 said:
rainydaze|1307659730|2942018 said:

one last thing, and then i promise i will leave you alone! i was wondering if you tried on the band ds recommended - http://singlestone.com/index.php?page=collections&catID=9&pID=247&startRow=7??????????? if so, what did you think of that one?

I'm glad you bumped this thread, because I would've missed it! Ok I went through every photo in my iPhoto library, and I can't find it-sorry rainy. I thought I had it!

I missed the alternating round/FC band mentioned earlier in this thread, and I'm glad you linked it, because that style may very well be the perfect combo of FC and OEC. It also looks great with the JM. The millegrain/metal is more delicate on that band than on the all oec band. The beauty of the JM is that all bands sit flush, so if you go with a wider band, it will tuck under your center stone. That is why I like a slightly wider band with the JM. With my stone, anything under 4mm gets lost under the awning :wacko: of the diamond. I have a 2mm JM wedding band, which barely shows worn with the e-ring. I push the JM up from the band to create a fake gap!

The individually bezeled all FC band (.78) is very delicate. The band is slim, but the FCs are still present. I really wish you could try on the bands. While the JM is a most versatile solitaire, it has a very specific look, which certain bands complement. Shared prong, for example, is totally incongruous. Same goes for channel set. That's why I like the individually bezeled bands that reflect the JM bezel, but make sure that you request delicate/fine/small scale millegrain from your chosen vendor. JM's is so fine-kwim?

Can you go to a local shop and try on bands of different widths? Methinks something in the range of 2.5 to just under 3mm would look nice with your JM, considering the overhang of your center stone-if you're going a bit more substantial/blingy. It's really important to get a gauge of what width you prefer before you plunk down cash, especially if you are going (non-refundable) custom. Hope this helps!

Oh and before I forget, think about the rise of the band. Do you want the same height as the JM wraps? Do you care if the band heights don't match? Trying on bands locally will help you with that too. I know some folks like matching height, but I've grown to love variety in rise when stacking. Just throwing that out there as well. Good luck-looking forward to seeing what you choose!

ps-What is the diameter of your stone-including bezel? And you are not planning on wearing a spacer correct? Just the band pushed flush to the e-ring?

oh my - thank you for searching for the photo. i'm sorry i made you do that, though!

ha, it's so funny you talk about the 'overhang' on the JM. i did manage to try on a few eternities (regular, rb kind) real quick one day, and that was the first thing i noticed. a good portion of the top view just.... vanished! and can i just tell you i totally cracked up when you said you push your rings apart to create a gap - I SO DO THAT TOO! :lol: i adore a gap; it's probably the only 'drawback' if you will to the JM setting for me.

i'm not sure exactly the diameter with the bezel; if i remember correctly my stone is just a hair over 7mm (7.05? maaaybe 7.15?). if i had to guess, i would say the bezel is 1mm itself? i am totally pulling that out of thin air, though. i prefer not to wear a spacer if i can help it, my finger is prone to claustrophobia. :)

based just upon metal bands, i came to the same conclusion as you surmised, that somewhere between 2.5 - 3mm is probably the sweet spot for a diamond band. of course, i understand that metal bands have a totally different effect than diamond bands. sadly the best jewelers for me to test drive options are far enough away that it is a major inconvenience (i've got young 'uns. plus, even if i get us there, it's not exactly as captivating for them as it is for me, ha!). i did manage to try once at a nearby jeweler, but the experience didn't go as i had hoped. i learned very little (other than realizing that overhang!). i really should try again, i am just afraid it will happen later rather than sooner and with the rising prices, i will be priced out of what i finally decide upon!! eek!

oh yes - i keep meaning to ask the height of these rings because that IS important to me. though, you've got me thinking about it again because i'm not sure if i like the heights to match or not.

you have been a huge help coati, i can't thank you enough for sharing all this info. i think i may ask SS if the all-FC bezeled comes in other sizes (i.e. a little larger, though i'm not even sure that option would be in budget). if so, then it's looking like it will come down to that, the alternating OEC/FC individually bezeled, and the all-OEC bezeled. i might always wonder about the frenchies and they certainly got the overwhelming response here, so i am thinking i may choose one of those bands (all-FC bezeled or alternating OEC/FC bezeled) and if it doesn't wow me, then exchange it for the all-OEC bezeled since like you said, that one seems like a no brainer (heather seems willing to work with me on this, which is great).

oooorrrrr... there's a great half carat diamond with specs i've always dreamed of in a cut i adore with med. blue flouro that i could just mount in a sweet little bezel to wear on my right hand and call it a day! :rolleyes: :D

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I voted for the TR140. I love the frenchies with the square kite-set stones. Of course, it's no secret that I'm a fan of kite-set square stones :wink2: , but I really do think they complement the frenchies well.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
rainydaze|1307664683|2942071 said:

If so, I love it.

yes, that's the one! i am wondering if the frenchies are big enough to appreciate the faceting, because from what i gather that is what makes them so special.

i think i also get thrown off by that pic of it - it doesn't really showcase the FCs very well and the top part of the ring is black which, even though i know that's just angle/lighting, keeps giving me that 'blackened silver' feeling.

Someone here has that ring, but search is being wierd so I can't find it.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1307757897|2943021 said:
rainydaze|1307664683|2942071 said:

If so, I love it.

Someone here has that ring, but search is being wierd so I can't find it.

Dreamer - you saved my sanity here. i SWORE i came across that ring somewhere on her a few days ago and i SWORE i had bookmarked it.... yeah, of course not. i went searching for it and could not for the life of me find it again. i found a thread with a similar ring, also by SS, that was all emerald cuts. i thought maybe i had mixed them up? at any rate, i'm just happy to know i didn't imagine the whole thing!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1307757864|2943019 said:

thanks Dreamer! this was very helpful and i think it confirms that i can take this style out of the running. :(( this is the band that originally drew me in and i still love it.... i have been holding my finger up to the pics in this thread trying to visualize it with my ering (ame's finger looks a lot like mine, which kinda helps and is kinda freaky :rodent: ). i think it may be a bit too geometric and stark with the james meyer. still gorgeous and i know i will always be drawn to it, but i think some of the other band may go better.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lil Misfit|1307757875|2943020 said:
I voted for the TR140. I love the frenchies with the square kite-set stones. Of course, it's no secret that I'm a fan of kite-set square stones :wink2: , but I really do think they complement the frenchies well.

i think so too! that is what captivates me about this band, the 'outline' and variation of shapes. sadly, i think i have determined that it is not the best pairing with my ering. i'm sure i will always return to gawk at it, though. thanks for your input!!

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
hey rainydaze

now I finally have my wedder on my finger (hitched just last month in mauritius!) I too am looking to pair my JMs with an eternity

I have been eyeing off the french cut bands by singlestone and the many stunning bands on offer by Jbeg - along with the LM string bands

so please do post plenty of pics once you decide :wink2:

the FCs get my vote - something about their cut feels right to me with the JM ering

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
congratulations heliotrope!!

i was so excited when DH gave me the green light for an eternity band.... i never dreamed it would be THIS difficult to pin down the perfect one though. i will be sure to post pictures when and if i ever decide :wacko: , and i look forward to seeing where your journey takes you.

also, i came across another thread where pixies posted a link to a seller of singlestone rings. it has the all-FC bezeled band and gives a much better representation of it. i'll post it here in case it is useful to you too, and anyone else who might come across this thread looking for FC eternities...

http://jewelry.1stdibs.com/jewelry_item_detail.php?id=7314

i have to say, seeing these pictures sent my heart pitter pattering. they capture the FCs better and are more realistic-looking than the ones on SS's site.

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
oooh... thanks for the link - yes that makes it much clearer to visualise :love:

a little way off before we'll get the eternity - but hey after 16 years together there's nothing wrong with some recognition :wink2:

and with long fingers - I do have some real estate I can fill!!

but my personal project is to get a stack like this one happening - but in a mix of wg & yg with warmer old cuts for the right hand

there are some FC dark sapphires in there I would want to replace with those singlestone bands perhaps :Up_to_something:

stackable.jpg

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:o :love: :lickout:

wow, heliotrope, that's one hella gorgeous project!! that is the perfect rh compliment to your JM set, too.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ok, coati, i think thing are starting to come together/make sense in my crazy little head here.... i am really digging that all-FC bezeled band, especially since i found more pics of it here:

http://jewelry.1stdibs.com/jewelry_item_detail.php?id=7314

you said it was delicate, and taking into account a good part of it will get lost under the JM's overhang.... maybe that's where a spacer comes in handy? to sort of push the band out from under the JM's bezel so it shows more? i am warming to that idea, especially if i go with a 1mm spacer. i measured my ring - total diameter is approx. 9mm with bezel.

Janae335i

Rough_Rock
I am doing the exact same thing over pretty much the exact same bands! I was in love with the JBEG rose cut bezel (Heather) but in 2mm instead of the 4mm, then I came across the SS Frenchie Baguette bezel (FRETM) and I am 110% in love with that one. I have been speaking with Heather @ SS it's just the price that gets me of the frenchies $4500!
I got a quote for JBEG rose cut 2mm Heather and it is almost $2000 LESS than the SS ring. I almost want to go with that because of the price, but I am so in love with the SS frenchies.
I'm trying to convinse myself to get the JBEG Heather, then get the SS Frenchies as an anniversary gift down the road! LOL :naughty:
That would be some great bling! I wish I had longer fingers!
I can't wait to see what you decide!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Janae335i|1308861149|2953224 said:
I am doing the exact same thing over pretty much the exact same bands! I was in love with the JBEG rose cut bezel (Heather) but in 2mm instead of the 4mm, then I came across the SS Frenchie Baguette bezel (FRETM) and I am 110% in love with that one. I have been speaking with Heather @ SS it's just the price that gets me of the frenchies $4500!
I got a quote for JBEG rose cut 2mm Heather and it is almost $2000 LESS than the SS ring. I almost want to go with that because of the price, but I am so in love with the SS frenchies.
I'm trying to convinse myself to get the JBEG Heather, then get the SS Frenchies as an anniversary gift down the road! LOL :naughty:
That would be some great bling! I wish I had longer fingers!
I can't wait to see what you decide!

hi Janae! first let me just say that i am captivated by your avatar. man, that is gorgeous!!

i still don't know for sure what i am going to do, but i think i am close. i requested a quote from victor canera for an all-french cut band, individually bezeled similar to the SS one, and he came back with it costing less for more carat weight (1.7 vs. .78, if memory serves) and he can also do hand engraving on the sides which i LOVE for a very nominal amount! i really suggest you get in touch with him, i think you would be pleasantly surprised!

he also suggested alternating two round bezeled diamonds with one frenchie without my saying anything (after i sent him a photo of my ering), and since others here have also recommended similar designs i can't help but think that's the right way to go. he was kind enough to send me a 'mockup' ring of this to print out an 'try on', and i can't begin to tell you how much that helped. the mockup looks pretty sweet with my ring, so i am very close to pulling the trigger on that one...

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
D&T, i love your ring! seeing it on your finger made me swoon - that's the same outline as i am considering and boy does it look :lickout:. thank you for posting those pictures.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rainydaze said:
D&T, i love your ring! seeing it on your finger made me swoon - that's the same outline as i am considering and boy does it look :lickout:. thank you for posting those pictures.

Thank you! I'm really excited to see what Victor cooks up for you :appl: You won't be disappointed, the last band in my picture was done by Victor and it has engravings on the underside plus fine milgrain. I'm soooo looking forward to your band, as I've been seriously contemplating (more wishy washy ) about getting another band to interchange... a channel set FC baguette? ::)

btw- I love love your ring! Bezel goodness :love: just love those details simple but so incredibly unique and outstanding. I love bezels!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results