shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you worried about the Coronavirus?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
We didn’t get tested. We had an appointment at Walgreens to get our tests. They had volunteers doing the job. No PPE. First volunteer walks out and is drying his wet hands on his shirt. Second volunteer who helped us was wearing her mask under her nose. Even when I asked that she fix it, she seemed confused and didn’t. Next, she had gloved up but was handling this dirty clipboard that everyone uses. It had procedures and disclaimers for her to read. The final straw was when she used her same gloved hands to get our test equipment together. The swab vial and bag were touched by her dirty gloves. We drove off. We will get tested later this week.

My son was tested at CVS and said they were in full PPE. They wiped everything down and changed gloves.

Good you drove off! I would have too! We have a drive through Covid test at CVS. They gave the person in front of me in the drive through lane a paper bag in a mesh tub. They had to give the back the mesh tub which I hope they sprayed down with disinfectant. The person who is tested opened a hanging receptacle and dropped in the completed test in a plastic bag. He wasn’t wearing gloves..The cvs guy at the window didn’t have gloves on either. I wore gloves to get my prescription. I threw it all into a paper shopping bag and left it there along with my card for a few days. Then I wiped everything off. Crazy!
I hope the cvs is better near you..I’m hoping you’re all negative..

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
btw, my husband is negative for corona which I'm thankful for. I saw pictures of that conference and my goodness...... while they kept the conference floor spread out, it was the after dinners and parties that worried me the most. he was thankfully smart and did not go to any parties, but did go to the last dinner for the conference.

@House Cat thats awful..like so bad on many levels..... glad you didn't get your tests there! Hopefully you will be able to get them done and a much more medically rigid place.

Tuesday I have to go to Miami go pick up my new credentials...I do not want to go but I can't log in without them....As I'm not independently wealthy off to Miami.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
good luck @Arcadian

exercise every possible precaution and stay safe and strong on your journey to miami and back

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium

hedgehog93

Rough_Rock
Sending lots of love to those in US/Europe!!

NSW just hit 0 new cases today. Incredible considering how open everything is.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh just woke up to unpleasant news this AM.

"The announcement on Monday is designed to prepare people here for more restrictions," NPR's Frank Langfitt reports from London. "Last week, the government limited gatherings to no more than six people, indoors or out. New restrictions could reportedly include banning separate households from meeting and imposing a curfew on pubs and restaurants — as has already occurred in parts of England."

I wish the USA would get smart about this and start being more conservative with their openings etc. My POV is we are being way too lax and it is going to come back and bite us in the proverbial you know what.

@hedgehog93 that is amazing. Best wishes for continued success and no more infections.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh just woke up to unpleasant news this AM.

"The announcement on Monday is designed to prepare people here for more restrictions," NPR's Frank Langfitt reports from London. "Last week, the government limited gatherings to no more than six people, indoors or out. New restrictions could reportedly include banning separate households from meeting and imposing a curfew on pubs and restaurants — as has already occurred in parts of England."

I wish the USA would get smart about this and start being more conservative with their openings etc. My POV is we are being way too lax and it is going to come back and bite us in the proverbial you know what.

@hedgehog93 that is amazing. Best wishes for continued success and no more infections.

Well unfortunately, snow birds are coming back to FL (including a few from Canada) People do not care. its about them and thats all they give a crap about. when the head of the snake has that attitude, it rolls downhill in a very big way.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well unfortunately, snow birds are coming back to FL (including a few from Canada) People do not care. its about them and thats all they give a crap about. when the head of the snake has that attitude, it rolls downhill in a very big way.

Yeah. (Some) People can be/are so ugly.
Selfish and ugly.

:(

Stay safe! Lots of good thoughts and well wishes being sent your way.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
Sending lots of love to those in US/Europe!!

NSW just hit 0 new cases today. Incredible considering how open everything is.

that is so good to hear!!! long may it last!!! it's encouraging to know, that somewhere, people are doing well!!! and thank you, we need every last bit of it.

Last edited:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tougher measures have just been announced for England and other parts of UK that are likely to last for 6 months.

A repeat of the full lockdown as experienced in March 2020 has been avoided for now, however, it has not been completely ruled out.

As I had expected, to be honest. And I made the decision not to continue with indoor choir practices until further notice, as I just do not feel comfortable about it.

DK :confused2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just found out through a friend that Israel is once again in a lockdown of sorts. :(

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is such a sad story...28 years young!

There was an interview with Adeline’s sister today. It was incredibly sad to watch. My heart goes out to her family. What a terrible loss.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hurricane ((s) from all alphabets)) don't close airports??? I don't get it.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I did hear that some areas outside the US are getting their 2nd wave. The way folks act in the US we'll never leave the first! My trip was pretty uneventful though there were a lot of people in that damn room. But, each person went in the elevator by themselves. You had to get temp checked, and you hands cleaned...twice. They were NOT taking chances...lol

6 people in the waiting area (which from what I was told, maxed it out!) and everyone wore a mask. Thankfully I was able to get what I needed and left.....30 minutes later. though I was starving, did not stop for gas or food, just drove home. tired now.....
Hurricane ((s) from all alphabets)) don't close airports??? I don't get it.

Usually not for long! As soon as the threat is over, they're back in business.... but, reality is, many drive to get here, which can mean time on the road, time at gas stations, hotels, restaurants, and who knows what. No way in hell would I drive through the US into some states that have ridiculous amounts of covid, just to come to FL which still has ridiculous amount of covid. And then once here, you know they'll not quarantine,they'll go out get food and other supplies if they didn't bring with. I can see it for an emergency situation but coming here because you hate the cold isn't exactly an emergency...lol

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I did hear that some areas outside the US are getting their 2nd wave. The way folks act in the US we'll never leave the first! My trip was pretty uneventful though there were a lot of people in that damn room. But, each person went in the elevator by themselves. You had to get temp checked, and you hands cleaned...twice. They were NOT taking chances...lol

6 people in the waiting area (which from what I was told, maxed it out!) and everyone wore a mask. Thankfully I was able to get what I needed and left.....30 minutes later. though I was starving, did not stop for gas or food, just drove home. tired now.....

Usually not for long! As soon as the threat is over, they're back in business.... but, reality is, many drive to get here, which can mean time on the road, time at gas stations, hotels, restaurants, and who knows what. No way in hell would I drive through the US into some states that have ridiculous amounts of covid, just to come to FL which still has ridiculous amount of covid. And then once here, you know they'll not quarantine,they'll go out get food and other supplies if they didn't bring with. I can see it for an emergency situation but coming here because you hate the cold isn't exactly an emergency...lol

Yeah, the stupidity all around us is truly mind boggling. I mean, I couldn't dream up more stupid behavior. Praying we all get through this in one piece and remain healthy and all our loved ones remain healthy and safe. We live in scary times mainly because people behave as if they do not have any common sense. :(

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are having more cases up here. I don't think we'll get locked down again, but I'm mentally preparing anyway. This whole thing has done a real number on our emotions about life in general. We've changed our thinking in many ways.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Second day of zero cases from the community!!!

Our Premier is so pleased with us she is going to let 20 people dance per wedding (20 pre nominated people will be allowed to dance).

Plus we are allowed to fly to Adelaide!!! Not that I am going (there is not much in Adelaide besides a zoo with pandas) but they have deemed us clean enough to enter their state!

Victoria is slowly going down at 12 cases today. Poor things! It feels like they have been locked up since forever!

Vietnam has also been absolutely awesome in their containment of the virus. 20 days without community transmission! In a population of 95 million people that's pretty amazing. I don't think the numbers are bogus either because I have spoken to some relatives who live in Vietnam and life is fairly normal for them (albeit masks and social distancing).

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I feel like it’s getting closer to home now. My older kid has headed off to university, and after 2 weeks, predictably, there are lots of cases. He had to have a Covid test yesterday, so we await the result. If he has to self isolate it will be in his halls of residence, for 2 weeks. I won’t even be able to take care of him.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Hang in there everybody.
I tend to go radio silent and brood when I get worried but I'm reading and following all of your comments and they are important to me.
My heart is with you all.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So the infection rate is rising rapidly in NYC. Thanks to schools opening and to the Jewish New Year and people gathering. Why can't people practice common sense? An ounce of prevention. So annoyed and pissed. The Infection rate is rising fast and we are in trouble. I saw this happening from a mile away. SMH.

@Snowdrop13 sending you and your son so many healing vibes and good thoughts. May he remain well and safe.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I downloaded the track and trace app yesterday, and discovered my home town is rated "medium" risk, which did not come as a surprise to me, as I am aware of a number of cases, including allegedly one death in a cake factory in the industrial estate behind my house!

London is now on the government's watch list.

It really would not surprise me if there is a second lockdown in the same magnitude as the first!

Stocked up on loo papers yesterday, so I am fine! JOKING - not panic buying - I needed to replenish supply, and the shop I went to only has one last pack of 24s in the brand that I like in stock last night. It will last me for months!

DK :))

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So the infection rate is rising rapidly in NYC. Thanks to schools opening and to the Jewish New Year and people gathering. Why can't people practice common sense? An ounce of prevention. So annoyed and pissed. The Infection rate is rising fast and we are in trouble. I saw this happening from a mile away. SMH.

@Snowdrop13 sending you and your son so many healing vibes and good thoughts. May he remain well and safe.

Thank you @missy I’ve just heard he tested positive, but he’s had very few symptoms so far. High temp and dry cough for a few hours only. Have just been to buy food (and underwear!) to keep him going for a while. He has to isolate for 10 days :rolleyes:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

And schools aren't even fully open! That won't happen until October 1st.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are signs of panic buying in my home town even without any mention of a local lockdown.

Panic buying has been reported elsewhere, and the supermarkets were quick to react this time, and started to ration certain items right away.

London is now on the government's watch list, and it would not come as a surprise if a local lockdown is imposed.

Not sure how effective is the new restrictions, such as the 22:00 curfew for pubs, bars and restaurants as there were reports of people partying in the streets after they left the venues in city centres en masse! :roll2:

I used my NHS Track and Trace app to scan the restaurant I went to last night.

Early that evening, I went to the only pub in town that I would willingly go to currently, and used the app to scan the QR code displayed on the table, to find the app could not recognise it, to be informed by my friends who were there that the code was for the beer menus, and that they had made the same mistake as I did. :lol-2:

Finding small amusements like this keeps me going during these strange and crazy times!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is official now. Governor Murphy has declared there is a huge uptick in Covid cases here in Monmouth County NJ as well as 4 other counties. :(

And schools aren't even fully open! That won't happen until October 1st.

I know, right? It's crazy. We can see it coming but we are powerless to stop the onslaught.
All we can do is try to protect ourselves and our loved ones as best as we can given the circumstances.

:(

Stay safe everyone.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finding small amusements like this keeps me going during these strange and crazy times!

Yes. Agreed. Anything we can do to distract, amuse and otherwise engage us is good. We must keep our sanity no matter how challenging the situation becomes. We have no choice but to persevere. One day, one hour, one minute, at a time.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. Agreed. Anything we can do to distract, amuse and otherwise engage us is good. We must keep our sanity no matter how challenging the situation becomes. We have no choice but to persevere. One day, one hour, one minute, at a time.

Indeed!

Fingers firmly crossed that an effective vaccine will be available soon, not rushed through, but proven to be safe, effective and of good quality supported by sufficient clinical data, etc. etc...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Indeed!

Fingers firmly crossed that an effective vaccine will be available soon, not rushed through, but proven to be safe, effective and of good quality supported by sufficient clinical data, etc. etc...

I don't want to be a downer but from what I am reading and understanding Covid 19 is here to stay through most of (all?) of next year. So I am unsure as to what the vaccine has to offer if not to eradicate it sooner? Perhaps the hope that an effective vaccine will be available soon is overly optimistic and reinforced by politicians who have something to gain by exaggerating the truth? IDK. But all reports indicate this pandemic won't be over soon. Again I do not want to be negative but just want to be realistic and not overly hopeful just to have our dreams dashed. Anyway hoping for the best (always) that an effective vaccine will be available and widely given soon but realistically expecting it might be another year at least til we are pandemic free. :/

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gatherings to be limited to 30 persons this weekend. I was waiting for this and personally think it's not enough, given 15797 new cases in France yesterday in spite of masks in public and pretty good compliance everywhere I go.

But my outlaws (both mid 70ies, fil diabetic on top ) are currently going on and on in the family chat group about how the government is suppressing us and there will be public uproar . :wall: :wall: :wall: I'm not even saying anything anymore.
If they want to empirically prove their chances of surviving Covid then so be it. Just stop dragging innocent people into this!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results