clarity

Are you worried about the Coronavirus?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH was sick over the weekend and got tested on Monday, he tested positive this morning. Thankfully seems to have been a mild infection, rather amazing too considering he is considered high risk.

I'm sorry your dh tested positive @YadaYadaYada but glad to read he has a mild case...wishing him a speedy recovery and that everyone stays safe. <3

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @junebug17, I guess a bright spot is not having to go grocery shopping, here is hoping there is an open spot for online ordering!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @lyra, I think he will be okay but I will pass along all the well wishes.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada , Sending dust and prayers to your husband and family. I’m happy to hear he is having a mild case. You are doing all you can to keep your children and you safe. Hang in there.

You have lots of people here who care about you here. If you start to feel overwhelmed and need support, please come here and talk. Hugs

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada sorry to hear about your husband! I hope it continues to be a mild.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG!
@YadaYadaYada! Please tell your hubby that I send best wishes, and I hope he has a speedy recovery.
Wow, I hope you and the kids don't get it. I'll be thinking of you all, please keep us updated!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will do @stracci2000. Here is the thing, prior to today he was working from home and helping around the house (test was Monday so he has been home since). Now all of a sudden he is sitting around basically incapacitated :roll2:

I should have asked him to do the dishes before he got the call today :doh:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Will do @stracci2000. Here is the thing, prior to today he was working from home and helping around the house (test was Monday so he has been home since). Now all of a sudden he is sitting around basically incapacitated :roll2:

He’s probably scared...You have my sympathy though. When my husband has a cold he becomes five years old. I can’t imagine if he got Covid. You deserve bling after he gets better. :bigsmile:

Musia

Brilliant_Rock

I love your sense of humor in this uncertain situation :). Hope your DH doesn't have anything but mild symptoms till he is completely healed and no one in the family gets sick. Praying for all of you :love:

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, there is no rhyme or reason where I work. One week I come in and they whole upstairs is home for quarantine because one of their staff was positive and one girl downstairs because she had been in same room as person that was positive. 2 weeks go by they are all back from quarantine 2 days, then the lady from downstairs calls me and asks if I have been near anyone with COVID and proceeds to tell me she is on quarantine again (she's already had it) because of a staff member she was near, they ask me when I come in one day if I was in contact with the positive person and I said yes, the lady downstairs and I both had been in contact with the gentleman who had it this time. I don't get quarantined, I am told to let them know if I start feeling the symptoms but don't send me home. WTF??

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada, I am sorry to read that your husband has tested positive. I'm glad he seems to have a mild case and hope he gets better soon.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, there is no rhyme or reason where I work. One week I come in and they whole upstairs is home for quarantine because one of their staff was positive and one girl downstairs because she had been in same room as person that was positive. 2 weeks go by they are all back from quarantine 2 days, then the lady from downstairs calls me and asks if I have been near anyone with COVID and proceeds to tell me she is on quarantine again (she's already had it) because of a staff member she was near, they ask me when I come in one day if I was in contact with the positive person and I said yes, the lady downstairs and I both had been in contact with the gentleman who had it this time. I don't get quarantined, I am told to let them know if I start feeling the symptoms but don't send me home. WTF??

@autumngems That’s crazy! They should have also phoned you instead of having you come in and potentially expose someone else. The whole thing doesn’t make sense.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
@YadaYadaYada
im very sorry that your husband has gotten sick. i hoping his symptoms continue to be mild. i also hope that you are your children can remain well and safe

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee, that’s sick men for ya! I do like the bling idea :dance:

@Musia, it’s just better to laugh, always makes an unpleasant situation somewhat less so, thanks for the well wishes.

@autumngems, that is insane, it sound like they don’t have a clear procedure and they just wing it as they go.

Thank you @pearlsngems and @Big Fat Facets for the well wishes! :wavey:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada sending healthy vibes to your husband, your children and especially you! Cause if momma ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy!
And oh yes to a new piece of bling for nursing him back to health!! I’ll personally help you pick it out!! :lol: You’ll deserve it!! ♥

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Slick1, I really appreciate the get well wishes and will gladly take you up on bling assistance :Up_to_something:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear this @YadaYadaYada. I hope his symptoms are mild and you stay healthy.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada , I’m so sorry to hear about your husband. I hope his symptoms remain mild and that the rest of you stay healthy. Please keep us posted.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @House Cat, we are both sick now, the kids are okay so far.

@ItsMainelyYou, I’m going to make some chicken soup today, can’t wait to eat it already.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Oh no @YadaYadaYada I'm sooo sorry to hear you and your hubby are not feeling well. Please rest, drink lots of water, and enjoy your chicken soup. Speedy recovery are my prayers.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @House Cat, we are both sick now, the kids are okay so far.

@ItsMainelyYou, I’m going to make some chicken soup today, can’t wait to eat it already.

Oh no!! This wasn’t the news I was hoping for. Please take good care of yourself. That soup is a great idea...I always love making a huge batch and then I live on it for a few days.

I’ll be thinking of you guys.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought I would share symptoms since they can vary and easily be mistaken for a flu or something else.

DH first had symptoms Friday:

Fever of 99.8
Chills
Upset stomach
Headache

These symptoms lasted for two days and then improved although the fever broke overnight. He felt well enough to do normal things around the house and work from home. Six days in he realized his sense of taste was diminished, we tested this by having him eat a scotch bonnet pepper and he was able to eat a good bit before getting any heat from it.

Now he has a cough, he woke up this morning with a clogged right ear. No fever or any other symptoms.

He was shocked when they told him it was COVID, we really thought it was just a passing flu or something else because we expected so much worse with his pre-existing health conditions.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results