shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you worried about the Coronavirus?

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Calliecake I’m happy your brother tested negative. I was behind a person that took a covid test at cvs. I was wondering what was taking so long. I saw him drop a bag into a receptacle. When I drove up I saw it was for covid tests.. I wish we had home tests so we could take them before visiting with relatives. This has been the hardest thing for me to cope with..I want to hug my children and my grandchildren. I’m going to cry a river when I’m able to do so...

I feel the same way @MamaBee . We are so lucky that we have the technology we have today. What did we do before we could see pictures and videos of the little ones everyday?

@junebug17 , I’m kind of glad he didn‘t tell me about it before yesterday. I did two weeks worth of worrying last night.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Great.
Maine is having even more outbreaks all over the state because of that Baptist preacher Covid denier and the wedding. It's now a superspreader event. It's hit the US Naval Shipyard, several hundred miles away, who employs @6000 people. It's across the state and spreading rapidly. We are the 'oldest' state in the country. I'm terrified for my Mainers that this will now spiral out of control.
Our only hope to control is our state contact tracing, which they are, diligently.
Stay vigilant!

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
Great.
Maine is having even more outbreaks all over the state because of that Baptist preacher Covid denier and the wedding. It's now a superspreader event. It's hit the US Naval Shipyard, several hundred miles away, who employs @6000 people. It's across the state and spreading rapidly. We are the 'oldest' state in the country. I'm terrified for my Mainers that this will now spiral out of control.
Our only hope to control is our state contact tracing, which they are, diligently.
Stay vigilant!

sending prayers, protective strengthening vibes to you and the great state of maine ...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great.
Stay vigilant!
That’s horrible @ItsMainelyYou I hope they will be able to contain it quickly..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My dog needs a bath BADLY! I can’t bathe him because he’s too big with very dense fur. I don’t have the best back. I made an appointment for a bath at a kennel that’s really like a pet hotel.They are wonderful...I’m now worrying that he may pick Covid up there...and then pass it to us. What do you guys think?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
@Big Fat Facets Thank you for linking the articles. I read them before I posted but it’s
hard to determine how much of a risk it is. You’re very sweet!

thank you mamabee!

i'd say if the facility personnel and the technician were masked then i could be ok.

because (im thinking "outloud" on the keyboard) ... they will be using copious amounts of dog shampoo which is soap based so ought to be ok??

but its the blow drying process that somewhat concerns me ... it warm/hottish air an the technician could be uncomfy in a mask ...

it's a tough call ...

I don't know if they have it in your town.. but there are facilities where you can wash your dog they provide the elevated sink and extendable hose faucet so you don't have to bend down ...

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
We (everyone in our household) are now self isolating till 28th Sept. The mum of my son's friend was pinged by Track and Trace as having been in close contact with an inflected person (Monday). Their whole family was told to isolate but yesterday (Thursday) they were tested and the results came back with the whole family being positive (the kids have no symptoms). So this afternoon (Friday) I got a call from the school saying DS (12) had been in contact with someone who tested positive and now we (four in the house) must isolate for two weeks. I'm not overly worried; DH and I work from home and in the grand scheme of things 14 days in the house is no hardship, although DS (and the other 4 school friends who are also now isolating) thinks he'll be spending two weeks on the PlayStation (not). It does give me some confidence in the track and trace system though.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
thank you mamabee!

i'd say if the facility personnel and the technician were masked then i could be ok.

because (im thinking "outloud" on the keyboard) ... they will be using copious amounts of dog shampoo which is soap based so ought to be ok??

but its the blow drying process that somewhat concerns me ... it warm/hottish air an the technician could be uncomfy in a mask ...

it's a tough call ...

I don't know if they have it in your town.. but there are facilities where you can wash your dog they provide the elevated sink and extendable hose faucet so you don't have to bend down ...

I cancelled it.. :/

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
I cancelled it.. :/

@MamaBee

do you have a "self service dog wash" facility in your town or close by??

so much nicer and lovelier to have a clean dog, i remember when i had my golden, still miss her so much ...

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I woke up with a low grade fever this morning. It went away halfway during the day. My husband and I are getting tested in the morning.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will confess here that my new puppy gets in the bath with me, so no groomer needed, Mamabee. However...in your situation I assume that is not an option :lol:

Housecat, all the best to you with your test.

On another note, could someone please update me on how bad things are in the States? Several friends have severely warned me not to come back. They seemed almost panicked. They said to just accept living in France and not even think about the United States as home for a long long time. That was a little unsettling.
It’s not great here, but there seems to be less news coverage, and conversation, about the virus, and it doesn’t feel unsafe. Masks are mandatory everywhere including out of doors, but that and the handwashing and the sanitizer kiosks have become a normal part of life to the point where you don’t think too much about danger.
Can some PSers in the United States chime in about they’re feeling about the level of safety in the States right now??

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will confess here that my new puppy gets in the bath with me, so no groomer needed, Mamabee. However...in your situation I assume that is not an option :lol:

On another note, could someone please update me on how bad things are in the States? Several friends have severely warned me not to come back. They seemed almost panicked. They said to just accept living in France and not even think about the United States as home for a long long time. That was a little unsettling.
It’s not great here, but there seems to be less news coverage, and conversation, about the virus, and it doesn’t feel unsafe. Masks are mandatory everywhere including out of doors, but that and the handwashing and the sanitizer kiosks have become a normal part of life to the point where you don’t think too much about danger.
Can some PSers in the United States chime in about they’re feeling about the level of safety in the States right now??

So I can only speak for NY and NJ and it seems (knock wood and fingers and toes crossed) all is going OK. Our infection rate is low and I hope it stays that way. Though if I were to take an educated guess I would say with restaurants and movie theaters and schools opening we will probably have a second wave within the next few weeks if not sooner. Sorry to share that unhappy thought but that is what I think. That is, IMO, inevitable given how recklessly things are reopening. IMO.

But since you are asking about right now, right now NY and NJ are pretty good.

Stay safe and be well @Jimmianne

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock

things are really not very good jimmianne. by all accounts, we are the worst off in terms of infections. the country is very torn and divided. im hoping after the election this division will soften.

most governing agencies and businesses require masks to be worn in public. BUT so many protest against it sighting various reasons and violation of fundamental rights. i would say as a whole, americans are not very compliant, even if their well being depended on it.

Business are really desperate to reopen. at the moment restaurants have reopended indoor dining in addition to the allowed dining alfresco. cinema houses have also re-opened. I don't this this is conducive to containment, quite the contrary.

California was one of the first states to shelter in place. Seemingly, faring quite well ... until the decision was made to, in phases, open back up. Well, largely, due that decision we are in a very very bad position.

It feels, just a complete chaotic wreck. Just my opinion ...

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am bracing myself mentally for a second lockdown in UK/England, as I believe it is inevitable and imminent, based on the latest statistics reported in the news.

I am glad I had already decided to cancel Christmas due to lack of opportunities to celebrate with friends and family etc...

DK :(2

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@House Cat, How are you feeling today? I hope you are a little feeling less anxious. I wish I could say something to help you feel not as afraid.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
It depends on where in the US your talking about.
There are huge variables based on location and on what precautions one is taking.
Right now my area has been a slow trickle with few deaths because the doctors stopped killing people with the wrong treatment and those getting it are younger as the older folks are taking better precautions.
There are still clusters where someone brings it home to entire families which account for a very saddening percentage of cases.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee , Would it make you feel more comfortable if you knew everyone at the groomers wore masks? Did you call and find out what their protocols are now with Covid?

The vets in our area are only allowing employees and pets in the building. You call when you arrive, they send someone to come to the parking lot to get your pet. They are masked and gloved. They call you over the phone to discuss the diagnosis and bring your pet back to the car.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I can tell you we're very watchful up north.
Maine had the second lowest infection rate in the country and as I relayed earlier, a preacher citing his religious conviction/protection as denial of Covid caused a superspreader event across the state. He preaches this to his congregation, and they believe him. It has now reached the Naval Shipyard- which has 6,000 dedicated US Gov. employees and as I learned yesterday another 4,000 contract employees. That's 10,000 people on an island coming in daily from 3 states. The true numbers of infection there will not be released fully to the public citing 'security concerns'. There are 18 officially there as of yesterday from a ride share. The infection is directly linked to the wedding upstate. The true number will be much higher. Maine's very low state numbers are on a slow uptick. Our local state gov't is implementing all necessary trace and precaution. For this I am grateful.

There is a sizable portion of Americans that refuse to alter their lifestyles for the protection of others because 'reasons'.
The south has infection rates running rampant in some areas and I expect some significant spikes in other parts of the country due to reopening with noncompliance. Peruse the major news outlets both domestic and foreign to see for yourself, there is much there. The alternative official plan push as of now is the misnomer as coined 'herd mentality' or herd immunity. Precaution is dictated by location/polarization. We have the highest level of infection/death in the world with weak localized mitigation. It endangers us all.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee , Would it make you feel more comfortable if you knew everyone at the groomers wore masks? Did you call and find out what their protocols are now with Covid?

The vets in our area are only allowing employees and pets in the building. You call when you arrive, they send someone to come to the parking lot to get your pet. They are masked and gloved. They call you over the phone to discuss the diagnosis and bring your pet back to the car.

I’m sorry @MamaBee , I meant to add the groomer may have a similar policy now due to Covid.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m sorry @MamaBee , I meant to add the groomer may have a similar policy now due to Covid.

They do @Calliecake...I think I’m going to attempt it myself. It’s two hours to drive him and pick him up. I’m going to give it a try...I thought about @Jimmianne taking a bath with Kine..and thought maybe I could take a shower with him. I came to my senses when I had visions of breaking glass and blood..:lol:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As @dk168 said above, the UK is heading into a second wave, despite doing so very well a few months ago. Schools opened early in Sept & things went pretty much back to normal. We are now in a local lockdown for our town, effective from Tuesday. We have seen more positive cases here in the last week than we have for a while - it was May when things were last this bad. We also have had no deaths for a couple of months, but had a death here yesterday.

My daughter is at her new High School in Year 7 & things are going great for her, but from Monday, masks are mandatory in communal spaces due to 9 symptomatic students with a positive test. For those symptomatic students, how many students are asymptomatic?? My daughter could be carrying it at the moment. I just keep my fingers crossed that my husband & i are such exercise junkies that it must work in our favour. But who the hell knows? :cry2:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We didn’t get tested. We had an appointment at Walgreens to get our tests. They had volunteers doing the job. No PPE. First volunteer walks out and is drying his wet hands on his shirt. Second volunteer who helped us was wearing her mask under her nose. Even when I asked that she fix it, she seemed confused and didn’t. Next, she had gloved up but was handling this dirty clipboard that everyone uses. It had procedures and disclaimers for her to read. The final straw was when she used her same gloved hands to get our test equipment together. The swab vial and bag were touched by her dirty gloves. We drove off. We will get tested later this week.

My son was tested at CVS and said they were in full PPE. They wiped everything down and changed gloves.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
wow.
that wallgreens experience is, downright, HORRIFYING!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results