shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you worried about the Coronavirus?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monroe County is also closing beaches for the holiday. as the holiday gets closer more are making their decisions.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mom just called me to tell me she’s watching the news and the NJ malls are mobbed (first week opened) and people are wearing their masks under their noses.

SMH
191DAE67-A183-46BA-9CE8-D3035D1C5123.jpeg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Day 122 for DH. Very gradual improvement. Down to 90% oxygen a few times today. Trying to balance resting to recover with being active in small bursts to help strengthen body & mind and build some stamina. Medical leave from work extended to 7/15. Hoping he will be better by then. Right now, he can manage about 2 hours per day at a computer and 30 minutes pulling weeds in the garden. Can't manage 3 hours at a computer even without the garden.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There's more beach closures. https://floridapolitics.com/archives/325997-which-florida-beaches-are-closed-which-are-still-open

There's a public meeting in St. Lucie county today at 2pm est. will be interesting because its about the mask mandate in particular.

Speaking of masks

which I think helps to clarify a few things. Quilters cotton is really the best bet (its also nicely breathable if not too many layers used)

If gulf beaches are open I think thats where lots of people will head.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sharing this second-hand story from my brother who lives in northern Florida.
A friend and his wife wanted Covid testing. There wasn’t any near them so they scheduled an appt in a neighboring county. When they arrived for their appt, there was a very long line. Not wanting to wait, they left. About four days later, wife gets a letter in the mail stating that she has tested positive for Covid. She didn’t even get tested. Idk... I. Just. Don’t. Know.

Just wear a mask. It’s a pandemic! It’s not that hard!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am on the coast of NC, they opened the beaches and it's been a madhouse ever since then. In the last week we have had 5 restaurants close due to staff being positive. Our numbers are climbing crazy (my town now a hotspot). People refuse to wear masks and local law officials won't enforce businesses not doing it (employees aren't even wearing at many restaurants). Can't get Law enforcement or County Health to do anything and it's getting worse with tourists everywhere. I DO NOT see a normal school year at all, if we go back. Also, I work for military and we have had to close 1 of our day care centers due to staff being positive, so now no child care and no work for those military personnel that don't have childcare now. I also found out that military does not report their numbers to county so our base alone has 300 people we didn't know. What a mess

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sharing this second-hand story from my brother who lives in northern Florida.
A friend and his wife wanted Covid testing. There wasn’t any near them so they scheduled an appt in a neighboring county. When they arrived for their appt, there was a very long line. Not wanting to wait, they left. About four days later, wife gets a letter in the mail stating that she has tested positive for Covid. She didn’t even get tested. Idk... I. Just. Don’t. Know.

Was it a county test center? where I am there's also several county or private test centers one can go to.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arcadian I am guessing county, since it was more still in the, “See how fake it is, the county is making things up,” vein.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This tells me that someone who did test positive didn’t get their letter...

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I am on the coast of NC, they opened the beaches and it's been a madhouse ever since then. In the last week we have had 5 restaurants close due to staff being positive. Our numbers are climbing crazy (my town now a hotspot). People refuse to wear masks and local law officials won't enforce businesses not doing it (employees aren't even wearing at many restaurants). Can't get Law enforcement or County Health to do anything and it's getting worse with tourists everywhere. I DO NOT see a normal school year at all, if we go back. Also, I work for military and we have had to close 1 of our day care centers due to staff being positive, so now no child care and no work for those military personnel that don't have childcare now. I also found out that military does not report their numbers to county so our base alone has 300 people we didn't know. What a mess

I am right there with you. Unbelievable crowds at the NC beaches with no social distancing and no masks. Even though masks are supposedly mandatory in the state (and our city), no enforcement at all. Covid positive numbers are climbing dramatically in all the coastal counties- but Myrtle Beach in South Carolina is even more of a nightmare. We are not at that stage...yet. I'm sorry you're having to deal with this on your base. It must be especially difficult to social distance in the military. It really is a terrible mess

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I cannot believe we opened malls in NJ. I understand we need to get back to work and I support folks working in retail and services completely. It's the execution on the strategy to protect them and shoppers that troubles me. The only thing I can do is avoid large crowds and that includes no mall shopping trips for me for at least the next year.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am right there with you. Unbelievable crowds at the NC beaches with no social distancing and no masks. Even though masks are supposedly mandatory in the state (and our city), no enforcement at all. Covid positive numbers are climbing dramatically in all the coastal counties- but Myrtle Beach in South Carolina is even more of a nightmare. We are not at that stage...yet. I'm sorry you're having to deal with this on your base. It must be especially difficult to social distance in the military. It really is a terrible mess

Are you in NC? coastal? The traffic already for the 4th started last week and it's insane. I fear it will only worsen as military members travel out of state for the 4th and then come back. Also a neighboring military base just closed 2 of it's child care centers.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am still apprehensive despite gradual easing of lockdown restrictions.

I would still avoid going to places where social distancing is not practical, and have not planned to board a plane or use public transport in the foreseeable future.

DK :(2

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where I live in CA we are getting stricter again with closures. No more indoor dining, museums, movie theaters, etc. Its a good thing because the case numbers here are getting terrifying.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
the FL numbers are eye watering. We hit over 10K cases in a day in Florida and some bars thinks its stupid they can't open.

My eyes rolled so damn hard they damn near fell out my head....

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Are you in NC? coastal? The traffic already for the 4th started last week and it's insane. I fear it will only worsen as military members travel out of state for the 4th and then come back. Also a neighboring military base just closed 2 of it's child care centers.

Yes, we have a coastal home. I'm not quite sure why everyone is heading here for the July 4th weekend- everything was cancelled!! I guess they may have had reservations for quite awhile and decided to keep them. It's gotten to the point that I'm afraid to go anywhere with the influx of people. I expect we will have another huge rise in covid cases about 2 weeks from this weekend.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
the FL numbers are eye watering. We hit over 10K cases in a day in Florida and some bars thinks its stupid they can't open.

My eyes rolled so damn hard they damn near fell out my head....

I wonder what will happen after the GOP convention.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Demon

Brilliant_Rock

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am still apprehensive despite gradual easing of lockdown restrictions.

I would still avoid going to places where social distancing is not practical, and have not planned to board a plane or use public transport in the foreseeable future.

DK :(2

That makes two of us.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I heard yesterday that there are now only 3 Covid patients in our local hospitals, let’s just hope it stays that way with pubs opening up today. We didn’t go to pubs before, so we won’t be going anytime soon.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw some images from UK where ....whew. bars need to stay closed. seriously

In NY, idiots that went to a massive party wouldn't even cooperate until they were told they would get fined. And some even lied about being at the party in the first place.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@Arcadian I agree about the UK. I have posted on another thread but our Government asking people to be 'sensible' then opening bars at 6am on saturday morning, trusting people to socially distance while binge drinking....well, it's not going to happen! :wall:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are probably the same people who’ve been ignoring the lockdown from the word go @Niffler75, thinking this is some kind of hoax or that they’re immune. Unfortunately, there isn’t nor will ever be, a cure for stupid!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arcadian I agree about the UK. I have posted on another thread but our Government asking people to be 'sensible' then opening bars at 6am on saturday morning, trusting people to socially distance while binge drinking....well, it's not going to happen! :wall:

Nobody wants to learn from America....lol They opened bars way too soon and we've got spikes all over the place. I'm thankful our bars remained closed because we're the number 3 county for corona virus in our state. with over 11K positives for the state (some of it is backlog, but still, thats a daily count) there's STILL people bitching about bars being closed.

Drink at home numbnuts.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results