shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you worried about the Coronavirus?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
missy, post: 4711935, member: 31817"]
I do! Please tell her and also tell her I think her daughter is the most wonderful and kind and generous and warm loving person. :appl:
[/QUOTE]

Awww! Thank you so much @missy! I think the same about you! ❤
I just told her..She lit up and said tell Missy..”Thank you! I have to show you my other socks!” :lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you @MakingTheGrade for your reassurance. The physician on the news this afternoon had me almost crying listening to him say if you go to the ER now you will most definitely get Covid 19. 100% chance. It really had me almost in tears.

❤️

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @MakingTheGrade for your reassurance. The physician on the news this afternoon had me almost crying listening to him say if you go to the ER now you will most definitely get Covid 19. 100% chance. It really had me almost in tears.

Please don't let this interview get to you - very fear mongering and sensationalist, IMHO. Irresponsible and not helpful. I get that they don't want people with a hangnail in the ER right now (never, actually). But it's irresponsible to say this. People with real emergencies must still be treated.

Hugs to you and Greg!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I'm pretty sure most hospitals have separate entrances for Covid now but see what Dr says.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Sorry to hear Greg is in pain. Tell him to hang in there as long as he can but if must go the hospital then he should go. Hang in there Greg!.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hhhmmm, British Prime Minister now in hospital with unresolved corona symptoms. Power vacuum at the top, even briefly, is not what we need at the moment.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Sorry to hear Greg is in pain. Tell him to hang in there as long as he can but if must go the hospital then he should go. Hang in there Greg!.

Just had to drop Matt, my daughter's fiancé, off at the ER. I had planned to go in with him despite my great fear of covid-19. I drove up to where they usually let you drop off a patient and leave your car for valet parking, but would only let Matt get out. I had to go back home. He is having some abdominal pain for which he took a laxative, but it got worse. (I told him when I went to bed to wake me up if it got worse and he didn't want to; he said he could drive himself to the hospital if he had to go. I don't like my house guests to disappear in the middle of the night.)

At any rate, there appears to be no wait at the ER.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Hi Missy, I hope you husband is able to make it through without going to the hospital. If he does, I hope you are both safe.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just had to drop Matt, my daughter's fiancé, off at the ER. I had planned to go in with him despite my great fear of covid-19. I drove up to where they usually let you drop off a patient and leave your car for valet parking, but would only let Matt get out. I had to go back home. He is having some abdominal pain for which he took a laxative, but it got worse. (I told him when I went to bed to wake me up if it got worse and he didn't want to; he said he could drive himself to the hospital if he had to go. I don't like my house guests to disappear in the middle of the night.)

I hope it turns out to be nothing serious. I'm glad he didn't have a wait to get in and you were able to drive him, even if they wouldn't let you in with him.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy , how was the night ? I hope you guys woke up to a pain free bright new day.!

Thank you @kipari ....Our night was decent and so far all is quiet. Greg will be calling the urologist this morning but not sure who is there to receive a call but hoping we can get in touch. And also I forgot amidst all the brouhaha yesterday to extend my thanks to you and my sister's heartfelt thanks to you. She really appreciated your kind offer but she said she is not going to take you up on it...she feels she wouldn't be able to wear that at work. Anyway wanted to say how much we both appreciated your generous offer. (((HUGS))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, I hope you husband is able to make it through without going to the hospital. If he does, I hope you are both safe.

Thank you @asscherisme appreciate your good wishes. Hoping we don't have to go to the ER. Very scary. How are you guys doing? Hope all is well.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh no I am sorry Matt had to go to the ER but glad the ER was quiet and no wait at all. What a marked difference between states. Hope he is OK and stay safe @AGBF. (((HUGS))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you for your good wishes @Dancing Fire I appreciate that. How is your family? Hope you are all well.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I'm pretty sure most hospitals have separate entrances for Covid now but see what Dr says.

Thank you @Arcadian our hospitals here only have one ER entrance and one hospital entrance. No separation. We will see what Greg's urologist has to say because only a hospital admittance can take care of his stones...so either way we probably have to visit a hospital and these are not good times to do so. Especially with our homemade masks. Hope all is well by you and thanks for your input.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Watching some news this AM and it seems the peak is still a few weeks off in NJ and not sure about NY as I am hearing conflicting info but it seems the peak might be this week here?

Lots of new cases and deaths. :(

Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 7.15.36 AM.png

But in encouraging news lots more discharges from the hospitals too. So that is something.

Hang in there everybody. Sending out healing wishes and good thoughts and well vibes to all.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
A new (not new per se but recurring) development. My DH had kidney stone pain last night overnight for a few hours. In December that resulted in us rushing to the ER and having him admitted for surgery Christmas Eve. So do not want to have to return to the hospital for another round. One of his stones is 12 mm. Yup. Talk about worry. I am super concerned because that huge stone is going nowhere and he was supposed to have a lithotripsy but then Covid 19 happened. So if we have to go to the hospital we are in trouble. If his kidney stone starts moving we are in trouble. We live in the epicenter of Covid 19.
I am officially scared right now.

Just caught up on this thread from yesterday. Oh Missy, I am so sorry to hear about your husband's kidney stone pain! What a time for it to come back! Let's hope that it stops moving and stays put (and he is pain free) until hospitals are safe again. I'm sure you have good reasons for wanting to stay in NYC, but I think the climate in NJ would be much less intense. I read in another thread that you are hearing sirens nonstop in Brooklyn, and I had heard the same from my friend who lives in Park Slope. That sounds so scary! Sending lots of good thoughts to you and Greg.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just caught up on this thread from yesterday. Oh Missy, I am so sorry to hear about your husband's kidney stone pain! What a time for it to come back! Let's hope that it stops moving and stays put (and he is pain free) until hospitals are safe again. I'm sure you have good reasons for wanting to stay in NYC, but I think the climate in NJ would be much less intense. I read in another thread that you are hearing sirens nonstop in Brooklyn, and I had heard the same from my friend who lives in Park Slope. That sounds so scary! Sending lots of good thoughts to you and Greg.

Yes that is where we are...I just don't know the best place for us to be. You are right NJ might be less intense but they still have the second most Covid 19 cases and fewer hospitals so IDK. And my parents are in Brooklyn too (albeit South Brooklyn so 40 minutes away by car) and my sister and I are taking turns delivering groceries etc to them. My mom has no immune system and my dad is 86 with multiple health conditions too. My sister said though we should go to NJ and they would take care of my parents but I don't think that is fair leaving them with everything. My sister is still working full time as is her DH. And they have 2 kids too. So that is a big part of the reason I want to stay here. At least we are closer to my parents vs at the beach house where we are (just under) 2 hours away from them by car.

It is constant here sirens and stress though. It is wearing on me. But mainly I am so concerned about my dh's kidney stones. As you know they do not cooperate. This is his fourth major kidney stone bout in 30 years but the last 3 have been in the past 10 I think. And this stone is by far the largest. All of his stones needed intervention as he couldn't pass any on his own but 12 mm will not physically pass on its own anyway.

Darn he just called the urologist office and no person answered. He left a message on their machine. Please let someone be checking the messages and call back. No emergency number was available.
Sigh.

Thanks for your good wishes @OdetteOdile and I hope everyone by you is remaining well and safe.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our governor took full responsibility for a lack of statewide testing (California!!) This is why our numbers look so low. What kind of BS is this?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ETA So urologist's office called us back woohoo! The urologist will call Greg today at 3PM. OK fingers crossed we get some safe options. :pray:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our governor took full responsibility for a lack of statewide testing (California!!) This is why our numbers look so low. What kind of BS is this?

It's great our governors are taking responsibility and taking action though. I mean at least we have decent governors if you kwim. Thank goodness for good leadership there.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's great our governors are taking responsibility and taking action though. I mean at least we have decent governors if you kwim. Thank goodness for good leadership there.

Good point.

I want your governor to run for president.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good point.

I want your governor to run for president.

Me too. But he is insisting he is not running. I hope he changes his mind but I doubt it. He made me cry with the tribute he made to his brother. His brother is A OK and recovering from Covid 19 and it was such a moving speech to watch as he spoke about and to his brother. Such love. He seems like a really good and kind and smart man and I would love it if he ran for President.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @kipari ....Our night was decent and so far all is quiet. Greg will be calling the urologist this morning but not sure who is there to receive a call but hoping we can get in touch. And also I forgot amidst all the brouhaha yesterday to extend my thanks to you and my sister's heartfelt thanks to you. She really appreciated your kind offer but she said she is not going to take you up on it...she feels she wouldn't be able to wear that at work. Anyway wanted to say how much we both appreciated your generous offer. (((HUGS))).

Glad to hear your night was quiet!

If you need anything, just let me know!!
Dust continued!!

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@missy Never thought I would be so happy a Urologist has called you back! :eek2: Hope you get a workable plan. x

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ETA So urologist's office called us back woohoo! The urologist will call Greg today at 3PM. OK fingers crossed we get some safe options. :pray:

This is ideal. Only his own doctor will manage it really well, with personal attention to Greg's specific needs.

Hugs,
Deb

t86

Shiny_Rock
I'm here in Park Slope, Brooklyn, and it's absolutely wearing to hear the non-stop sirens from ambulances. I think there were 4 yesterday in 15 minutes. I haven't been outside in almost 4 weeks because there are constantly people on the sidewalk walking around without masks, and I'm trying to be extra cautious. I really would love to have a wooded area to walk around--not being outside the apartment for a month has been really hard.

Missy, sending you good thoughts! It's really hard to live in the epicenter, but we're all in this together!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm here in Park Slope, Brooklyn, and it's absolutely wearing to hear the non-stop sirens from ambulances. I think there were 4 yesterday in 15 minutes. I haven't been outside in almost 4 weeks because there are constantly people on the sidewalk walking around without masks, and I'm trying to be extra cautious. I really would love to have a wooded area to walk around--not being outside the apartment for a month has been really hard.

Missy, sending you good thoughts! It's really hard to live in the epicenter, but we're all in this together!

Thank you. Truly we are. Sending you warm hugs. We will be OK. ❤

ETA How are you getting groceries? I can’t get any time slots.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results