shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you worried about the Coronavirus?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just got a new letter from the mayor upgrading the restrictions for leaving your house.
Now only one person at a time is allowed to be in a garden. A private allotment, one’s own land.
But the corner newspaper/cigarette shop is still open.

So it’s not OK for two people to work outside, but it’s OK for people to be in a Tabac ...and buying products that interfere with breathing.
Not complaining, just saying perhaps there’s no such thing as logic anywhere.

Are you in a crowded suburb? This sounds nuts!!! Why can't you sit in your garden if it's not near anyone else?

My neighbors could be in their garden and my family in mine and we'd still be more than 2m apart! At least 6 m!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you in a crowded suburb? This sounds nuts!!! Why can't you sit in your garden if it's not near anyone else?

My neighbors could be in their garden and my family in mine and we'd still be more than 2m apart! At least 6 m!

:lol:

It does feel bizzare. It is a tiny village, hardly anyone around.
The gardens are not attached to houses, but are plots of land uphill from the village.
Some of the gardens are quite large, and are used for growing market produce, so I can see why the mayor would be concerned that a bunch of people would be in one place working together....
But...
That still doesn’t explain how I can then walk into a (small enclosure) tobacco store with other people.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just got a new letter from the mayor upgrading the restrictions for leaving your house.
Now only one person at a time is allowed to be in a garden. A private allotment, one’s own land.
But the corner newspaper/cigarette shop is still open.

So it’s not OK for two people to work outside, but it’s OK for people to be in a Tabac ...and buying products that interfere with breathing.
Not complaining, just saying perhaps there’s no such thing as logic anywhere.

I always say common sense isn't too common.
:cry2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 9.36.00 AM.png

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Corona virus may enter the brain

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Corona virus may enter the brain

Terrifying. :(sad

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
this is heart breaking (please don't read if you want to sleep tonight)

The SEM recommendations indicate that "the therapeutic intensity will be determined according to objective criteria of suitability and expectations of resolution of the process." They advise not to intubate those over 80 years, even from the age of 75 if they have chronic pathologies, although they are not limited, as it is a very invasive treatment (instead, oxygen therapy is used through a mask). Instead, intubating is the first option for healthy under-80s. If they are fragile (even when they are less than 80 years old) it is not recommended. However, it will depend on the medical criteria in each case.

If you want to read in english, you will need to use google chrome translator.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Thank you! I thought 4,000 was the safest limit to take. That’s why I take 3,000. I take it with a TBSP of peanut butter on toast for breakfast.

Ooooh. That sounds delicious! I've been on Atkins for too long. I looked forward to the buttered English muffin I'd get after my last colonoscopy!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been inside, except to walk to my mailbox, for about three weeks. Today I went out to drive my daughter's fiancé somewhere and I went grocery shopping. I was in the store for a long time. I didn't wear a mask or gloves although I did use wipes on my hands and the cart. I really feel exposed. I feel as if I may have undone all the good I did by isolating for weeks, and even during that time I was worried about how the two other people I live with exposed me.

I have written about how upset I am by the laissez-faire attitude that my daughter's fiancé has taken towards this pandemic, especially since he has used my car to run around doing reckless things then exposing me. (I was very upset to find that he disobeyed me and then lied to me about picking up his father with my car and taking him fishing, His father attends a methadone clinic and is exposed to multiple people to whom he is now exposing me.) But my point was that I felt no one was taking this lock down seriously. I hadn't been out to see what the world here was like. I had assumed it was far more quiet.

I am in Fairfield County, Connecticut. People commute to New York City from here. We are close to the epicenter of the crisis. But no one (but me) seems to have been home.I am really scared I will get it. I wish I hadn't gone out. I was eating slices of American cheese and frozen hot and spicy sausages, butI could have lived on them for weeks!!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooooh. That sounds delicious! I've been on Atkins for too long. I looked forward to the buttered English muffin I'd get after my last colonoscopy!

Haha! It is!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have been inside, except to walk to my mailbox, for about three weeks. Today I went out to drive my daughter's fiancé somewhere and I went grocery shopping. I was in the store for a long time. I didn't wear a mask or gloves although I did use wipes on my hands and the cart. I really feel exposed. I feel as if I may have undone all the good I did by isolating for weeks, and even during that time I was worried about how the two other people I live with exposed me.

I have written about how upset I am by the laissez-faire attitude that my daughter's fiancé has taken towards this pandemic, especially since he has used my car to run around doing reckless things then exposing me. (I was very upset to find that he disobeyed me and then lied to me about picking up his father with my car and taking him fishing, His father attends a methadone clinic and is exposed to multiple people to whom he is now exposing me.) But my point was that I felt no one was taking this lock down seriously. I hadn't been out to see what the world here was like. I had assumed it was far more quiet.

I am in Fairfield County, Connecticut. People commute to New York City from here. We are close to the epicenter of the crisis. But no one (but me) seems to have been home.I am really scared I will get it. I wish I hadn't gone out. I was eating slices of American cheese and frozen hot and spicy sausages, butI could have lived on them for weeks!!!

You will probably be fine @AGBG....Big hugs

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You will probably be fine @AGBG....Big hugs

Agreed. I know media is all over how contagious this is but it’s not magic. I’ve had a few coworkers in rooms talking and in contact with covid positive patients (we didn’t know at the time) and who then tested negative. If you washed your hands and took precautions you’re very likely fine. Hugs.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh. I feel so heartbroken for the residents in training right now in medicine services. Residency is always a time of stress and that’s part of the training but this is beyond what any of these guys signed up for.
Our program was able to have our fellows “work from home” in limited capacity since we’re a subspecialty that doesn’t actually rely on house staff. But most medical and surgical services at academic hospitals really rely on residents to run. I can’t imagine being 1-2 years out of medical school and being on the front lines of covid in places like nyc, wondering if you should write a will, worried you might die or kill a loved one because there isn’t PPE, watching so many of your patients crash, seeing your coworkers get sick. Ughhh. Poor kids. Same for new nurses and social workers and front line providers of all types.
I worry our medical workforce won’t recover from the loss of life and loss of morale for years after this. :(
If people thought getting a new patient appointment was tough before...

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That's a backyard breeder and she should be shut down. Do you have an animal control organization with legal authority to inspect the premises to see if she's properly caring for the dogs? If so, I hope you report her.

I completely agree. We've been working on this, but unfortunately there's a lot of backyard breeding in Ohio and it's not the most "animal concerned" state. Her neighbors have already pursued the "nuisance" avenue with village authorities and not gotten anywhere, despite the fact that she has more than twice as many dogs as village ordinances permit.

Only good thing about the situation is that the dogs appear to be healthy and energetic. She gets a LOT of dog food delivered, they look to be a healthy weight, and their skin and eyes look good. I've directly interacted with one of the puppies and one of the adults, on separate occasions, when they accidentally got out. The puppy was wriggly, happy, friendly, a healthy weight, and smelled good. The adult was very leery of me, but was also a healthy weight, had good skin, eyes, and ears, and also didn't have any unhealthy or "doggy" odor, so I do think she at least is keeping them reasonably healthy.

I just have issues with the fact that she doesn't do very careful, deliberate breedings and sells so many puppies when there are so many dogs needing homes as it is. I don't have anything against licensed experienced breeders doing occasional breedings and selling puppies with an eye toward, and experience and wisdom in, preserving the health and best characteristics of a breed - their interests are in preserving and advancing the breed without competing for lots of homes with all the dogs needing adoption, and they definitely aren't in it for making money. She definitely doesn't fall into that category, though. And she is definitely a nuisance to everyone in the neighborhood! I mean, who buys a half-acre property in a neighborhood like that to have an 8-dog breeding kennel? It's just wrong on many levels.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I've been very worried about this, too. So worried that DH and I have only left to go running or walk our dog. (3 weeks now for him, and 2.5 for me.) We used Instacart for the first time to get a delivery of several nonperishables, and use Chewy to order dog and cat food and supplies, just because I'm too scared to go into a store. We still have some frozen veggies and some cheese that I'm reeeeaaally rationing to make them last as long as possible, and we've got 6 eggs left, so at some point we'll get too sick of "cupboard meals" and need to get perishables.

Q

Queenie60

I would kick the fiance out since it seems he disrespects you and doesn't take the pandemic seriously. This is the reason I will not allow my son to come to our home until this is over. It has irritated my husband a bit but oh well..... I don't know where he has been or if he is carrying the virus without knowing he has it. I haven't taken good measures for this amount of time to have some dumb...as.... come it and infect me regardless. Sorry you're dealing with this.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@mambean, I hope you have a wonderful time with your husband.

Thank you @Calliecake! I’m stressing about where he will go to the bathroom. I feel bad I told him he should go in the bushes. I’m just afraid for him to come in the house. @MakingTheGrade Am I crazy? :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Calliecake! I’m stressing about where he will go to the bathroom. I feel bad I told him he should go in the bushes. I’m just afraid for him to come in the house. @MakingTheGrade Am I crazy? :lol:

It has been shown to be easily transmissible through feces. So you are not crazy.
:(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh. I feel so heartbroken for the residents in training right now in medicine services. Residency is always a time of stress and that’s part of the training but this is beyond what any of these guys signed up for.
Our program was able to have our fellows “work from home” in limited capacity since we’re a subspecialty that doesn’t actually rely on house staff. But most medical and surgical services at academic hospitals really rely on residents to run. I can’t imagine being 1-2 years out of medical school and being on the front lines of covid in places like nyc, wondering if you should write a will, worried you might die or kill a loved one because there isn’t PPE, watching so many of your patients crash, seeing your coworkers get sick. Ughhh. Poor kids. Same for new nurses and social workers and front line providers of all types.
I worry our medical workforce won’t recover from the loss of life and loss of morale for years after this. :(
If people thought getting a new patient appointment was tough before...

Yes to all the above. I read the most heartbreaking piece written by an MD. We are losing so many brave people on the front lines. I cannot fathom the loss. @MakingTheGrade I know you write that you are safe but I just want to say I am keeping you in my thoughts and non religious prayers and sending so many good wishes your way. I am scared for all our front line people. One of our best friends is a pulmonologist at a very busy hospital in NJ. He said it is brutal there. :(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been very worried about this, too. So worried that DH and I have only left to go running or walk our dog. (3 weeks now for him, and 2.5 for me.) We used Instacart for the first time to get a delivery of several nonperishables, and use Chewy to order dog and cat food and supplies, just because I'm too scared to go into a store. We still have some frozen veggies and some cheese that I'm reeeeaaally rationing to make them last as long as possible, and we've got 6 eggs left, so at some point we'll get too sick of "cupboard meals" and need to get perishables.

I am glad you were able to secure a delivery! It is almost impossible here to get delivery now. We got a Chewy delivery a few weeks ago thank goodness so our cats are stocked for a while at least. Stay well and stay safe @OboeGal ((Hugs)).

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would kick the fiance out since it seems he disrespects you and doesn't take the pandemic seriously. This is the reason I will not allow my son to come to our home until this is over. It has irritated my husband a bit but oh well..... I don't know where he has been or if he is carrying the virus without knowing he has it. I haven't taken good measures for this amount of time to have some dumb...as.... come it and infect me regardless. Sorry you're dealing with this.

I agree with you @Queenie60 I have one son and pregnant daughter-in-law that’s still going out to bring my grandson to a private daycare of essential workers. He wouldn’t think of exposing us. I have another son that’s in a situation where he has lots of people around him but staff can come off and on the campus. He misses us and would love to see us but I had to tell him I’m not coming home until I feel it’s safe. I miss them but we will be together when it’s safe to do so. It’s tough...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sending you lots of well wishes and gentle (((hugs))). Chances are you will be fine @AGBF just keep being smart about going out and taking precautions as best as possible. (((Hugs))).

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It has been shown to be easily transmissible through feces. So you are not crazy.
:(

I’m worried @missy..because I did tell him to do his business before he came...but you know how that goes sometimes! Haha That sounds like a joke..I was thinking just peeing in the bushes. I can’t make him do his business in the yard...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m worried @missy..because I did tell him to do his business before he came...but you know how that goes sometimes! Haha That sounds like a joke..I was thinking just peeing in the bushes. I can’t make him do his business in the yard...

If this were me I would let him in and just be careful. Statistics show (unless it has changed) that if you live with and care for someone with Covid 19 there is "only" a 10.5% chance of transmission meaning if you take precautions and are careful you should be OK with his visit. I know 10% is high but that is if you are living with someone who has it and your dh doesn't have it. Hopefully. I am sorry you are dealing with this and I am sorry we are all going through this. My heart physically hurts when I think of the front line people and the essential individuals that go to work so bravely every day. They are incredible. And you will get through this dear Joanne and so will your DH and David and your mom. I am keeping everyone in my thoughts and (non religious) prayers. (((HUGS)))

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
this is heart breaking (please don't read if you want to sleep tonight)

If you want to read in english, you will need to use google chrome translator.

I don’t know how to use the translator...Can you give me a gist of what it said? Thx

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Latest numbers.

Screen Shot 2020-04-04 at 7.55.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-04 at 7.56.11 AM.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results