shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you worried about the Coronavirus?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just saw that gun sales have surged. Suppppppppper...

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just saw that gun sales have surged. Suppppppppper...

There were pictures in the papers here a couple of days ago of a queue out of the door and round the corner for a gun shop. I know we’re all feeling psychologically under assault but I agree that it’s terrifying that buying gun/ammunition is some people’s response. Toilet paper hoarding is totally rational in comparison and that’s something I didn’t think I’d say!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, this person went to the FDA? The FDA said sorry but you can't make anything? There is much more to this story, this is hearsay or at least anecdotal. Full story please.

There are so many regulations regarding medical items that are monitored and approved by the FDA and CDC. Why do you think it has been so hard to get anything done and regs are having to be waived for this emergency?

Interesting read from Reason about red tape regulations.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So florida is talking about letting prisoners go. lawd......

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So florida is talking about letting prisoners go. lawd......

They should let out non violent marijuana cases first.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They should let out non violent marijuana cases first.

I don't have a problem with doing what you suggested, but ....florida.... we shall see what they do.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
So, this person went to the FDA? The FDA said sorry but you can't make anything? There is much more to this story, this is hearsay or at least anecdotal. Full story please.
2nd hand but a reliable source.
One way or another he reached out to manufacturers of medical stuff offering his plant and they told him it would take 18-24 months to get certified to make medical items.
It could and hopefully will get waved.
It is the FDA who regulates medical manufacturing in the the US.
The rules are here:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m assuming this is valid

D6C9D91C-6DD9-4571-8336-3D07D66E02DA.jpeg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2nd hand but a reliable source.
One way or another he reached out to manufacturers of medical stuff offering his plant and they told him it would take 18-24 months to get certified to make medical items.
It could and hopefully will get waved.
It is the FDA who regulates medical manufacturing in the the US.
The rules are here:

If thats what they were told, it will probably change, things are changing hourly in DC and agency Chiefs are under the gun.

Has company discussed with the governor's office?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

hedgehog93

Rough_Rock
I canceled the appointment. The salon didn't seem too happy about it, but I understand that they are probably getting a lot of cancellations.

My SO needed a haircut yesterday (well, not need, but we have our engagement photos in a month’s time) and so I booked him a parking space in the CBD. Only one barber there cutting one person’s hair. Still nerve wracking, but we’re in Sydney where the cases have just cracked 300 odd.

If it wasn’t because of these photos, he wouldn’t have gone. Likewise, I got my brows done a week ago but the cases then were around 200. I felt incredibly nervous.

I’m going to cancel all other appointments, but wanted to get those out of the way as apparently I am very vain!! I’ll just maintain my own eyebrows by plucking.

I swear I’m not as petty as I sound.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a hair appointment last week and got 10 inches cut off. She's a new stylist I was testing out and when I was all done she hugged me before I could stop her! I was in shock. We don't have any confirmed local cases but still. Younger gal probably in her thirties.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you Ok, @TooPatient ? How's your hubby doing?

@MakingTheGrade , I hope you have an agreeable day. Thank you for doing your job. I hope no stupid idiots today, trying to make helping others harder for you ❤

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a hair appointment last week and got 10 inches cut off. She's a new stylist I was testing out and when I was all done she hugged me before I could stop her! I was in shock. We don't have any confirmed local cases but still. Younger gal probably in her thirties.

I guess the hugging hasn't changed much. In order avoid contamination you need to stay 3.3 feet away.... So the haircut is already the problem...

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there any way you can defer your exam? It doesn’t sound like you’re well enough to be forced to sit one. I hope you and your husband both feel better soon.

No, they don't really have anything in place for that. I survived okay. (So very glad it was online and I get extra time so I could stand up and take a couple of breaks!) It is just barely possible to get an incomplete since they changed requirements (even that is questionable since that usually requires a request weeks in advance). This is part of why so many people get sick at school every flu season! The last time I was in class was the midterm (after being out sick for a week) and people rolled their eyes and said I should have come to class anyway. Lots of people were sick already and *they* didn't miss class...

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you Ok, @TooPatient ? How's your hubby doing?

@MakingTheGrade , I hope you have an agreeable day. Thank you for doing your job. I hope no stupid idiots today, trying to make helping others harder for you ❤

We're hanging in there. I'm still coughing and tight in the chest, but no worse than bronchitis I have had before. DH is doing a bit better today than yesterday. Just very tired and limited energy to focus the brain. We're just taking it easy for the rest of the day since my exam is over.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think lockdowns aren't bad. You can still get groceries. There are too many people ignoring the dangers right now.

They finally shut all of our city parks down after everyone crowding in together. I'm hoping the crowded trails follow soon.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess the hugging hasn't changed much. In order avoid contamination you need to stay 3.3 feet away.... So the haircut is already the problem...

IKR? Good thing I don't need another one for a great long while. That mammogram will have to wait as well as my annuals. But it can't wait too long because I know he was going to tell me that I need to start taking cholesterol meds. No more hugging and I am hugger naturally without thinking.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We're hanging in there. I'm still coughing and tight in the chest, but no worse than bronchitis I have had before. DH is doing a bit better today than yesterday. Just very tired and limited energy to focus the brain. We're just taking it easy for the rest of the day since my exam is over.

Hoping you all get well soon!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have spoken of my daughter's fiancé. He was raised (after leaving foster care at age 9) by his grandmother. She was admitted into the hospital a couple of nights ago after falling and hitting her head. Because of her age, they kept her and tested her for Covid-19. We learned this afternoon that she tested positive. However, her case is supposedly mild and the hospital is discussing discharge within a couple of days. Matt is understandably worried about her being discharged too soon. He has gone fishing to relax. I am hoping he doesn't encounter any crowds because if I do not already have the virus myself I should not be inviting it by sending him out to bring it back to me. (He will not be carrying his grandmother's virus to others. She lives in New York City and he sees her rarely.)

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have spoken of my daughter's fiancé. He was raised (after leaving foster care at age 9) by his grandmother. She was admitted into the hospital a couple of nights ago after falling and hitting her head. Because of her age, they kept her and tested her for Covid-19. We learned this afternoon that she tested positive. However, her case is supposedly mild and the hospital is discussing discharge within a couple of days. Matt is understandably worried about her being discharged too soon. He has gone fishing to relax. I am hoping he doesn't encounter any crowds because if I do not already have the virus myself I should not be inviting it by sending him out to bring it back to me. (He will not be carrying his grandmother's virus to others. She lives in New York City and he sees her rarely.)

I hope you are able to get well soon and that his grandmother does as well. Thinking of you.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Best of luck to you, TooPatient. Thank God you are coming through this!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

An enthusiastic younger gal! Just what you needed. ;))

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Fingers crossed for your health and your exam!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results