shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you worried about the Coronavirus?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SG has closed its borders and imposed a 14-day home quarantine.

I meant on people returning (previously also those coming in from certain countries). We're not in a lockdown - at least I hope we won't be.

Last edited:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anybody else manage to come up with new psychosomatic symptoms every day? These spring allergies aren't doing anyone any favors...

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anybody else manage to come up with new psychosomatic symptoms every day? These spring allergies aren't doing anyone any favors...

Did you win or lose? I don't think there is any losing in that game. ;-) Your posts make me smile.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you win or lose? I don't think there is any losing in that game. ;-) Your posts make me smile.

Let's just say the phrase "Everyone's a winner!" has taken on all new meaning for me!

On the list of things to do today I've added writing a note to the manufacture of the dining room table to compliment them on the sturdiness of their very high quality furniture!

:mrgreen:

Seriously though Red, happy to do what I can to bring any joy at all to our board at this time. Frankly, without the PS community I don't know what I'd do right now as I sit here, camped out at TR's dining room table trying to work at least a bit ever day, and with two obnoxious dogs and a bored banker for company. What is this social distancing thing of which people speak? I feel like I'm in the immediate company of three other beings At All Times!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday DH was off and we had a wonderful day flying our drones and riding our horses. It made me feel great to get outside in nice weather. Being inside can get so depressing. Now he's back to work with my words of - wash your hands, don't lick or touch anyone or anything, use the Lysol! I feel for him. People are buying refrigerators, generators, and BBQs like they won't ever be available again. Just weird.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This needs to be shared.

#Spain "Doctors in #España with tears in their eyes tell how people over 65 must have their respirators removed to give it to the younger people suffering . Seniors are sedated so they don't suffer. " #CoronavirusPandemic #CoronaVirusUpdates

Were that to happen in the US, scores of us would be dead.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s weird to have my hopes resting on people like Elon Musk to come through on making equipment. If he ends up doing what he says he will in terms of making ventilators, I’ll finally drink the fan boy koolaid and pledge him my nerd loyalty. I’m hoping he comes through on this. I will vote for him in whatever he one day decides to run for if he manages to keep nyc from having a ventilator shortage.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would like to be bored (aka have time to relax and play) but working 8 to 10 hours daily from home is more stressful than I expected. Schools are being delayed another week so the return date is tentatively April 9th. No updates yet from my employer whether the return to work date of March 30th still holds.

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
I would like to be bored (aka have time to relax and play) but working 8 to 10 hours daily from home is more stressful than I expected. Schools are being delayed another week so the return date is tentatively April 9th. No updates yet from my employer whether the return to work date of March 30th still holds.

Sam here. Between working a full day everyday, meetings, daily work reports, I wish I had more downtime! I have a new water color set and art book i haven't even had time to enjoy yet.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tbh if you look at the rest of the world and how this pandemic developed it's highly unlikely. ..

The US government has reacted more slowly than many other countries, so this doesn't look like it'll be over next week...

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@chrono some places are cancelling school for the year. I think more and more this is going to be th case. I started my day very early, sitting in a meeting right now and half listening (and I work from home 90% of the time...lol)

This is very tiring. Add to it my allergies are going beserk our the vpn I use for some of my work is being stretched to the max and keeps breaking.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Same here. I was so stressed and tired after last week, I decided to take a day off today. Weekenda are packed with chores and spending time with the kids, there is no "Me" time, like I'm ON constantly.

I put my work email on "Do not disturb" and I've been hiding out upstairs with my phone and chocolate chip cookies. While most days I feel lucky to be able to work from home, it ain't no picnic either.

I do think this will be our reality for a while. I'm not expecting to be going back to work any time soon.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t know about Spain, but Italy only had about 4,000 ventilators for the entire country. (I read 5k and 3k so I settled on 4k).

I don’t know how many per person that is and how that compares to the US. I haven’t looked.

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I think my SO has COVID-19. He got turned away for testing because he doesn’t meet the criteria... despite coming into contact with (now) two confirmed cases in his workplace. Put simply, Australia doesn’t have enough tests.

He doesn’t have a sore throat, no fever, but chest pressure and a pain in his lung when breathing in deeply. He is an otherwise healthy at 27, and very (2 hours per day exercise) active. Also a headache, and general fatigue. Relatively in line with what one of the other people who got tested had.

I hope he’ll be okay. The countdown is on until I get it I guess!

Same here except I had low grade (100.3/37.9) fever for 3 days.Best wishes for a quick and complete recovery!

hedgehog93

Rough_Rock
Same here except I had low grade (100.3/37.9) fever for 3 days.Best wishes for a quick and complete recovery!

Thanks! Did you end up with COVID-19 or was it something else?

He doesn’t have a fever (yet...), kept an eye on his temperature all day and he went between 36.5 and 37.3.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t know about Spain, but Italy only had about 4,000 ventilators for the entire country. (I read 5k and 3k so I settled on 4k).

I don’t know how many per person that is and how that compares to the US. I haven’t looked.

60 Million people in Italy.

They were ranked no. 2 after France for their healthcare system by the WHO. Spain 7th.

In that study the US came in 37th...

(Can't attach the link from my phone, but google best healthcare system 2019 WHO)

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I have a feeling that the local counties are going to issue a stay at home order. The state of Florida isn't going that way, but it seems like local news indicates that is a potential for my area.

My remote desktop vpn and work email are down as well. Not working well today.

My managing partner seems to want me to come into the office going forward. He seems a little freaked out by people not being there. However, I have a risk factor. I don't know what to think about that or how I feel about that. I told the office manager about my issue, but he doesn't know apparently.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes!!! I have the virus everyday, thanks to my allergies! I can’t wait until I am 2 weeks out from seeing other people. Then I can relax and know I don’t have the virus and won’t give it to my family.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tougher measures have been imposed and UK effectively on lock down.

DK :((

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've had this ongoing virus then ear infection thing happening for over a week now. I WISH this was the virus, because it would mean everyone but my DD1 and I was asymptomatic only. My husband is currently having trouble with his asthma and his repirologist told him not to go to his gp OR even to see him, just phone instead. He doesn't want him going out at all.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WA

Governor Inslee just issued a "Stay at Home" order. Set to two weeks but may be extended (or shortened) as needed. Basically, only essential businesses are allowed to stay open. All others are now required to close. They have 48 hours to comply. People are urged to stay home as much as possible and only go out for essential activities such as medical care or groceries. Walking and other outdoor activities are permitted but 6' social distancing is required and enforceable. Restaurants may stay open for take out and delivery. Gatherings of any size are prohibited including social, religious, and other activities. One example given is basketball at the parks.

From the sounds of it, further restrictions are being prepared in case this doesn't keep people separated enough.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tougher measures have been imposed and UK effectively on lock down.

DK :((

Yep, bc of a bunch of selfish idiots!!

I am very worried about my frail elderly father, who lives with my brother (who's pretty useless, but that's another story). My sisters usually bring him ready-made food. Now, with this new complete lockdown, I dunno what's gonna happen. I have been calling him & my sisters, but there's really nothing productive I can do, being 7k miles away.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
It’s weird to have my hopes resting on people like Elon Musk to come through on making equipment. If he ends up doing what he says he will in terms of making ventilators, I’ll finally drink the fan boy koolaid and pledge him my nerd loyalty. I’m hoping he comes through on this. I will vote for him in whatever he one day decides to run for if he manages to keep nyc from having a ventilator shortage.

I never swear well hardly ever but I swore twice today.
Once when avast popped up saying protect your computer from covid-19 malware by upgrading your AV at a discount price.

The other when I was surfing channels and hit cnn and they had a cdc talking head on so I paused and he was asked about Musk and others making ventilators...
He said they would need fda approval and that takes 18-24 months.
I swore a blue streak about #%^@#%^ $@^@$#^$#^ #@%!!@^@$ bureaucrats.
Wifey4vr was not impressed.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yep, bc of a bunch of selfish idiots!!

I am very worried about my frail elderly father, who lives with my brother (who's pretty useless, but that's another story). My sisters usually bring him ready-made food. Now, with this new complete lockdown, I dunno what's gonna happen. I have been calling him & my sisters, but there's really nothing productive I can do, being 7k miles away.

The Prime Minister said you’re allowed out if it’s to care for the elderly or those in need, @Phoenix . So your sisters should still be able to take food to your father, as long as they don’t need to fully quarantine for illness. Thinking of you - it’s stressful enough having vulnerable family/friends close by, I can’t imagine the stress from thousands of miles away.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results