shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you worried about the Coronavirus?

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I never swear well hardly ever but I swore twice today.
Once when avast popped up saying protect your computer from covid-19 malware by upgrading your AV at a discount price.

The other when I was surfing channels and hit cnn and they had a cdc talking head on so I paused and he was asked about Musk and others making ventilators...
He said they would need fda approval and that takes 18-24 months.
I swore a blue streak about #%^@#%^ $@^@$#^$#^ #@%!!@^@$ bureaucrats.
Wifey4vr was not impressed.

I can’t believe Trump hadn’t put emergency legislation in place to remove that requirement?! In the UK, we have vacuum manufacturers and F1 racing team mechanics who are making ventilators. I’m sure there’s the possibility they may break more or be less efficient than ‘normal’ ones, but if the majority are fine and give people a fighting chance at life, I can’t believe anyone would play the blame-game at a later date.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Prime Minister said you’re allowed out if it’s to care for the elderly or those in need, @Phoenix . So your sisters should still be able to take food to your father, as long as they don’t need to fully quarantine for illness. Thinking of you - it’s stressful enough having vulnerable family/friends close by, I can’t imagine the stress from thousands of miles away.

That's a relief! Phew!

I am also waiting for them to wake up so I can call to check on him/them. I hope my sisters are ok/not carriers. My father would for sure die if he were to catch this.

Thank you. x

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep, bc of a bunch of selfish idiots!!

I am very worried about my frail elderly father, who lives with my brother (who's pretty useless, but that's another story). My sisters usually bring him ready-made food. Now, with this new complete lockdown, I dunno what's gonna happen. I have been calling him & my sisters, but there's really nothing productive I can do, being 7k miles away.

@Phoenix, I have the same worries about my mom, so I know how you're feeling. The lockdown is to protect your dad specifically and even in lockdown your sisters can continue bringing him the food. Caring for family members will always be exempt from the curfew. Nothing changes for them. It would be wise to put the food in front of his door, though, to avoid contact for his own safety. I truly think this measure is making life safer for the people most at risk. Idiots will always say: "I'm not old, I don't care. "

Here in France at least it ( the partying, the crowded gatherings) stopped since they can be fined 135€ on the spot and up to 450€ for a repeat violation.

Best wishes and good health to your family!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix, I have the same worries about my mom, so I know how you're feeling. The lockdown is to protect your dad specifically and even in lockdown your sisters can continue bringing him the food. Caring for family members will always be exempt from the curfew. Nothing changes for them. It would be wise to put the food in front of his door, though, to avoid contact for his own safety. I truly think this measure is making life safer for the people most at risk. Idiots will always say: "I'm not old, I don't care. "

Here in France at least it ( the partying, the crowded gatherings) stopped since they can be fined 135€ on the spot and up to 450€ for a repeat violation.

Best wishes and good health to your family!!

Yes, I do know that these new measures are to protect people, esp the vulnerable like my dad. I will re-emphasize the need for my sisters to just leave the food at the front door or at least wear masks and wash their hands upon entering. They may not listen to me but at least I can try.

It's good that they're handing out fines in France. I'm not sure if the UK will do that (yet).

Thank you. You take care. And hope your mum is ok too. x

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Hi Everyone,

It’s day 8 of working from home. It’s getting scarier as one watch the news. So I find comfort in praying and spending time with my baby girl as much as I can. I pray this will soon pass.

Stay healthy everyone!

-Joelly

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Police are given the right to enforce the new UK rules, with fines if necessary. No word on level of fines (that I’ve seen yet), but I hope they’re high enough to act as a hefty disincentive to stupidity.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Police are given the right to enforce the new UK rules, with fines if necessary. No word on level of fines (that I’ve seen yet), but I hope they’re high enough to act as a hefty disincentive to stupidity.

Good! I hope so too.

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I need to vent! My friend is a very needy person who cannot be alone with her own thought. Her mom had cancer as does her sister and she is obviously going through some things. She flew back to Switzerland last weekend, knows the directives in place, and has been guilting a constant stream of friends to come spend time with her, IN HER APARTMENT. Her justification is that it's 1 person at a time and that they stay 6 feet away from each other. This is against the state directives. I am tempted to call her out her on social media since talking to her onver the phone did nothing. Is that too mean?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need to vent! My friend is a very needy person who cannot be alone with her own thought. Her mom had cancer as does her sister and she is obviously going through some things. She flew back to Switzerland last weekend, knows the directives in place, and has been guilting a constant stream of friends to come spend time with her, IN HER APARTMENT. Her justification is that it's 1 person at a time and that they stay 6 feet away from each other. This is against the state directives. I am tempted to call her out her on social media since talking to her onver the phone did nothing. Is that too mean?

That's pretty shocking!

How about talking to the other friends? Talk them out of going.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

The virus hangs in the air for 3 hours and on surfaces for goodness knows how much longer (no one seems to know for sure but for at least 9 days). It’s impossible to override the decades of time we’ve all spent touching our faces without realising, putting your handbag down on the floor without thinking (which may may have virus on), and it’s certainly impossible to visit someone and not breathe. All of which mean, in short, she’s being an unbelievably selfish fool. I’d tell her in no uncertain terms that you’re sticking to the guidelines for everyone’s benefit and that she’s making you feel incredibly uncomfortable by even asking. It’s the 21st century - I know it’s not the same but she just needs to use FaceTime and get over it. She needs some tough love. I wouldn’t use social media personally, but I would talk to the others she’s pestering and give her a firm, consistent message and make promises for get togethers for after this is all over. This isn’t much fun for anyone, after all...

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix I can't as I don't know exactly who is going, but I know it's none of our shared friends/acquaintances as I have asked them all. She has 3 friend circles and I have never met any of her church or work friends. I'll try yelling at her over the phone.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The virus hangs in the air for 3 hours and on surfaces for goodness knows how much longer (no one seems to know for sure but for at least 9 days). It’s impossible to override the decades of time we’ve all spent touching our faces without realising, putting your handbag down on the floor without thinking (which may may have virus on), and it’s certainly impossible to visit someone and not breathe. All of which mean, in short, she’s being an unbelievably selfish fool. I’d tell her in no uncertain terms that you’re sticking to the guidelines for everyone’s benefit and that she’s making you feel incredibly uncomfortable by even asking. It’s the 21st century - I know it’s not the same but she just needs to use FaceTime and get over it. She needs some tough love. I wouldn’t use social media personally, but I would talk to the others she’s pestering and give her a firm, consistent message and make promises for get togethers for after this is all over. This isn’t much fun for anyone, after all...

This!!

You've put it so much more eloquently than I did.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix I can't as I don't know exactly who is going, but I know it's none of our shared friends/acquaintances as I have asked them all. She has 3 friend circles and I have never met any of her church or work friends. I'll try yelling at her over the phone.

Ok, yell! lol

Then tell her if she doesn't stop pestering other people, then you will out her on social media. Then do it! She deserves it.

(I am surprised that the other friends accede to her demand. I mean it seems that she has it tough, sure. But this is a matter of life and death - not just for her friends but for their families and friends / colleagues and anyone else coming into contact with them too).

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@lissyflo and @Phoenix thank you. I just don't understand how she can separate her family's need for protextion from the virus due to their weakened immune systems, and her actions which are so incredibly selfish. Gotta go warm up my vocal cords for a very uncomfortable call!

And to everyone stateside: whatever you are doing to socially distance, it's worth the sacrifice, well done. We live on top of a hill in the centre of town and we can hear every ambulance in the city. Of which there are a lot these days.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never swear well hardly ever but I swore twice today.
Once when avast popped up saying protect your computer from covid-19 malware by upgrading your AV at a discount price.

The other when I was surfing channels and hit cnn and they had a cdc talking head on so I paused and he was asked about Musk and others making ventilators...
He said they would need fda approval and that takes 18-24 months.
I swore a blue streak about #%^@#%^ $@^@$#^$#^ #@%!!@^@$ bureaucrats.
Wifey4vr was not impressed.

Apparently he sent 1000 ventilators to California from China (guessing he has a factory there with connections). I know he didn’t make them but you know what, it’s more than a lot of other people are doing so I’m still grateful.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Prime Minister said you’re allowed out if it’s to care for the elderly or those in need, @Phoenix . So your sisters should still be able to take food to your father, as long as they don’t need to fully quarantine for illness. Thinking of you - it’s stressful enough having vulnerable family/friends close by, I can’t imagine the stress from thousands of miles away.

I believe one is allowed to run errands for elderly and those who are vulnerable.

However, one should not mix with them if they are not sharing the same household.

To me, this means social/physical distancing still applies.

However I could be wrong in my interpretation.

DK :(2

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I believe one is allowed to run errands for elderly and those who are vulnerable.

However, one should not mix with them if they are not sharing the same household.

To me, this means social/physical distancing still applies.

However I could be wrong in my interpretation.

DK :(2

Yes, I definitely agree. The exemption on moving around is only to deliver food, medicines etc. to the doorstep, not for social visits. Or exceptionally for Carers to enter when absolutely needed I assume.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@dk168 and @lissyflo , thanks, ladies.

Well, I just spoke to my father. He assured me that 1) he has plenty of food to last him for 2-3 weeks, and 2) my brother who lives with him will be able to go to the supermarkets and purchase food for the both of them when necessary.

Incidentally, I asked my father if my brother is staying put at home, for fear that he may catch the CV and pass it onto my father. My understanding is that only emergency or essential personnel (ie. Drs, nurses, medics, prison staff etc) are going to work. Bc otherwise, it'd defeat the whole purpose of a complete lockdown if my brother (who is a civil servant) is still going to work - business as usual. My father said he'd left this morning. I said that the new directive was only issued by the PM last night, and that my brother would likely return home in a short while. My father didn't believe me!

Last edited:

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix The definition of emergency worker was broader than you’d think last week. I haven’t seen reference to any changes as of yesterday’s announcement. Some government staff were definitely included so I guess it could depend on your brother’s specific role? I know the internet news said rush hour was still quite busy this morning, so I think there are, sadly, quite a few people with an over-inflated sense of their own importance. We’ll be in the same position as France soon I think/hope, where you need approval paperwork to leave the house.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix The definition of emergency worker was broader than you’d think last week. I haven’t seen reference to any changes as of yesterday’s announcement. Some government staff were definitely included so I guess it could depend on your brother’s specific role? I know the internet news said rush hour was still quite busy this morning, so I think there are, sadly, quite a few people with an over-inflated sense of their own importance. We’ll be in the same position as France soon I think/hope, where you need approval paperwork to leave the house.

:x2 ;(

I think the UK must be heading towards the same as France...at least, like you, I hope.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, this was predictable. Honestly I think criminal charges should be a possibility. We are seeing people in this age group ignore lockdown requirements and social distancing recommendations world wide. And to be particularly vindictive, part of me thinks that they should be tagged as an idiot and be put into a lower triage category for medical resources for deliberately putting themselves and others at risk. I realize this is unethical from a conventional medicine standpoint (as we don't punish people and withhold needed medical treatment in any other circumstance where people are sick as a result of poor decisions), but still...

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So theres' places down here having a Drive In Church service where everyone stays in their car and watches a big screen of the service together. not even joking.... I guess its one way to still be able to be at church if thats your thing.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium

The paperwork here is just a paper form you print out and sign. If you don't have a printer you can just write it by hand.
It's easy and won't hinder you if you need to go out. It has, however the phrase of "declaration sur l'honneur", sworn statement, on it. So if you are elsewhere than written on the form beforehand, they can fine you immediately.

It's an extra step to make the idiots think twice and it seems to work very well without much hassle for the people who need to help elderly family members/shop for groceries/go to the doctor or do physical activities (alone and far apart from others)

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't know where to post this hope here is fine. Just want to say never been more proud to be Italian lol Gotta give those Mayors Brownie Points to take off the white gloves and tell it like it is. Enough with not wanting to offend ad having to walk on eggshells.

OMG -- that is FANTASTIC! My favorite part is the dogs with the inflamed prostate! The closed casket part is a close second.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Husband just called. He was leaving work when he got a call. Some one there has tested positive. He's talking to HR now.
He says they guy hasn't been to work since Friday, works second shift and he (husband) hasn't had any direct contact with him.
But husband is director of manufacturing. He's all over that facility every day.
Ugh. Ughy, ughy,
UGG

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Husband just called. He was leaving work when he got a call. Some one there has tested positive. He's talking to HR now.
He says they guy hasn't been to work since Friday, works second shift and he (husband) hasn't had any direct contact with him.
But husband is director of manufacturing. He's all over that facility every day.
Ugh. Ughy, ughy,
UGG

Hoping he doesn't get sick! Keep us posted.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results