shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you worried about the Coronavirus?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That was hysterical! I am sure many Chinese people, first gen, get this, this was true when I was a kid, Jewish kids! be a doctor!, Irish kids, be a cop! Italian kids! open a deli! or be a cop or a fireman!... It's nice that every nationality who has the luck to emigrate to the USA has loving parents who want the best and easiest life.. it was heartening to watch MB besides funny.. xo

That was hysterical!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I have to say it is getting a bit bonkers here in the northeast. I told my elderly Mom that I have supplies for her and that I'm worried. This is what she texted back to me "Don't worry its going to be ok, if not, then worry. That's my opinion let's wait until we get more info". I just love her.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MTG do you have a thought on why the liver enzymes were going up??? and the white count! jeez louise. maybe meds???

I am not MTG.

Just a thought. People are getting their fibre from eating TP washed down with ethanol alcohol. Not isopropol cuz that cleans surfaces but...and...lots of OTC products take a toll on the liver......

Just a thought. :P2

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am not MTG.

Just a thought. People are getting their fibre from eating TP washed down with ethanol alcohol. Not isopropol cuz that cleans surfaces but...and...lots of OTC products take a toll on the liver......

Just a thought. :P2

:lol-2:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MTG do you have a thought on why the liver enzymes were going up??? and the white count! jeez louise. maybe meds???

It's hard to speculate on since we aren't given any other info about the patient. Common things being common, it may have been medication side effects, not sure what the person's baseline liver health is or what home meds they might have been taking. I wouldn't read too much into it unless it seems to be a pattern among many patients.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My county has moved from containment to mitigation. This means that they no longer recommend that someone be quarantined if they have come in contact with a person who has tested positive for Coronavirus. Now, we are being asked to stay home if we feel sick and quarantine if we test positive. :((

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just outrageous!

I am not sure about this as a fact, but I read somewhere that it was suggested they stay home, but they went to the dance before they knew the other daughter had actually tested positive. While at the dance they got a text that she had tested positive and they left immediately.
Still, stupid and thoughtless.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please forgive the lack of links. I am tired and going to try to sleep now. Just wanted to update you all on interesting bits of the day.

There are two more assisted living homes with positive virus tests. (In addition to the several already known about.) Many stores are still out of TP and cleaning supplies. The governor has called for all events to be cancelled of they have 250+ people. There will be another press conference tomorrow. Some people are speculating he will be closing schools down in western WA or, at minimum, ordering all extra events cancelled.

The big thing of the day is news from a couple of the people who tested positive plus some study (again, forgive the vagueness as I am exhausted) that show that transmission is occuring more through air than through touch. One lady attended a party where no one was sick/coughing/sneezing/hugging/etc and 40% of attendees ended up getting the virus. A man talked (anonymously through a group admin) about how he went to lunch at a restaurant and ended up with many from that lunch testing positive later.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Received this from my Aunt, who taught Nursing & said: handwashing was actually a skill we taught. She also said when you rinse, rinse your hand facing down so the water runs away from you.

Hand washing 101

@sarahb The link didn’t work for me..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My county has moved from containment to mitigation. This means that they no longer recommend that someone be quarantined if they have come in contact with a person who has tested positive for Coronavirus. Now, we are being asked to stay home if we feel sick and quarantine if we test positive. :((

That seems counterintuitive. I haven't turned on the news yet and wonder what the recommendation is for our area. We just sent an announcement to shareholders (in our apartment building) to please self quarantine if you are not feeling well and suspect you might have been exposed to CV or have come into contact with someone with CV...do I need to change that recommendation? Let me see what is going on now. Thanks for sharing @House Cat

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to say it is getting a bit bonkers here in the northeast. I told my elderly Mom that I have supplies for her and that I'm worried. This is what she texted back to me "Don't worry its going to be ok, if not, then worry. That's my opinion let's wait until we get more info". I just love her.

Definitely. My almost 86 year old dad said to me "missy I am not worried. Whatever will be will be". I mean I love him so much and want him around for a long time so please go away CV and leave everyone alone!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @missy! I can’t see my family washing their hands like this! :confused2:

Joanne, it isn't hard. It is just something they need to get used to...try demonstrating it to David and see if he thinks he can do it. I bet he can! And as for your dh he is a grown up but I bet you can convince him too.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joanne, it isn't hard. It is just something they need to get used to...try demonstrating it to David and see if he thinks he can do it. I bet he can! And as for your dh he is a grown up but I bet you can convince him too.

@missy My husband, mom, and David are terrible. They wash their hands so quickly. I’ve even had to remind them to wash their hands! OMG David I can handle..because he won’t be able to do it effectively. I’ll have to do it for him using my hands....

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy My husband, mom, and David are terrible. They wash their hands so quickly. I’ve even had to remind them to wash their hands! OMG David I can handle..because he won’t be able to do it effectively. I’ll have to do it for him using my hands....

Gosh yes for your mom it is critical due to her age. Please try convincing her even if you think it a waste of time and energy. Show her videos on the importance of handwashing to avoid getting CV. Oy. You have your hands full Joanne...((((HUGS)))).

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just for info...I am usually grossed out pumping gas using the handle of the hose. Those things never get sanitized..Can you imagine the germs on them? Yuck! I now keep disposable gloves in my car to use when I pump the gas..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just for info...I am usually grossed out pumping gas using the handle of the hose. Those things never get sanitized..Can you imagine the germs on them? Yuck! I now keep disposable gloves in my car to use when I pump the gas..

We keep our car in a garage and every time we get into it Greg disinfects the steering wheel but I feel it is a losing battle because we cannot disinfect the entire car every single time. If the numbers are right the odds are Greg and I are going to come down with this as well as most people in NYC. But I pray my parents somehow stay well. I do not think they would survive it. :(

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So far here in France I feel safe. Safer than I think I would in the States. Not sure why I feel that way. Maybe the level of panic is lower here, so it feels OK.

To protect my kids, I self quarantined for two weeks after my flight and was sick with cough and extreme fatigue for three days around day 10, but nothing further developed, so it was probably just the usual airport crowd grunge.(but who knows...??? That’s where the paranoia can come in).

My kids went to an event in Northern France last weekend, traveling by train. Now they have invited me to go to IKEA in a big city on Saturday. My first thought? The kids may have picked it up...then...what about the crowds...& food prepared by a kitchen crew. Possibly not good, but then...what do you do? Avoid everyone and everything for at least the next couple of months? It becomes impossible to avoid having a normal life. Even if I am super careful, lots of people I know and have contact with go all sorts of places... so where do you draw the line?

Just thinking out loud.

Ugh. Never thought about gas pump handles!
Here we go down the rabbit hole. LOL

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do have my hands full with them..no joke...lol...@missy! She will sneeze out in the open if my back is turned. David reminds her! Haha She knows but doesn’t care. She also will sneeze into her hands...:sick:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I hope your parents stay safe..Hopefully they are staying inside their home..Can you and Greg go to the beach house in case it gets bad?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So far here in France I feel safe. Safer than I think I would in the States. Not sure why I feel that way. Maybe the level of panic is lower here, so it feels OK.

To protect my kids, I self quarantined for two weeks after my flight and was sick with cough and extreme fatigue for three days around day 10, but nothing further developed, so it was probably just the usual airport crowd grunge.(but who knows...??? That’s where the paranoia can come in).

My kids went to an event in Northern France last weekend, traveling by train. Now they have invited me to go to IKEA in a big city on Saturday. My first thought? The kids may have picked it up...then...what about the crowds...& food prepared by a kitchen crew. Possibly not good, but then...what do you do? Avoid everyone and everything for at least the next couple of months? It becomes impossible to avoid having a normal life. Even if I am super careful, lots of people I know and have contact with go all sorts of places... so where do you draw the line?

Just thinking out loud.

Ugh. Never thought about gas pump handles!
Here we go down the rabbit hole. LOL

So I cannot believe I am saying this @Jimmianne but perhaps skip the IKEA event on Saturday? Better safe than sorry til we know more about the spread of the virus by you? IDK but remember high risk category and I want you to remain well. You are just getting over something too so just skip this one and see how it goes. It is hard because I agree a balance between normalcy and safety is not easy but risk benefit ratio needs to be assessed with all situations right now. IMO. Stay well and (((hugs))).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results