shape
carat
color
clarity

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL !!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
A single breast is no big deal; it's just that the whole broadcast--commercials, halftime show, and all--was a highly tasteless exercise.

When I watch a football game, I want to see football--not crotch-grabbing, equine flatulence, and 15 different ads for erectile disfunction medication.
14.gif
angryfire.gif

I feel sorry for the players--no one is talking about what was a fairly good game.
sad.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes the WSJ was also panning the whole event yesterday...Greg read me some excerpts that were quite scatching ...and funny..
2.gif
They also noticed the numerous erectile ads and the 'up to 4 hours' side effect...HA!

Thought the Budweiser donkey was funny. But again, nothing on par with previous years. Halftime show was loads better than last year, but then again that was NOT saying much since I thought last years was horrible. No rats ass here!!
9.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 2/3/2004 1:10:48 PM LawGem wrote:

I feel sorry for the players--no one is talking about what was a fairly good game.
sad.gif

----------------

It was a good game. One that kept me interested past my bedtime. I just don't want to talk about it because of 3 points in the last seconds of the game.
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

That said, personally - Bejonce's rendition of our Anthem was moving - and I loved the "sympony". Aside from the game, the most tasteful event of the evening.

And, my BBQ ribs were great!

godiva

Rough_Rock
Beyonce's performance was good. It's hard to find a singer who can actually sing now a days.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 2/3/2004 1:14:26 PM Mara wrote:

2.gif
They also noticed the numerous erectile ads and the 'up to 4 hours' side effect...HA-

My husband & I were cackeling like school children at that commercial. If I recall correctly, it said that the effects would last for 36 hours - BUT - if one was to *stay* that way for more than four hours - one must see a doctor immediately. Talk about the disclaimer of a lifetime. I was ready for them to say - see doctor immediately for fear it may fall off. You know men - and their - well you know. Even if hubby needed it - that drug is *definitely* off his list. He's scared!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Also like I was telling Greg...What type of audience watches the SB? Men. Men who like sports? Somewhat macho men? Men who are hanging out with their friends watching sports? Not exactly the type of audience who wants to be making notations of what can help their ED problems while sitting there with their friends!! Who was the brilliant mind behind that one?!
cry.gif

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 2/3/2004 1:28:35 PM Mara wrote:

Who was the brilliant mind behind that one?!
cry.gif

----------------
My wife pointed out--and working in marketing, I'm sure you know this, Mara--these things don't happen in isolation. Commercials get reviewed, and re-reviewed. Layers upon layers of producers and executive producers and assistant producers are all in on the act. CBS knew what it was putting on, yet no one seems to have thought it might not have gone over so well. And these people are presumably being well paid for this work...
nono.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 2/3/2004 1:28:35 PM Mara wrote:

Also like I was telling Greg...What type of audience watches the SB? Men. Men who like sports? Somewhat macho men? Men who are hanging out with their friends watching sports? Not exactly the type of audience who wants to be making notations of what can help their ED problems while sitting there with their friends!! Who was the brilliant mind behind that one?!
cry.gif

----------------

But, and to point w/ Lawgem too, think about how many *men* watch that show. Older men as well. I once was involved in a very uncomfortable discussion with some much older women friends of mine. There's alot more of ED then people are willing to discuss. Plus, I know one guy (50) who tried it just for the heck of it. He said it was interesting. I didn't want to go there.

That said, though the audience (and perhaps future audience) was in attendence, the commercials didn't deliver the right message.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
The audience in general was hugely appropriate. Definitely.

But since most men watch the game with FRIENDS....the advertisers didn't think about the follow-through. Hhmm well maybe our ads apply to 20% of the men watching (?!), but how are we going to get them to remember our name without having them write it down on a notepad in the middle of the commercial with all their friends looking on. Hee!
rolleyes.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 2/3/2004 2:09:34 PM Mara wrote:

The audience in general was hugely appropriate. Definitely.

), but how are we going to get them to remember our name without having them write it down on a notepad in the middle of the commercial with all their friends looking on. Hee!
rolleyes.gif

----------------

It was all over the internet, etc. the next day in the privacy of their own home.

At the end of the day, I didn't think they really were appropriate for the Superbowl. But, I guess time will tell - I think the older baby boomers are a huge market for that type of thing.
22.gif

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
I think the audience was appropriate enough... there had to be plenty of older boomers watching. But that does kind of beg the question of the choices for the halftime programming, which was unquestionably skewed towards the teen/20s demographic. Maybe they figured the ED folks were up getting a beer while the kids tuned in to watch P. Diddy, Justin, and Kid Rock?

Bleah.
14.gif
I still say this was a football game, not a circus sideshow.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hee Hee no, during the halftime show, the boomers were in their bedrooms secretly writing down the ED drug while they could still remember it.
9.gif
11.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 2/3/2004 4:00:55 PM LawGem wrote:

Bleah.
14.gif
I still say this was a football game, not a circus sideshow.
----------------

Oh please, you are not that naive.
9.gif
. The Superbowl *is* a circus - not just a sideshow. The pre,pre,pre,pre,pre,pre,pre,pre, etc - game started at 11:00 EST. It pre-empted a God show. Nickelodian was the 1st sponser pre-game show here. 7 hours of pre-game show.

In defense, I think the party & all the extraneous stuff was the only thing interesting for quite a few years. The games were indeed secondary & over the first half.

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I tuned in just before kick-off. Some of us still do that.
naughty.gif
Which is not to say I would have turned down a ticket to the Maxim Superbowl Party.
9.gif

But you're correct about the quality of the games... for years it was just one dull blow-out after another. The last few have been quite a bit more interesting.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
What's a GOD show?!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 2/3/2004 4:27:22 PM Mara wrote:

What's a GOD show?!
----------------

You know - at first I was confused by you asking me that - then I wondered if it may be a regional thing. Anyway, all of the major networks (CBS included) host either a Church service or God show on Sunday mornings. I've never seen them pre-empted before.

Denise

Shiny_Rock
OOOOOhhhh my goodness. I can't believe the b**b incident. I actually missed it. I went outside to walk my dog. She decides to go tinkle right when the halftime show started and she took her sweet time. When I went back to the party, they all looked like they had seen a ghost. I didn't believe them...of course. How could that be ??? I'm still in shock. Someone e-mailed me a close up and I must say it was pretty yucky. I have a friend who works at a car dealership..he said that every single guy has a pix of the b**b at their stations.
nono.gif
What goof balls !!!! I bet if their girlfriends or wives knew they wouldn't be too happy.
eek.gif

I enjoyed the game up until last few seconds when the Patriots ripped my heart out. We were all for the Panthers winning. BOO HOO !!! Unfortunately, this Super Bowl will be remembered for the b**b and not for an outstanding performance of the players.

What an ending to a great season of football. Hoping next year will be much better...and no more b**bie shots
6.gif

Denise

www.whiteflash.com

21.gif

Whitewolf

Rough_Rock
I am the same way. I love football and I die a little each year the day after the superbowl.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results